R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 07-31-2008, 04:32 PM   #16
Tech Regular
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Love my J82 - was a great idea by JConcepts in my opinion and I doubt my T4 will be a truck again. Good luck with your racing and post an update on what you end up doing.
Catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:36 PM   #17
Tech Master

It'll depend entirely on whether or not I'm allowed to continue running the converted truck in the rookie/stock classes at the club level. If they say it's okay (they lump trucks and buggies together in 27t stock anyway), then I might just go ahead and do it. If they say I can't, then I guess I'll just have to wait until my skill level is high enough to tackle a "regular" 2wd buggy. I definitely do feel like I'm gravitating more towards buggies, the more I race, though.

Might not be a bad thing to have a truck and a buggy that I could drive in a couple different classes, ultimately.

When I bought my RTR T4, I had NO clue what I was getting myself into
Kevin Deselms
Associated Factory Team SC10
Webmaster, www.hotrodhobbies.com
kdeselms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 05:40 AM   #18
Tech Rookie

A little input from anotehr rookie. About 10 years ago I had a truck when I was 12 or so. I never raced then, but I had my own track in my yard. I bought a buggy last year and started racing this summer about 3 months now. I've got a b4, and the larning curve has been steep. I run a brushless setup(mamba 5700). I will admit the buggy was too fast for me. Still probably is. I have broken minimal parts on my buggy IMO. I have put that thing through so much trying to learn how to drive it fast. This last week I almost grabbed a podium spot in the B-main. I don't think that a buggy is too fragile for a beginner, but it is harder to drive. Having a jet engine powering it doesn't help much either. It's like my LHS owner said, "You can't learn to swim by dangling your feet in the water. You have to jump in to learn how. And in the meantime you deal witha few broken parts." Just give it a try and in time it will come. Good luck!
squeaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 05:14 PM   #19
Tech Adept
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My perspective is that trucks, buggies, truggies, 2wd vs 4wd, nitro vs electric, yada, yada are all fun and they all have their personalities. Enjoy the racing and comraderie at the track. If you want more track time it helps to have a couple cars. I race only a 1/10th electric truck and have been having a lot of fun, but I find myself itching to jump into the buggy action. Big races lasting an entire day or multiple days can get cumbersome when running only a single class.
TLR-22T, RB5/ZX5, DEX408
Spectrum DXR3R
bprocket is offline   Reply With Quote