R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Novak GTB running forward no reason! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/234278-novak-gtb-running-forward-no-reason.html)

metromadman 07-28-2008 02:11 AM

Novak GTB running forward no reason!

Hi, I just wired up my Novak GTB 7.5 to a spektrum SR3000rx and it runs forward for no reason.
When disconnected from the receiver it is fine. But as soon as I hook it up it takes off!
I've also tried another spektrum receiver that came with my DX3R and same problem.

I've tried binding the transmitter and I can overcome the forward drive by trimming the brakes all the way on. This gives me normal forward drive control but obviously isn't ideal. Also if I were to loose signal it would just take off. Very weird.

I've tried resetting the profiles as well as adjusting profiles to all the profiles with no luck.

I'm really stumped and Need help PLEASSEE!!! I hate not being able to fix it myself, especially as it's sitting in my just built B44 and am itching to run it.

MattWebb 07-28-2008 02:40 AM

Hmm. What happens if you plug a servo into that channel on the receiver?

(move the ESC to channel 1, or the aux batt plug on the receiver, or ideally use a battery box with 4 AA's if you have one, to power the receiver/servo.)

metromadman 07-28-2008 03:41 AM

same thing

Just tried swapping the plugs around and same thing, if I run the esc in the steering output it takes off as well. Will try the batt pack tomorrow when wife is off my back about bedtime!

Even tried using only the ESC plugged in by itself

metromadman 07-28-2008 03:44 AM

What really bugs me is that all the other functions seem to work fine. So it's not like it has had a major malfuction. It's like neutral has been set 25% into the forward drive.

jlfx car audio 07-28-2008 03:59 AM

the gtb in my turing car is doing the exact same thing all of the suddin i have reset the esc several times but withno luck i have just trimed it out with the radio i am running a M11 so i know it cant be the radio it dosnt do it with any other of my rc cars

metromadman 07-28-2008 04:16 AM

that sucks! I'm mostly worried about losing signal and the car shooting off into a kid or tree and exploding. I hope there is an answer out there. I'm going to try calling novak. Though being in Australia it'll be hard to stay up. Let me know if you find any fixes too.

Stallard 07-28-2008 05:22 AM

sounds like you just need to go through the one touch set up on the esc. Make sure you have the throttle end points set at 100% before you do it.

Steve Weiss 07-28-2008 07:56 AM

As mentioned I recommend performing the one-touch setup once again.

the Spektrum system seems to "reassign" the signal that it outputs from the transmitter ... thus the old settings that you had are probably the reason why you are seeing odd behavior.

metromadman 07-28-2008 02:31 PM

I'll give it another go resetting everything again.
I did reset my transmitter and tried the one touch
on the gtb before, but hopefully this time it will work.

Is there another way to reset the gtb than the one touch set up?

Also is there a reset on the spektrum receiver?

K_King 07-28-2008 03:42 PM

Id also try a new on off switch, as weird as that sounds it fixed an issue I had once.

metromadman 07-29-2008 04:06 AM

balanced out the forward drive now when connected to the transmitter. It was set to zero in the throw which was wrong for the gtb.

Only problem now is when I power down the transmitter it still shoots into drive. I ran out of time to keep tinkering tonight, the wife is sick of hearing the engine spool up! Seems like the settings for the failsafe mode is off in the receiver.

Back to the drawing board tomorrow.

More reading on how to lock the receiver into the new settings will help I guess.

Thanks for the help so far guys.

dski 07-29-2008 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by metromadman (Post 4684451)
Only problem now is when I power down the transmitter it still shoots into drive. I ran out of time to keep tinkering tonight, the wife is sick of hearing the engine spool up! Seems like the settings for the failsafe mode is off in the receiver.

More reading on how to lock the receiver into the new settings will help I guess.

Does sound like failsafe settings now. Rebind the DX3R and pay attention to the trigger settings while binding. The failsafe is settings are set by the trigger/wheel position while binding.