R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-07-2008, 01:18 AM   #16
Tech Elite
 
teknorc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: So Cal
Posts: 3,156
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntpower View Post
Can a 170mm long batt. can fit in the 8ight buggy teknorc with tray mods? (Zippy -R)
The buggy is a little bit tighter fit, but you could fit one in by not using the radio tray that sits in front of the battery now. There are other places to put your radio gear if desired. I think 160mm could fit without mods, but 170mm is pushing it.
__________________
Tekno RC
www.teknorc.com
teknorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 07:18 AM   #17
Tech Legend
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 29,442
Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default

I look forward to seeing pics of your RC8 conversion. I know guys who are looking into electric, but want brake bias like nitro.
__________________
Member - Red River Radio/Control Car Club
< HB Racing D413 | Tekno EB48SL / SCT410.3 | Tekno EB410 | Yokomo YZ-2 DTM x 2 | LC Racing EMB-1 Buggies and Truggies >
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 12:57 PM   #18
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Boerne, Texas
Posts: 100
Default

ok so i tried to set up my tekno 8 but i am having a problem. When i give it brake on the servo the esc is going foward. so my ? is, is there any way to seperate fowrd for the esc but also have the brake
__________________
Losi 8 Tekno conv. Neu 1512 2d/f Phoenix 85 Max Amps 4s 6000 DX3

X1 CRT,Werks .28 B7 teamline,JP-3,DX2
jlinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 01:08 PM   #19
Tech Regular
 
turtlebmx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: lees summit mo
Posts: 280
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

do you have a mixing radio?
turtlebmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 01:11 PM   #20
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Boerne, Texas
Posts: 100
Exclamation

no just the DX2

would a DX3 work
__________________
Losi 8 Tekno conv. Neu 1512 2d/f Phoenix 85 Max Amps 4s 6000 DX3

X1 CRT,Werks .28 B7 teamline,JP-3,DX2
jlinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 01:50 PM   #21
Tech Master
 
Marzac2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,044
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlinds View Post
no just the DX2

would a DX3 work
I looked at the DX2 manual and I am surprised to see it does not include mixing.

However the DX3 does. And this happens to be the radio most of us Tekno guys are currently using. So if you need any help setting up this radio, let us know.

You can also use a servo "Y" cable attached to the speed control output from the receiver. This can be done in place of radio mixing if you want to use the DX2.
__________________
Tekno RC - EB48 and SCT410
DE Racing - Wheels and accessories
Tekin ESCs / Hitec Servos and Chargers
Marzac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 02:03 PM   #22
Tech Master
 
Marzac2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,044
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

I forgot to mention that if you are having a problem with the servo direction with the DX2, you will need a servo "Y" cable with a direction reverse buffer. See here: http://www.impaktrc.com/product_info...oducts_id=3142

Hope this helps.
__________________
Tekno RC - EB48 and SCT410
DE Racing - Wheels and accessories
Tekin ESCs / Hitec Servos and Chargers
Marzac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 02:42 PM   #23
Tech Fanatic
 
stfitzgerald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 785
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

I got my tekno kit on thursday and i am so happy that every thing is going together smooth.I am in the middle of moving and i can only work on it a little bit of time each night.i am almost done just have to put in the esc.(i was kinda hoping my mmm would be back soon)I took it down to my local hobby shop and every one looked at it like it was the trickest car that they ever saw.I have already seen them in action they look awesome.
__________________
ALL STATE DRIVESHAFT
TEKNO PERFORMANCE PARTS
stfitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 02:44 PM   #24
Tech Fanatic
 
rice_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 817
Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Default

I don't know where I've been... I just found this thread today.

DX2 radio won't have 3rd channel mixing due to the fact that it is only a two channel radio.

Third channel mixing is definitely the way to go to be able to really dial in the brakes. A Y-connector will work but from what it sounds like you may have the servo orientation or possibly the motor reverse wired. Program the esc to forward only with no braking. You don't want your motor spinning backwards when you hit the brakes.

I'm actually in the process of videotaping my buggy build. The build took a little over an hour from start to finish - I'm going to try to edit down to 7-8 min. This doesn't include the time to solder connectors on my ESC and motor. The idea is to show the quality of the kit and as a result the ease in which these go together.

As Marzac2 mentioned these kits are track tested and in case you haven't seen them run yet here are a couple vids -

JBRL Series 1/8 Demo class at Revelation Raceway. 4 of the 8 vehicles running this race were Tekno prototypes.

Truggy Qualifier at ARC Raceway in Temecula. Three vehicles in this heat were Tekno V3's. I'll have to post up some more updated footage as the layout has already change since they opened this track six weeks ago.

jnev definitely come out and join us. I've finally got my CRT .5 conversion running. Practice days are pretty fun and laid back.
rice_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 06:05 AM   #25
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Boerne, Texas
Posts: 100
Default

Thanks for the help. The DX3 fixed the problem. Got it up and running hours before our weekly race and ran it with limited sucess. The esc kept thermaling after a few minutes.(r1 pro). I didnt finish anything that night but Sunday i installed a Phoenix 85 and I'm smiling nowRan fullpacks no fans, no thermal, cant wait untill next saturday. The tecko kit with the clutch takes a little getting used to. It has the feel of a nitro. Flawless kit, everything fit pefectly.
__________________
Losi 8 Tekno conv. Neu 1512 2d/f Phoenix 85 Max Amps 4s 6000 DX3

X1 CRT,Werks .28 B7 teamline,JP-3,DX2

Last edited by jlinds; 08-11-2008 at 06:16 AM.
jlinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 06:22 AM   #26
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Boerne, Texas
Posts: 100
Default

Now on to the set up. What are yall using for fluids Shock, diff and what springs? and is there anything I need to do to my new race roller? I am new to losi.
__________________
Losi 8 Tekno conv. Neu 1512 2d/f Phoenix 85 Max Amps 4s 6000 DX3

X1 CRT,Werks .28 B7 teamline,JP-3,DX2
jlinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 06:46 AM   #27
Tech Addict
 
lxmuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 572
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_man View Post
I don't know where I've been... I just found this thread today.

DX2 radio won't have 3rd channel mixing due to the fact that it is only a two channel radio.

Third channel mixing is definitely the way to go to be able to really dial in the brakes. A Y-connector will work but from what it sounds like you may have the servo orientation or possibly the motor reverse wired. Program the esc to forward only with no braking. You don't want your motor spinning backwards when you hit the brakes.

I'm actually in the process of videotaping my buggy build. The build took a little over an hour from start to finish - I'm going to try to edit down to 7-8 min. This doesn't include the time to solder connectors on my ESC and motor. The idea is to show the quality of the kit and as a result the ease in which these go together.

As Marzac2 mentioned these kits are track tested and in case you haven't seen them run yet here are a couple vids -

JBRL Series 1/8 Demo class at Revelation Raceway. 4 of the 8 vehicles running this race were Tekno prototypes.

Truggy Qualifier at ARC Raceway in Temecula. Three vehicles in this heat were Tekno V3's. I'll have to post up some more updated footage as the layout has already change since they opened this track six weeks ago.

jnev definitely come out and join us. I've finally got my CRT .5 conversion running. Practice days are pretty fun and laid back.
Nice video. They do make enough of noise to determine how things are running as long as there isn't a nitro there drowning the electrics out.
__________________
MBX6--MMM - Castle
Losi 8T 2.0-- MMM - Castle
www.rcproductdesigns.com
Schmutz ist fr den Rennsport, asphalt ist fr die Anreise
lxmuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 01:21 PM   #28
Tech Master
 
Marzac2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,044
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlinds View Post
Thanks for the help. The DX3 fixed the problem. Got it up and running hours before our weekly race and ran it with limited sucess. The esc kept thermaling after a few minutes.(r1 pro). I didnt finish anything that night but Sunday i installed a Phoenix 85 and I'm smiling nowRan fullpacks no fans, no thermal, cant wait untill next saturday. The tecko kit with the clutch takes a little getting used to. It has the feel of a nitro. Flawless kit, everything fit pefectly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlinds View Post
Now on to the set up. What are yall using for fluids Shock, diff and what springs? and is there anything I need to do to my new race roller? I am new to losi.
Jlinds: Nice to hear. Good to see the Phoenix controller has worked for you. We have not tested that model yet, but it has the capability needed and that's sweet that it runs cool for you!!

P.S. Keep in mind that your clutch is brand new and they like to slip a bit during the "break in" period. After a few more runs, that clutch will become more consistent and quicker at engaging. If you still want the throttle to come on quicker and have more of a "direct" feel, remove the spring in the clutch. Just make sure you are running the shoes in the "leading" position and leave the spring out for a quicker response.

As for the set-up differences. There really aren't any changes we do for electric, because we build the electric systems to be close in performance to a nitro. Only real difference is that we have more torque in the low RPM range (and sometimes more top end as well). So you can run everything the same as suggested by Lost and build from there. Some of us run heavier oil/springs, but it's a preference thing and changes from track to track. Sometimes there is a need to thicken up the center differential oil. This is due to the crazy power electrics can produce and without a thick enough oil, the power unloads mostly to the front tires. This mostly happens to truggy's and is usually a sign of a motor that is too powerful for that set-up. However it can be fixed by going to a heavier oil in the center.
__________________
Tekno RC - EB48 and SCT410
DE Racing - Wheels and accessories
Tekin ESCs / Hitec Servos and Chargers
Marzac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 02:56 PM   #29
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Boerne, Texas
Posts: 100
Talking

Thanks again for your help, I'll put heavier fluids in the center diff. Right now I'm having a hard time keeping the tires on the wheels in the front.
__________________
Losi 8 Tekno conv. Neu 1512 2d/f Phoenix 85 Max Amps 4s 6000 DX3

X1 CRT,Werks .28 B7 teamline,JP-3,DX2
jlinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 04:50 PM   #30
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 292
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Hey teknorc, any idea when the Tekno edition 1515/1Y will be back in stock? Have people been using them in 1/8 buggy on 4S with any success? My 1512/2D just bit it and I need a replacement. I used to run a regular 1515/2.5D/F in my old buggy and sold it thinking a lighter 1512 would be better. I actually preferred the 1515 and it ran nice and cool. The 1512/2D would still get hot no matter how I geared it (running 15 min and 30 min races)
pullinteef is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brushless 1/8th conversion info thread jfruge Electric Off-Road 5 09-28-2011 10:17 AM
Tekno Revo Conversion Question chumanji Monster Trucks 9 03-14-2010 08:30 AM
## Revo - Tekno brushless conversion parts for Revo. jf45 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 05-21-2008 07:33 PM
Tekno RC Brushless Conversion Kit for REVO jnfweld R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 03-07-2008 05:46 PM
Tekno RC Brushless Conversion for REVO kv!n Electric Off-Road 0 11-03-2007 11:24 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:46 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net