Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BISBEE 248
yah thats what i was getting at with my original question just didnt
want tobe that blunt..:
I don't know what you're talking about?
Old 08-21-2008, 10:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks to Jimmy and the entire Hot Rod crew for putting on such an awesome race and for making life easier for out of towners! See you guys next year at the Shootout.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:21 AM
Tech Regular

X Factory Cars looked good out there, IMO.

+1 To Brian! Jimmy and the Hot Rod Crew did a great job. Tech had their hands full and did a great job out there.

Hot Rod Hobbies put on a great event as usual.

Old 08-21-2008, 11:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BISBEE 248
anybody tell me how brian kinwald looked-driving,i know he didnt make the a mains but saw he made couple b mains with sum stiff comp,just nice to see him back at the track and driving..
I'm willing to bet that if Kinwald gets to feelin 100% he will surely be one they'll have to beat for a title!
GO DIRT!
He'll kick your aces with a Radio Shack or Nikko Worlds Edition Factory Team ride.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
I'm willing to bet that if Kinwald gets to feelin 100% he will surely be one they'll have to beat for a title!
GO DIRT!
He'll kick your aces with a Radio Shack or Nikko Worlds Edition Factory Team ride.

I agree. Didn't look like the X-Factory cars were holding him back at all. He's still the Dirtinator, as has contributed a lot to our hobby. Heck, the new PL tires are an evolution of his BK Bar design aren't they?

Payed for the Bonus Lap subscription at around race #27. Glad I did. No more que!!! Kudos to Brandon, Jimmy, Canyon, and anbody else involved with the LiveRC thing!!!

Oh, and I agree that some 'behind the scenes' type stuff (pit interviews, etc) would be neat to see during the practice hours.

Enough teasing us Jimmy. WE NEED A HOTTIE CAM TOO!!!
Old 08-21-2008, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
Till we figure out what's holding him back why not just call it the X factor?
i believe this was your comment.. that is what i was talking about..
Old 08-21-2008, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
GO DIRT!
i agree 100% kinwald has done so much for are sport i am just glad hes back and racing,i would love to see him back on top and with his knowledge it is very possible..
Old 08-21-2008, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Kinwald is an amazing driver. I remember at last year's CRCRC big electric race, he broke his X5 with about 2 or 3 minutes to go. He kept on driving it (with three wheels) and driving it with better lap times than I could ever hope to get with all 4 wheels.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I dont think BK was signed by XRay to run 1/8 very long.

I bet we see him wheeling a XRAY 4wd buggy next spring.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:15 PM
Tech Regular

Cheers to everyone who posted pictures/updates and to LiveRC for meaning I could watch the event from the UK

Does anyone have any pictures of the top guys cars chassis/without the shells? Thanks in advance

Oli
Old 08-21-2008, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brandon Rohde
That feature is coming soon. I was hoping to get that done before this race, but I just ran out of time to get it all done in time.
BRAVO then Brandon! That will definitely make RCLive and being a Bonus Lap Member even more worthwhile! Can't wait for that Feature...

KUDOS too on the camera angle switching during the A-Main runs! That was really cool!
Old 08-21-2008, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

I know the Xfactory cars have an issue some of the factory guys have talked about. With the forward motor in the 2wd the car doesn't respond as most cars do to brakes and throttle in flight. That doesn't mean on some tracks it won't be very good. Honestly I did not know XFactory was still around. That is cool!

But in any event, i'm sure with some time BK will be right back at the top. The competition is really tight, so I am not gonna go with the Radio shack cars, but with the same equipment and some more track time....lookout!

Looks like it was an awesome event!

...Jim
W.E.D.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

For all those who think that the X-Factory cars aren't good enough, here's some information for you:

Ellis Stafford has just won the 2wd UK National Championship with his X6, against some of the best competition in the world (Neil Cragg, Darren Bloomfield, Lee Martin). In 4wd going into the last meeting of the series it is between Ellis and Lee Martin for the title.

At the recent European Championships in Collegno, Italy, there were 2 X6's in the A main finishing 5th and 9th, not too bad considering the size of the team and the competition (7 of the drivers in the A had won a European/World Championship or made the Worlds A). Remember this is the track that is sooo slick that JConcepts/Yokomo Designed new cars for the 2005 Worlds.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

There is 2 good videos of the mains posted on Team Associated's website for those who were looking for some.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim
I know the Xfactory cars have an issue some of the factory guys have talked about. With the forward motor in the 2wd the car doesn't respond as most cars do to brakes and throttle in flight. That doesn't mean on some tracks it won't be very good. Honestly I did not know XFactory was still around. That is cool!

But in any event, i'm sure with some time BK will be right back at the top. The competition is really tight, so I am not gonna go with the Radio shack cars, but with the same equipment and some more track time....lookout!

Looks like it was an awesome event!

...Jim
W.E.D.

Radio Shack cars? The X-5 has a ROAR Mod 4WD Championship under its "belt" along with some other significant accomplishments across the big pond... it certainly is no Radio Shack car.

Originally Posted by Mike Marshall
There is 2 good videos of the mains posted on Team Associated's website for those who were looking for some.

Mike, I believe the two videos you are referring to posted on AE's site is of the Shootout back in June... Hot Rod was the same venue for the 2008 Mod Nats this past weekend.

Last edited by STEALTH; 08-22-2008 at 06:06 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.