Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T3 still competitive?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

can still run with the t4 and losi's trucks. we had 1 race and make top 3 every week 2 years ago. he beat others driving newwer trucks. it might be a little slower lap time wise but in a course of a race 1 bobble and that "advantage" is probably gone. i would just work on your driving and set up skills to the point where you are keeping up before i would think about spending more money on a new truck. meaning week in and out you are staying within a half a lap of the winners or guys you consider good.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I went back to an RC10T for shits n giggles and raced it at a big race meeting here, and won. Apparently that's impossible since even a T3 is outdated. I usually run a T3. Nothing wrong with the old stuff just have to get it set up right..
Old 07-23-2008, 10:20 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I get kind of irritated when people say stuff like "its still fine at the club level"--I am talking about any old car not just the T3. I don't know where you guys race but at our track we have some seriously good racers who could run with success at any track in the country (not including myself!!),
How many national a-main finalists? That will say a lot about how competitive they really are. If your running club races full of guys who make the show nationally we're talking about something entirely different here.

Yeah..T4 is a better platform than the T3, without a doubt, but if your not in it to win it there is no reason to force the upgrade. Want to have fun, want to just go race? Perfect. Want to win every race or take it to national race? Upgrade to the best machine possible, it can only increase your chances of winning.

Regular shmoe who doesn't care if he gets 1st or 8th ....it's fine. Otherwise he wouldn't be asking. If you really care about winning the question doesn't need to be asked in a online forum because you've already got top of the line everything.

Run it....if it's junk, replace it.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:11 AM
Team Tekin

I bash the hell out of my T3's (2) and they still run great! Very reliable truck, the first one was a T3 Team kit from 98' if I remember right. Got it as a B-day present from the parents, built it in two days on spring break and I still have it!
Old 07-24-2008, 10:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was racing a guy last night that was running an RC10T and he was competitive. He smoked me in my RC10T4 FT. That is probably because I suck right now but he was still hanging up there with the bug guys.