Old 08-06-2008, 09:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Originally Posted by kstarr
how about a link for directions to the track. and or website
You got it.

Presented by: Fatal Impact Racing Club
http://www.fatalimpactracing.com

Hosted by: Battle Front Gaming and R/C, 2605 Sanford Ave SW Grandville, MI 49418
http://www.battlefrontgaming.com

Mapquest for Track Location:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Gr...&zipcode=49418
Old 08-07-2008, 12:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Really would like to come and defend my mod truck title, its only like 3 hrs from me. Big problem being its basically a one day show. Peeps gotta work on Fridays.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:03 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by aeRayls
Really would like to come and defend my mod truck title, its only like 3 hrs from me. Big problem being its basically a one day show. Peeps gotta work on Fridays.
Race is Saturday September 27 and 28 if needed. Friday we will be at the track until midnight and the hotel is less than 1 mile away for $32+ tax per night. Easy to make it up after work, come out to the track for a bit and get a good nights sleep so you can race first thing Saturday morning.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Unfortunately I am a 2nd shifter, work ends at midnight.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

You'll be at the track til midnight? Does the outdoor track have lights?
Old 08-07-2008, 09:22 AM
Tech Regular

Unfortunately I am a 2nd shifter, work ends at midnight.
You sound like your coming down with a cold in September, might be a good day to call in.

Yes we have lights at the track, we run till midnight every Friday.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

In a position right now that I cant call in.

IF you got lights couldnt you start later

Based on the last 3 Region 5 races 100 entries would be fantastic. I think we always had stock on sat and mod on sun.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

DP
Old 08-07-2008, 12:15 PM
Tech Regular

In a position right now that I cant call in.

IF you got lights couldnt you start later

Based on the last 3 Region 5 races 100 entries would be fantastic. I think we always had stock on sat and mod on sun.
With the amount of interest we are already getting, if we have less than 100 people there I will be disapointed. Yes the last two years they ran stock one day and mod the next. We would like to "try" to have the event done in one day if we can, but in case we cant, we will run qualifying one day and mains the next or something along those lines. Once we get closer to September we should have a good idea of how many people are signed up and how the event will have to run.

Last night alone we had 40 entries at our track for Wednesday night club racing. People are already starting to come out and practice for this event. Those 40 were from about a 50 mile radius from the track, I expect to see about that same number each week practicing until its race day. Like I said, anything less than 100 people will be a disapointment to me. I bet we can get 60+ just from the West Michigan area, and close to 100 if we include East Michigan, Detroit side.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

You guys in MI got it made. Plenty of racers around there. I cant think of 40 people that race electric in IN anymore.

Its just really hard for others in the region to make a race that starts at 9 am and with no practice.

I couldnt persuade you to say start at 2 pm on sat 3 quals. 9 am sun 1 qual and mains.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:44 PM
Tech Regular

You guys in MI got it made. Plenty of racers around there. I cant think of 40 people that race electric in IN anymore.

Its just really hard for others in the region to make a race that starts at 9 am and with no practice.

I couldnt persuade you to say start at 2 pm on sat 3 quals. 9 am sun 1 qual and mains.
Cant say for sure, we can see how many people sign up and if anyone expresses the same interest in starting later in the day. Right now I keep hearing people say they will be in town Friday afternoon or evening. I think those people will want to be done racing by Saturday night so they can go home if we can manage it. For now we have to stay with what we have planned. Stay tuned though, if anything changes we will let you know.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:48 AM
Tech Regular

Default Topics for discussion

Hi Everyone,

I have had several people asking questions about different classes and exhibitions for this ROAR event. I spoke with ROAR about the questions I was asked and now I need to present this to everyone else to discuss. First I will make this disclaimer:

THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE FOR DISCUSSION PURPOSES ONLY, NO PLANS ARE BEING MADE TO CHANGE THE ROAR EVENT IN ANY WAY AT THIS TIME. THE PURPOSE OF THIS IS TO DETERMINE IF THERE IS ENOUGH INTEREST TO DISCUSS THIS FURTHER.

Topic 1: I was asked IF we have enough entries to support a masters class could we run one? The answer is yes ROAR has no problem with running a masters class if there are enough participants. Now the question to you, how many of you would want to run in a masters class?

Topic 2: I was asked several times if we could run an exhibition 1/8 scale electric 4WD buggy class? The answer is yes ROAR will allow this class if there is enough entries for it. I would also like to mention this can only be done if there are not a huge number of entries in the other classes. We need to be time sensitive. If we were to allow this exhibition class to run how many people would want to participate in it?

Please give your input on these topics and let me know if it is worth even considering either of these ideas. Thanks for your input.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Old 08-10-2008, 08:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you don't have a Roar membership. What is the one race deal fee?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.