Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Another 1/10 indoor offroad track in SoCal! >

Another 1/10 indoor offroad track in SoCal!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another 1/10 indoor offroad track in SoCal!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 12:47 AM
Tech Regular

ohhhh man besides r/c and track bikes my third favorite hobby is raking water.......i'm getting pretty good at it too. just gotta go really fast
Old 08-06-2008, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

What's the latest? On the track, not raking water...
Old 08-06-2008, 04:34 PM
gfx
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JeromeK99
You have 2 choices if you live in the LA area... OCRC in Huntington Beach.. or out to Hot Rod near Santa Clarita in Saugus.. That's a whole lot of real estate in between....
That's a very good point.

Having lived in a few locations along the 405 Freeway, I'd can say that the area around El Segundo/Marina Del Rey could really use a track. An indoor/off-road track would be preferable.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:10 PM
Tech Elite

hello

hello

hello...
Old 08-14-2008, 06:12 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by stitchy
hello

hello

hello...
Are you, or have you ever, added anything of consequence or subtance to these boards ------ or do you just hang around for the comedy or troublemaking aspect and opportunities?
Old 08-14-2008, 09:35 AM
Tech Adept

I think has been watching those Metro PCS commercials all day. Stitchy definitely does add color to this board. I think you are being a little harsh on the guy since I don't see how saying hello three times can be considered troublemaking.

Last edited by thisguy80; 08-14-2008 at 10:22 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by haulin79
1. Clean facilities attract organized-minded people.

2. Organized people tend to make more money than disorganized people.

3. Clean facilities that attract people that make good money will make more money than if they attracted broke people.

Just as an observation: The peoples' jobs that I have met thus far at OCRC:
1. Biomechanical Engineer (me) - RC18
2. Electrical Engineer - BJ4 and B44
3. Mechanical Engineer - XX4
This is annoying to me, I am an engineer as well... one of the most disorganized people at that track. My wife dictates my spending, not what economic bracket I fall in. If broke people are spending money they don't have to play with toy cars, that is blind passion. Pit me next to some disorganized broke racer, rather than some socially stunted engineer type that finds a relationship between organizational skills and income. BTW, was this a shameless plug to show off your career aspirations, you met yourself (the bio engineer) at the track? I can see what point you are trying to make, however, it was done in an awkward and careless manner and I am calling it out!!! It is a given that a facility needs to be clean, but were you tactful or considerate in how you expressed your need for a clean facility? Bottom line: a clean track will make more money because it will attract more people, regardless of their socio-economic background.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:07 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by downtempo
This is annoying to me, I am an engineer as well... one of the most disorganized people at that track. My wife dictates my spending, not what economic bracket I fall in. If broke people are spending money they don't have to play with toy cars, that is blind passion. Pit me next to some disorganized broke racer, rather than some socially stunted engineer type that finds a relationship between organizational skills and income. BTW, was this a shameless plug to show off your career aspirations, you met yourself (the bio engineer) at the track? I can see what point you are trying to make, however, it was done in an awkward and careless manner and I am calling it out!!! It is a given that a facility needs to be clean, but were you tactful or considerate in how you expressed your need for a clean facility? Bottom line: a clean track will make more money because it will attract more people, regardless of their socio-economic background.

Oooooo, well said.
And isn't one of those RC18s the kind of car a kid can afford on allowance money?
Old 08-14-2008, 11:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by thisguy80
I think has been watching those Metro PCS commercials all day. Stitchy definitely does add color to this board. I think you are being a little harsh on the guy since I don't see how saying hello three times can be considered troublemaking.
haha I didn't even think of that. I was going for echo since it's been awhile since we've heard from "sponsorthis." I wanted to see if there was any update.

Originally Posted by szakcajaru
Are you, or have you ever, added anything of consequence or subtance to these boards ------ or do you just hang around for the comedy or troublemaking aspect and opportunities?
Man, who pissed in your Metamucil this morning? I didn't know this was Wikipedia.

I'mma do the things that I wanna do. I ain't got a thing to prove to you.

Originally Posted by szakcajaru
Oooooo, well said. And I don't think haulin's cheap little RC18 puts him in any upper-spending class either.
Why'd you change your initial post?
Old 08-15-2008, 12:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Let this thread DIE. Nothing is going to happen. This was a pipe dream and a waste of RC tech space. Sponsor This has no idea what he is doing.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:37 PM
Tech Regular

szakcajaru,
Let's put this all into perspective, WE ARE ALL DRIVING TOYS HERE! Whether it be a $150 RC18 or a $1500 B44 setup, all toys.

Are you putting down kids that have allowances?
1. I am a kid (when at the track)
2. I have an allowance (it's called a salary from an employer)
3. most importantly, I have fun, maybe just as much fun as a guy that runs a $1500 B44 setup.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:47 PM
Tech Regular

downtempo,

You, annoyed? wow...Engineers can get so serious about their toy cars. I'm sure I'll see you around at OCRC, I'll be the guy having fun . And you might be the guy being annoyed, hopefully not, we are all there to have fun afterall. I'm sure you are a great guy but just had a bad day at the engineering lab when you wrote that post.

I am not Mr. Social, so I have only met three people at OCRC thus far:
1. A guy that makes $8 million in a bad year (he is VERY ORGANIZED).

So if I meet those three people described above that make 6 to 7 figures, I just assume that if I met a fourth person at OCRC, he might be of that similar socio-economic background too.

And no, I do not aspire to be a bioengineer because I am one already. In addition, bioengineers max out at only $200k/yr, so that's the career path I'm stuck with for now. Its about time for me to find an additional career path.

I admit it, I made a mistake when writing the post you refer to. I wrote this in 07-30-2008 adressing my mistake:
Originally Posted by haulin79
You are right, haha! I didn't even think about that.

I should have said:
Just as an observation: The peoples' jobs that OCRC has attracted:
1. Biomechanical Engineer (me) - RC18
Old 08-15-2008, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lbckevin
Let this thread DIE. Nothing is going to happen. This was a pipe dream and a waste of RC tech space. Sponsor This has no idea what he is doing.

Yeah, it's kinda weird, last I heard from Sponsor This on this thread is that he/she went out to look for several spaces where this track would be possible... Nothing after that. Perhaps some finance calculations revealed that it was not as "profitable" as he/she was led to believe.

As RB has stated, he's not doing it for profit (which points to that he is doing this out of passion for the hobby). I remember way back when RB or one of his associates came onto the rc10b4.com forum saying that another track was going to happen. Few months later, there's a domain with pictures of the progress... Few months later, it opened!

Whether or not this track is going to open, I'm happy with OCRC as it is. It's a great track with good people (although a couple of the children there annoys me, but they're children )

They have a clean facility, a good size track, and excellent air conditioner (ever stand on the track to turn marshal in front of the blower on a hot day? feels greaaaaaaaaaaat!)

The only thing that is a mystery to me is, what is that loud noise coming from underneath the driver stand every once in a while? It's a loud sound!

Old 08-15-2008, 03:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

"The only thing that is a mystery to me is, what is that loud noise coming from underneath the driver stand every once in a while? It's a loud sound
"
Robert had his carpenter building lockers underneath the drivers stand. He is always improving the facility.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

Kind of what happens when you go out with nothing but a dream and then get confronted by reality...I have a feeling the original poster got their fill of the feedback and realized what they were getting themselves into, then ran for the hills.

Should put the money into rescuing Sun Valley Speedway, if he was just dying to spend money on a facility!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.