Search
Like Tree2Likes

Tekno Conversions Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teknorc
I've seen a couple people flip the diff around and use an RCM mount, but that was for a different vehicle. With a little work, you should be able to get it to work. Remember, you'll need to use mechanical brakes in conjunction with the clutch setup, so that should figure into your layout. That said, we're working on the MBX5-T kit now. It will include a custom chassis and all of the other parts that you've seen in our other kit (motor mount, battery tray, etc).

It's a great setup once it's up and running. Handles like a nitro, with brake bias and great jumping attitude, just a lot faster and more predictable
I understand that I will need mechanical brakes with the clutch, I love the idea of not using motor brakes and love what you guys are doing. Let me know if you guys need a loaner vehicle for the conversion...if not, what is the ETA on the Mugen kit?
Old 08-27-2008, 12:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Thanks Riceman, here's the issue, are you running the micro spektrum? cause when I turn on power the receiver starts blinking rapidly which is in pairing mode with the radio's module..here's my receiver's layout,

A.
T.ESC
S.Steering servo
B.Brake servo

Am I missing something?
Old 08-27-2008, 12:34 PM
Tech Regular

Riceman on my screen, the mode:INH (off) your's is Mode:ACT (On)
how do I change INH to Act and what level are you using, 1,2,3 or big car?
My menu is a little different on the 3pks by the way.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by longbill76
Thanks Riceman, here's the issue, are you running the micro spektrum? cause when I turn on power the receiver starts blinking rapidly which is in pairing mode with the radio's module..here's my receiver's layout,

A.
T.ESC
S.Steering servo
B.Brake servo

Am I missing something?
I don't get it... What is your problem? No pairing with your receiver?
Old 08-27-2008, 01:30 PM
Tech Regular

Pairing is fine, it's just when I turn on power the receiver starts blinking rapidly, like when you first set it up to pair with module.. The micro receiver has no pairing button, here is a link to better explain things..
http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo...structions.pdf
I just need to know if I plugged in my servos & esc in the right slot..
Old 08-27-2008, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

Pairing is fine, it's just when I turn on power the receiver starts blinking rapidly, like when you first set it up to pair with module.. The micro receiver has no pairing button, here is a link to better explain things..
http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo...structions.pdf
I just need to know if I plugged in my servos & esc in the right slot..
Sound like you have everything plugged in fine, but it seems like the receiver is not binded (ie: blinking on receiver). Do you have the "bind plug" for binding the receiver? If not, you need to short out the two outside leads on any channel using any conductive metal object (small piece of wire works fine).

Hope this helps.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

So do you have servo movement on steering channel?

How about the other channels, how are they acting?

Thx
Old 08-27-2008, 01:57 PM
Tech Regular

My receiver is already binded...this is what I'm currently doing, I'm trying to set my mixing with my 3pks, my esc is not plugged, I have a 5cell hump pack attached for power so I can do my brake adjustments..If I unplug the brake servo from receiver everything seems fine, steering is fine..
If I plug in the brake servo into receiver, & plug battery in it starts blinking
but If I plug in the brake servo while powered on it's fine, steering is fine, but when I hit brake it steers right.. So I'm a bit confused..
Old 08-27-2008, 02:17 PM
Tech Regular

I solved it...finally...
Old 08-27-2008, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It sounds like there are 2 issues: the blinking and the mixing.

1. I had a similar issue with the micro receivers blinking. First, make sure all of your servo's and ESC are plugged in to the correct channels. The only thing that should be plugged into the B (battery) port on the receiver is the BEC wire or RX pack. Once that has been verified, pull the signal wire from the BEC, so the only thing going to the receiver are positive and negative (for power only). This will stop making the RX think it's in bind mode.

2. For the mixing, again, make sure all of the servo's are plugged into there correct ports. 'A' (auxiliary) is for the brake servo. Riceman's setup should work from there. Hope this helps.

----
looks like you solved it as I was writing.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

A.
T.ESC
S.Steering servo
B.Brake servo

Am I missing something?
Ah I see - Tekno has already pointed out that only the BEC or Rx battery should be going into B.

B is for Battery and Binding. A is Auxillary or Channel 3. Plug your Brake servo into A.

Here is mine:

A. Y connector with Brake Servo and ESC fan
T. ESC with red wire removed to disable Mamba Max internal BEC
S. Steering servo
B. Y connector with BEC and Personal Transponder

Note that the Y connector has the signal wire removed. Only the red and black power wires are going into B. As Tekno already mentioned this will eliminate the possibility of the receiver attempting to re-bind every time it is powered up. This is what it is doing with your Brake servo plugged into B (the bind slot)

Old 08-27-2008, 08:03 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks again Tekno & Rice..It was a combination of things that did not work, first it was my 3pks, which has a different menu & options from your 3pk Rice. My manual did not specify how to achieve brake mixing..on my 3PKS I have to go to Menu-Type and change to Level 3..after that Brake mixing will appear on the regular menu..plus it was set on Boat mode by default, so I had to figure everything out...I still do not get why Futaba did not bother to go over these steps in the manual...If I figured out the radio first the receiver would've been easy..Thanks again though..I will clean up the wiring tonight & post pics, I'm trying to make this the cleanest brushless setup..
Old 08-27-2008, 09:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trdsupra88
I understand that I will need mechanical brakes with the clutch, I love the idea of not using motor brakes and love what you guys are doing. Let me know if you guys need a loaner vehicle for the conversion...if not, what is the ETA on the Mugen kit?
Is it going to be a while for the MBX5T kit?
Old 08-27-2008, 11:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by trdsupra88
Is it going to be a while for the MBX5T kit?
It can not been foreseen at this point. There are too many hurdles still before a kit would be ready, to be able to make a guess already. When a conversion is made, the road to completion involves race track testing of the prototype parts before release.

Thanks!
Old 08-27-2008, 11:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Marzac2
It can not been foreseen at this point. There are too many hurdles still before a kit would be ready, to be able to make a guess already. When a conversion is made, the road to completion involves race track testing of the prototype parts before release.

Thanks!
any eta on an rc8t kit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.