Search

Hot Rod Hobbies -ROAR NATS

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 12:27 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott S.
Brandon,
Maybe I flew off the handle alittle bit with the "Always" comment but, you have to understand that as a paying customer I dont care about the behind the scenes problems, I care about the end product and how it gets to me, so you should have the backups ready incase of a problem. If I remember correctly I helped you roll stuff up at Cactus while you were working on your truck.I'm not trying to stir anything up here and am sorry how it came out the first time. I still subscribe to LiveRC becouse it is a great service when you cant be there,I was a little pissed it was down for 2hrs during the mains.

I hope things are better for the upcoming 1/8 worlds.
i am guessing that you not happy much....think of where you would be with out brandons efforts....reading about it in a mag 3 months later.....
Old 08-20-2008, 12:32 PM
Tech Initiate

hey there Brandon, i was really planning to be in the area for the nats (to watch only ) but i couldnt make it down, thanks so much for your hard work, it was awesome to have the races running at home via liverc!
Old 08-20-2008, 01:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

WOW!
500 photos and all of them top quality!
Nice work!
Favorites were starting grid and starts.
Air time was sweet too.
Close ups rule
Thanks
Old 08-20-2008, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

I'll be putting up 4-5 races probably next week, we shot five or so as material for use in a show we're developing, one of which will be fully produced and used as part of our pitch meetings. I'll put the fully produced segments online much later, as part of a viewer feedback survey which is part of our development research...but it won't take me long to cut the races we aren't going to use.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Scott S.
Brandon,
Maybe I flew off the handle alittle bit with the "Always" comment but, you have to understand that as a paying customer I dont care about the behind the scenes problems, I care about the end product and how it gets to me, so you should have the backups ready incase of a problem. If I remember correctly I helped you roll stuff up at Cactus while you were working on your truck.I'm not trying to stir anything up here and am sorry how it came out the first time. I still subscribe to LiveRC becouse it is a great service when you cant be there,I was a little pissed it was down for 2hrs during the mains.

I hope things are better for the upcoming 1/8 worlds.
The backups are in place, that's why we had a mirrored hard drive and were only down for about 75 minutes instead of the entire rest of the event. But to get a second server for every event, it just isn't financially possible. I am not making money at this despite what people may think, so I need to work within a budget. For worlds, there will be a second data server just as a backup along with multiple video servers... the worlds will have enough user support to make that possible. I always have and always will continue to try and improve the service as much as possible for both the industry and for the paying customer, but nothing happens over night. Each race brings with it new features and new obstacles. LiveRC is an optional subscription, and I very much appreciate that you are a bonus lap member and supporting it, but if you do not feel that you are getting what you pay for then there is always the option to cancel. I appreciate constructive criticism because that does help give me insight to your thoughts and ultimately improve the service, but lets just try to keep it more constructive and less rude.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

Brandon- Great reply- shows that you are a true professional...
I thought the broadcast was awesome and want to thank you for your efforts... see you in Minn at FHF R/c Xgames- can we broadcast that?
I can get you free entries, expenses and so forth... if interested please contact Mike Fisk ASAP here is his contact info
[email protected]

Thanks man,
Erik "notch" Johnson
Old 08-20-2008, 06:47 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
WOW!
500 photos and all of them top quality!
Nice work!
Favorites were starting grid and starts.
Air time was sweet too.
Close ups rule
Thanks

Thanks. I tried to get to the track for pictures as often as I could. I was running 3 classes myself so didn't have much time to cruise the pit's looking for good stuff.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

anybody tell me how brian kinwald looked-driving,i know he didnt make the a mains but saw he made couple b mains with sum stiff comp,just nice to see him back at the track and driving..
Old 08-20-2008, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

I am curious too, I'm sure he looked good, but all that time off has to have a big effect at that level!

I'm sure with some time BK will be strong again and a force at the races!

More pics?

...Jim
W.E.D.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

He looked a lot better than I remember him at his first race back at last year's Shootout. I think he could be doing a lot better, but something else is holding him back imho...
Old 08-20-2008, 11:28 PM
Suspended

Talking AE.......................IS THE KILLER OF ALL!

????????????????

Is it not TRUE that FULL FACTORY SPONSORED DRIVERS suppose to run modified only just a question!

Seem that a bunch of full factory ride guys and kid ran the classes these classes super stock classes that is! BRING IT!
Old 08-21-2008, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by killer89
I think he could be doing a lot better, but something else is holding him back imho...
Till we figure out what's holding him back why not just call it the X factor?

Last edited by dr_hfuhuhurr; 08-21-2008 at 06:55 AM.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losidriver70
????????????????

Is it not TRUE that FULL FACTORY SPONSORED DRIVERS suppose to run modified only just a question!

Seem that a bunch of full factory ride guys and kid ran the classes these classes super stock classes that is! BRING IT!
Nope, only rules is that once you win stock nationals you are forced into mod for the next 5 years or something like that. So baggers are always found in the stock and super stock classes.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:57 AM
Tech Regular

losidriver70,

Tubaboy is correct. If you win Stock at the Nationals, the new Roar Rule states that you cannot race the stock class for the next 5 years.

I hadn't raced electric but twice including the nats for 7 years. So I borrowed a couple cars, batteries, bought some tires, paid the entries and raced. $400 later I did end up winning Stock Truck and Stock Buggy. It was a very good race as Clint Watcher had buggy in the bag but bobbled on one of the last turns of the last lap. I took advantage and made the pass.

In any case it was extremely fun and I really enjoyed racing from a different view-point.

Back to nitro for now....... but looking forward to the Cactus Classic! Pro-Line's new tire should be hooked up out there.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
Till we figure out what's holding him back why not just call it the X factor?
yah thats what i was getting at with my original question just didnt
want tobe that blunt..:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.