R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 08-14-2008, 09:09 PM   #16
Tech Fanatic

Setting the slipper is simple. For the inital adjsutment set the buggy on the track and set the slipper to slip about 2 to 3 feet on hard acceleration. Then testdrive it around the track and see what it feels like. If you need more acceleration for a certain part of the track tighten the slipper 1/4 turn and run another practice run. After a few runs you will have the slipper set correctly. Setting the slipper is critical to good performance and longevity. Too tight is hard on the drivetrain and diffs and too loose creates heat and loss of performance. Too loose can glaze over and burn the slipper pads too.
Hot Bodies VE8 w/ RX8-1900 combo
Losi XXX-SCT CRC conversion MMP/hacker 13.5
Associated B44
Associated B6
Durango DESC410V2 Pro
sport10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 09:49 PM   #17
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Or you could turn down the EPA on your transmitter
Originally Posted by charly71 View Post
you mean to tell me i may have to fork out another 90.00 for a 6.5? maaan!
CanyonCarverR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 05:17 PM   #18
Tech Regular

i greatly appreciate all the help im getting here! well i was at my hobbyshop today and i talked to a real seasoned electric race buddy that i was racing against wed. night and i did say my slipper was sounding pretty loose but we called orion today and talked to a rep/racer there and he runs an sp 4x4 and he is using the 17/78 gear combo and he also said the lrp shpere has 2 degrees of advanced timming in the esc from the factory and he recemended retarding the timing on the motor 4 degrees so in the end i will have 2 degrees retarded timming. he said to much timming will cause a heat issue in a 5.5 so im gonna do that and my race buddy is gonna go over my car tommorow at the track incuding my esc/radio wich im pretty confident its pretty close a guy thats sponcerd by ae. set it up for me last night but we are gonna double check his set up he gave me. my friend told me not to sweat it that we will figure it out. i am gonna change my spur gear and pads just to be safe cause that baby was pretty hot.
charly71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 11:34 AM   #19
Tech Initiate

I had the issue burning a Reedy brushed motors in a 7min heat caused by too loose slipper setting. I had a tested well dialled gearing and slipper setup until I touched the slipper and opened in the grid of the race trying to make the car easier to control accelerating. The slipper felt too loose and I tried to compensate the missing punch to follow the field by giving far much more throttle than usually on that surface. This energy I useless blow away overheated my commutator.
elektrobuggy is offline   Reply With Quote