Wiki Posts
Search

Trains and Lanes Dirt Bowl July 26 &27

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 08:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Trains and Lanes Dirt Bowl July 26 &27

Ok guys I know its short notice but Trains and Lanes Hobbies in Easton, PA is having an offroad race weekend with electric 10th scale Mod Buggy, Truck, and hopefully 4WD(pending turnout) on Saturday(26) and Gas Truck, 1/8 Buggy and Truggy on Sunday(27). The track has changed drastically over the past few weeks due to a change in preparation. It is smooth and has tons of grip for 2wd. If you have ever run offroad at Trains before, please ignore any memories of the old surface as it is now one of the smoother tracks in the Northeast. The entry fee is $30 per class, HOWEVER, 10 entries per class or more will pay $100 to win. Some good tires to bring are M3 Holeshots, M3 inside jobs, Red X-2000, Red X-3000, Red BK Bars, Supersoft Panther Switches, Green JC Double Dees, probably Bar Codes as well. There are AC hookups for everyone, bring your EZ up's, tables, chairs, and extension cords. Practice from 6:30 to 10:30, signins from 10 to 10:45, racing at 11. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

The two days are separate events, you do not have to attend saturday to race sunday or the other way around.

The shop phone number is 610-253-8850 and the address is 3825 Northwood Ave, Easton PA 18045
sometimes mapquest gives bad directions, bring the phone number in case

Chris
Old 07-24-2008, 08:42 PM
Tech Addict

Glad to see positive changes being made there. Ive never been there only have heard stuff. Unfortunately I cant make it this weekend but hopefully soon. Keep us posted on the next big race there and Ill try to make it and get other people as well. Got any pics of the track you can post?
Old 07-24-2008, 08:47 PM
Tech Adept

No pics since the work was done. I'll get some this weekend and have them posted on the site. You can check out the original layout however the surface is much better now at www.trainsandlanesoffroad.com The only thing people have a problem with is the shape of the track in relation to the drivers stand. It throws people off at first because the track is triangular.

We should be having another big race before the end of the season if this one goes well.

Chris
Old 07-25-2008, 05:23 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Nice to see the race on Tech. I need to work on my mod car tonight but will at T&L early in the morning.