Diggity Designs 3200 mAh 20C Hard Case Lipo off-road

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diggity Designs 3200 mAh 20C Hard Case Lipo off-road

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 12:20 PM
Tech Regular

Exactly, this one cost like a good 2.4 Ghz radio for car, but you can drive or pilot almost anything, it's reliable and construction is robust.
You can get decent FM receiver for 20 $ unlike spectrum stuff ...
Old 08-11-2008, 09:56 AM
Team Tekin

Damon,

WOW! As a Tekin team driver that has received a large amount of FREE product and considering that the majority of the products listed on your site for sale are Tekin, do you think perhaps this is not a professional manner to conduct yourself?

You picked the wrong company to claim as inferior considering there are a large number of lipo batteries currently on the market that do not come close to meeting the ratings they claim, are manufactured with no regard for the environment or human rights and do not have proper testing to even be legal to ship by any means in this country. We did our homework and can sleep well.

You may run your business however you would like, but I must say I am almost speechless.

Jim Campbell
President
Tekin
Old 08-11-2008, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

I was wondering when someone would bring that up.

Was there any actual testing procedure or is that "seat of the pants" testing?
Old 08-11-2008, 11:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Uh oh diggity designs pissed off tekin....

BTW tekin nice lipo's you came out with JS was showing them to me and they look perty sweet.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by johnnyboy
I was wondering when someone would bring that up.

Was there any actual testing procedure or is that "seat of the pants" testing?
"seat of the pants" testing? dont know what that is.... All tests were done by cycling with a Competition Electronics GFX....
Old 08-11-2008, 12:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TeamTekin
Damon,

WOW! As a Tekin team driver that has received a large amount of FREE product and considering that the majority of the products listed on your site for sale are Tekin, do you think perhaps this is not a professional manner to conduct yourself?

You picked the wrong company to claim as inferior considering there are a large number of lipo batteries currently on the market that do not come close to meeting the ratings they claim, are manufactured with no regard for the environment or human rights and do not have proper testing to even be legal to ship by any means in this country. We did our homework and can sleep well.

You may run your business however you would like, but I must say I am almost speechless.

Jim Campbell
President
Tekin
Again Jim, My BAD... didnt even realize.... Thanks for the opportunity to run for Tekin!
Old 08-11-2008, 01:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TeamTekin
Damon,

Jim Campbell
President
Tekin

WOW,

Let me start off by saying that I am a Tekin fan, I have used their products for well over 10 years and have had great results and their CS has been second to none.

That being said I have tested (On a tekin DIS350) 3400mah tekins and my 3200mah Yeah racing (Seem to be the same as diggity's packs) and the yeahs have a slight advantage. I didn't take his comments to say tekin packs are inferior just not as good as, and considering they cost less than half as much as the tekin packs a much better buy.

As for evironmental concerns and human rights, like many others on this site I am a racer first, I do not have the will or time to look up every products human rights records and other companies have been shipping them with no problems for a while now. If you have problem with them and think they are in violation contact the proper agency.

I guess what I learned from this is that if you run for Tekin they have the best battery period and you better not say anything otherwise. I always figured it worked that way but glad you cleared it up for me.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Tekin and Diggity didnt make up already did they? I thought I just found an interesting new thread to follow...
Old 08-11-2008, 02:27 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Part of being sponsored is representing your team and it's products with intergity.

This means you would not bring your own competitive product to market and claim it's better then the companies product from which you're sponsored.

That would be like the Ryan's from AE coming out with their own chassis and saying it's better or faster the AE's and still expect to be sponsored?!?!?

Bottom line on top of that is that it's not good business to simply call out other companies product and claim superiority to better your chances.

You never see Trinity bashing Orion by name, Losi and Ae duking it out by name,etc.

We wish him all the best but a little time spent researching market strategy may be in order.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Part of being sponsored is representing your team and it's products with intergity.

This means you would not bring your own competitive product to market and claim it's better then the companies product from which you're sponsored.

That would be like the Ryan's from AE coming out with their own chassis and saying it's better or faster the AE's and still expect to be sponsored?!?!?

Bottom line on top of that is that it's not good business to simply call out other companies product and claim superiority to better your chances.

You never see Trinity bashing Orion by name, Losi and Ae duking it out by name,etc.

We wish him all the best but a little time spent researching market strategy may be in order.
OK!!
Old 08-11-2008, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (99%+)

I am sure there was no harm meant by what was said and maybe it was a good thing to bring to his attention. That being said, Tekin does have great products and i have used them currently and in the past. Diggity also helped out many, many racers by customizing lipo braces. A big thank you goes to both companies for everything you are doing for RC car racing. THANK YOU!
Old 08-11-2008, 07:21 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Well I like Diggity products and have all them on my GV2 and my local hobbyshop carries alot of Diggity stuff. I will continue to buy the products no matter what is going on here. I bought off his website and have always had excellent service and my products arrive quickly.

Actually looking forward to piloting my Diggity 1/18th Associated buggy this winter. Going to start building in in the next month or two. Should be killer when its all done.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
So,

Jeff Cuffs really rips with your 3400's
Right?
He does use Tekin batteries, right?
I mean, he wouldn't use a competitors batteries because they are faster would he?

Besides, NO WHERE has Damon claimed superiority over Tekin stuff. Now you guys are just making stuff up.
I believe he merely stated a fact according to a GFX and track tests.

I got a couple of Diggity packs for myself, and I would say he is right.

r

Last edited by Mexi Brown; 08-12-2008 at 01:23 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

110% agree! paid less than half of those trakpower,etc..ones. and these are used for higher powered applications on helis.

Originally Posted by Mister-T
For 45 $ shipped i'v got a 4300 mah lipo, not harcased, but battery tray act as a nice enclosure.

Who care about the brand, the most important is ratio performance/price if it's good then go for it.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Can Tekin please elaborate on how your lipos are environmentally friendly and the rights of the humans who made them were not abused? Did you travel to China and tour the plant where theyre made or what?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.