R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-18-2017, 10:17 AM   #10246
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Tekno V4 converted D8t and Losi 8t 3.0

I really like those V4 conversions. Hope they have parts available for a Long time. Got the ET48.3 as well though,

Old 01-30-2017, 02:16 PM   #10247
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I am only a year into this hobby and am curious to exactly what I am looking at? So are these old Tekno platforms (before my time in the hobby)?

What do you guys mean when you are converting? Are you starting with one brand and putting tekno parts on it?

Sorry for all the questions but it appears there is so much more to this hobby than I very thought, I feel my toes are barely even wet, but i am already trying to dive!!

Thanks
Tbuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 02:19 PM   #10248
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Conversion, basically is taking a Nitro Buggy and converting it to Electric Buggy.
Tekno made conversion chassis's for brands that didn't have readily available Ebuggies.

For the past 3 or 4yrs Tekno now make their own brand buggies.
snwchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 02:21 PM   #10249
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbuggy View Post
I am only a year into this hobby and am curious to exactly what I am looking at? So are these old Tekno platforms (before my time in the hobby)?

What do you guys mean when you are converting? Are you starting with one brand and putting tekno parts on it?

Sorry for all the questions but it appears there is so much more to this hobby than I very thought, I feel my toes are barely even wet, but already trying to dive in!!

Thanks
From what I remember, Tekno started out with a small lineup of cars, but their main thing was to put out electric conversions for popular nitro trucks, buggies etc. With better than stock quality components that let someone try out an electric setup without having to buy a dedicated electric kit.

But now Tekno has a pretty deep selection of proprietary cars and have focused less on conversions as time goes on.
EbbTide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 02:28 PM   #10250
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbbTide View Post
From what I remember, Tekno started out with a small lineup of cars, but their main thing was to put out electric conversions for popular nitro trucks, buggies etc. With better than stock quality components that let someone try out an electric setup without having to buy a dedicated electric kit.

But now Tekno has a pretty deep selection of proprietary cars and have focused less on conversions as time goes on.
Gotch ya.

Interesting...the Tekno guys sound like they know how to run a business!!
Tbuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 02:30 PM   #10251
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbuggy View Post
Gotch ya.

Interesting...the Tekno guys sound like they know how to run a business!!
Well they have certainly succeeded in taking a lot of my money over time lol. I love their cars. I just wish I could afford to have them all at once.
EbbTide is online now   Reply With Quote