Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR 2008 Region 5 Electric Off-Road Championships

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 06:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Originally Posted by schmelme
I see the track/indoor pit opens at noon. Being that pitting inside is first come first serve just wanted to make sure the open time is set in stone. We are leaving in the weee hours of the a.m and want to be there as the doors open, any info. Thanks
Friday September 26 the doors will open at Noon and we will have the track open until 8:00PM, then we will run a race program from 8:00PM to Midnight. Saturday September 27 we will open the doors at 7:00AM, at 8:00AM we will start the sign in and at 9:00AM we will start racing. Sunday September 28 will be used if needed with the same schedule as Saturday.

We want to be able to determine if Sunday is needed by the pre-entry deadline of September 13th and announce it so everyone can make plans if Sunday is going to be needed. Right now only a small portion of the people that have told me they were coming have sent in their entry forms. The more people that pre-register the better we will be able to plan for the event. So I encourage everyone who plans on attending to get those entry forms in as soon as possible. Thanks everyone and we look forward to seeing you all next month.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Friday program is gonna be a blast!
Old 08-24-2008, 05:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

J-P is coming from NC? Hope he runs masters , maybe i can beat him for once.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Ez ups

Guys there is a beautiful lake this track sets on. Bring your canopy and enjoy the view.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:10 PM
Tech Regular

hey j-p i havent had a canopy for years , havent done any outdoor races for quite a while. around here outdoor electric offroad just doesnt exist. but i do have a card table for some charging duties and tools one car at a time. and i have plenty of drop cords but no power supply for outdoor. ie no generator.

Last edited by kstarr; 08-26-2008 at 07:38 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by uncle everett
Guys there is a beautiful lake this track sets on. Bring your canopy and enjoy the view.

Any bass,bluegills in that lake i'll bring some light tackle along just in case
Old 08-26-2008, 07:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by schmelme
Any bass,bluegills in that lake i'll bring some light tackle along just in case
Yes plenty of pan fish, bass, and other fish in it. Plus some 70+ MPH nitro boats, there is an IMPBA group that races their boats on the lake twice a week.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:14 PM
Tech Regular

i dont own a generator. but i have plenty of drop cords in case i have to pit outside. will i have someplace to plug in?
Old 08-27-2008, 09:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kstarr
i dont own a generator. but i have plenty of drop cords in case i have to pit outside. will i have someplace to plug in?
I would guess there should be an empty plug on one of the generators we can find if needed. Most of the guys in the area are pretty laid back and are more than happy to help out. Just got to ask is all.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:36 PM
Tech Regular

Not sure if we can make it, and if we do it wouldn't be until Saturday morning, but I had a couple of questions.
I see all pre-registries are due by 9-13. Does this mean there is a late fee?
Will there be practice from 7am-9am before qualifying starts on Saturday for racers that couldn't make it on Friday?
And last, what type of tires do you recommend for the track?
Thanks in advance and hope we can make it!
Old 08-28-2008, 02:45 PM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Got reservations at the local motel. A buddy and I will be there Fri. night for the club race and Sat. for the regionals.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dakotah97
Not sure if we can make it, and if we do it wouldn't be until Saturday morning, but I had a couple of questions.
I see all pre-registries are due by 9-13. Does this mean there is a late fee?
Will there be practice from 7am-9am before qualifying starts on Saturday for racers that couldn't make it on Friday?
And last, what type of tires do you recommend for the track?
Thanks in advance and hope we can make it!
Hey Dakotah, no there will not be any late fees. We are just hoping to get as many people registered as possible as early as possible. Right now I think only about 10% of everyone who has told me they are coming are registered. Without the pre-registration it just makes it hard to determine how many trophies are needed, how many heats will be run, if we will need to race Sunday to, etc. Right now its looking like we are going to be crazy busy with registration on Friday and Saturday morning. If you cant make it out Friday and you show up Saturday morning, once we get a good amount of water on the track we will open it up for practice for at least an hour. So yes you can get some track time prior to the race. As for tires, our track surface is a hard pack 80% clay 20% sand mix. It holds water real well, and we blow off the dust between each race. Our national level racers love the surface. Tires of choice vary. For front tires, directional ribs and Panther Super Soft seem to work best. For rears, Holeshots, Goosebumps, IFMAR Pins, and Panther Clay or Soft's work also. On my buggy with a Novak 7.5 and Lipo I use Panther Super Softs on front and Goosebumps on the rear and love the traction. On my truck I run a Novak 6.5 with Lipo and I use Panther Super Soft on the front and Goosebumps on the rear. But I also hear the Holeshots work great to. I have a set I will try out this weekend to see if they are better than the Goosebumps for me. I would say your safe with any combination of those tires though.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dasupacat1
Got reservations at the local motel. A buddy and I will be there Fri. night for the club race and Sat. for the regionals.
Glad to hear that! Friday nights are a "casual" race program. Lots of fast guys who want to mess around and try new setups and just have fun. Not to serious, but loads of fun. Bumping and punting is not only allowed, its encouraged! Just kidding, its just a fun night where everyone can let loose and have a blast. Look forward to seeing you out!
Old 08-30-2008, 08:49 AM
Tech Regular

Thank You!!
Old 08-30-2008, 04:27 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dakotah97
Thank You!!
By the way, congratulations on the big ROAR win. Way to represent us Michigan boys! So how does that National Champion title feel on ya?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.