R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   What's up with MaxAmps.com??? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/232660-whats-up-maxamps-com.html)

tekcor1 07-17-2008 10:25 PM

What's up with MaxAmps.com???

So I've seen a few threads with people complaining about various vendors, so I thought I'd start one of my own about MaxAmps.com

I have four 3s MaxAmps lipo batteries that I bought used. Right after I bought them, I found this thread stating that MaxAmps used to give people t-shirts for posting a positive review on a forum. I'm not sure if they still do this or not, and honestly was pretty put off by this advertising tactic and wondered if everything I had read was BS from people looking for free t-shirts, and maybe the MaxAmps batteries weren't as great as people made them out to be.

When I received them, three of the four batteries had the wires coming out the side rather than the middle of the pack, and wouldn't work in our cars as they were. I e-mailed MaxAmps to find out how much it would cost to have them repacked the way I needed them. I also asked what kind of turn around time I should expect. Alex from MaxAmps e-mailed me back and said they would do it for free, I just had to pay shipping. He said turn around time would be about three days. What?!? Who heard of a company doing something for free? I was shocked, but rushed to get them in the mail before he changed his mind!

A few days after I mailed them, my wife took a message from Alex from MaxAmps asking me to call him. I assumed this would be the "extra fees" call now that he had the batteries in hand. I called him back, and it turns out he was calling because they had a staffing shortage and it was going to take an extra day or two to repack my batteries and he just wanted to keep me updated. Are you kidding me? You're doing it for free, and personally calling me with updates because it's being delayed by a day or two?!?

I don't know if MaxAmps is still doing their free t-shirt promo, but if they are, I really really don't want one. I don't want anyone saying that I'm writing this glowing review of MaxAmps on anything other than their rediculously fantastic customer service. My repacked batteries showed up looking brand spanking new and working great!

I'll be buying some 3s lipos in the near future, and will be ordering directly from them. They've secured my business for a long time to come, and I'll be singing their praises to anyone that will listen.

Congratulations MaxAmps on great batteries and even better customer service!

Jason Pelletier 07-17-2008 10:31 PM

S,M, Or L Bro ! :batman:

agressive1 07-18-2008 02:49 AM

Totally agree.

My shrink wrap on my batteries had the slightest opening, Messaged Alex and we just exchanged a few words as i had asked him if it was dangerous bla bla bla.

I sent him a picture for proof he didnt ask me for a picture or anything i just wanted to do it to i can show him that im not a cheap prick.

Alex replied "Dean, the shrink wrap will be in the mail sent of today". As simple as that only took 2-3 emails and he sent me out new shrink wrap for my saddle packs.

Great customer service. I want my t-shirt hahaha.

tekcor1 07-18-2008 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by RB FIVE (Post 4648788)
S,M, Or L Bro ! :batman:

This fatazz takes a 4xl! I don't think they carry my size. :ha:

glassdoctor 07-18-2008 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by tekcor1 (Post 4649213)
This fatazz takes a 4xl! I don't think they carry my size. :ha:

:lol::lol::lol:

maxamps are "good people"

mattnin 07-18-2008 06:53 AM

I actually received a happy holidays card from them a couple years ago! It was signed by Austin himself and said, "Please don't keep us a secret" or something like that. And he sent me a fake $1000 bill too, or was it $100, I forget.

Yea, I love maxamps.

mkiiina 07-18-2008 09:23 AM

good customer service = ftw. i am looking at taking the Lipo plunge soon and it looks like maxamps would be a good company to earn my business!