Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is your racing weakness.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 04:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default What is your racing weakness.....

Like the title say's what are your r/c racing weaknesses ?

I find mine to be learning new layouts when i travel or at home at first (takes me alittle longer) and patience some times...

glewin' tie-errs'
Old 07-23-2008, 04:32 PM
Tech Master

Being a rookie, I guess I have many - but the biggest one I'm working on is trying to avoid the impulse to "make up" lost time due to turning my truck over, or waiting forever for a turn marshal to get to it. I get that urge to hammer the throttle because of the time I've lost...I have to remind myself to get back to racing smoothly and that "slower is faster," rather than gunning it and getting myself bent even further out of shape. That and downsiding jumps are the two biggies I'm currently working on improving.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:35 PM
Tech Addict

My biggest weakness is driving to hard when it isn't necessary. My style is pretty agressive and when I can tone it down to 90% it's a thing of beauty. But I to often push to hard and overdrive especially with an early mistake in a race!

Good Topic!
Old 07-23-2008, 04:44 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I would say mine is worrying about where others are on the track. I end up trying to hard if someone starts catching up.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My main issue right now is worrying about what others are doing on the track instead of just running my own race and focusing. This is big and I feel it affects people more than they think.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:52 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kdeselms
I have to remind myself to get back to racing smoothly and that "slower is faster," rather than gunning it and getting myself bent even further out of shape. That and downsiding jumps are the two biggies I'm currently working on improving.
I'm having the same problem. And most of the time I tend to OVER-JUMP a jump
and make silly mistakes, truly butchering my lap times.
I'm getting better all the time and learning from these silly mistakes that could
have been prevented.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:01 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Getting pissed off easily by myself or others.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:04 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

For some reason even though I have 20/20 vision I have problems with tracks that have a lot of elevation change to them. I can't tell exactly how close my buggy/truggy is to the pipes. It takes me quite some time to get the back stretches of the track down as good as the near side.

My depth perception is really screwy at times. I will think I have a foot of clearance and then I will hit the pipe.

Fortunately I can keep my cool pretty well on a driver's stand during a race. I try to run at the same pace during the whole race and not let lap traffic or people trying to run me over affect how I drive. If someone is pushing real hard all the time they WILL make mistakes. That's when driving consistently pays off. Like previous people have said "slower is faster". When you stay TOTALLY in control of your vehicle on the track and you feel like your going slow is when the computer will show that your really turning low lap times in reality.

I guess it's just like anything else. It's basically all in your head......
Old 07-23-2008, 05:21 PM
Tech Regular

Age and all the problems that come with it

But seriously my biggest weakness is that I tend to not drive aggresivly enough sometimes. I will get in a groove and find myself not pushing the car enough.

My second weakness would be setup, I am anal about my car maintance and prepping my car and it will almost always be fast from the get go, then I will tend to not work any further on setup.

All in all though my +s out weigh my -s.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stallard
Age and all the problems that come with it

But seriously my biggest weakness is that I tend to not drive aggresivly enough sometimes. I will get in a groove and find myself not pushing the car enough.

My second weakness would be setup, I am anal about my car maintance and prepping my car and it will almost always be fast from the get go, then I will tend to not work any further on setup.

All in all though my +s out weigh my -s.
These are great points. I am slowly learning to get over never touching my set-up lately as well. I also know that "off the pace" groove your talking about.

I am pretty good at starts though. It's my favorite part of the race.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stallard
Me too! Especially if I get in second or third place and the leaders waaay ahead and the rest of the pack waay behind, I'll just start cruising knowing I won't catch up. Before I know it, the rest of the pack has caught up, damn!

Sometimes, slow is slower!
Old 07-23-2008, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

I think my weaknesses are over jumping the jumps and driving a little to conservative. I usually wait for the car in front of me to mess up instead of trying to forcing the pass even if they are slower.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:58 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

staying interested and keepin it fun.

R
Old 07-23-2008, 06:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (99%+)
Smile

I'd have to say my biggest weakness is weekly maintenance. I'm more of the if it ain't broke don't fix it. This is mainly due to the fact that I get almost no time through the week when I can work on my vehicles. I wish I had time to do it. I enjoy wrenching on them but only if I get to take my time and be left alone. This almost never happens.

It's a close tie with my driving. I have a habit of letting what others are doing on the track affect how I drive. I have been working hard on fixing that problem. Stallard can confirm that.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I think my weakness is not making tight turns. Like I am usually a couple feet off the pipe and that is where I lose ground. But when I try to get a few inches off the pipe I usually hit it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.