R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 08-22-2003, 08:47 PM   #1
Tech Master
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
Send a message via AIM to corvettecrazy
Default ques. from my runs today

well I ran my nitro MT again today and I have a few questions:

1 if going from WOT to full brake should it stall??? what is the fix?

2 I held the truck off the ground and reved it up but the front right wheel barely moved...whats wrong? the drive shaft was in and it seemed allright. that side of the diff seems a little more wiggly than the other but idk what the problem is.

3 when you do the spit test and the drop of spit just balls up and rolls off the engine what temp is it?

4 why is the RC hobby so )(&@$()*()*#^*#@&()&%()#&$()& expensive???

thanks in advance
corvettecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 10:00 AM   #2
Tech Elite

1) Most likely a problem with your linkage settings at neutral. When you pull back on the brake you are closing the throttle opening as well. You need to make sure the collars and springs are adjusted so the card cannot close any more beyond your setting when the servo is at neutral. Also possible is a clutch that is dragging very badly at neutral (i.e the car won't stand still when the brake is just disengaged). Also possible is your idle setting is too low.

2) Check that the front diff will turn normally if you rotate the wheel by hand. If so, the diff itself and driveshaft won't be faulty, and it will be a problem with a binding bearing or wheel. If the diff won't turn, it could be diff damage or a damaged driveshaft.

3) Too hot for long engine life.

4) Fun don't come cheap!
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 08:08 PM   #3
Tech Regular

3) Ideally the spit should sizzle for at least 8-10(approx.) seconds before evaporating at the very least... Like sosidge said, the fact that it just dances oof the head means that the engine is WAY too hot!

4) Name a hobby that isn't expensive to the enthusiasts who participate in it regularly... A friend of mine went from racing R/C cars, to racing Go Carts (Motorcycle engined, 6-speed carts)... Now which hobby is cheaper?

Seriously, if you are just beginning, give it some time... As you learn, I think you will come to appreciate and enjoy the hobby more. If after a while, you still seem frustrated, or you still feel that you are not getting what you thought you might out of the hobby, You might want to consider another hobby. That's what happened to my friend. After years of running R/C, he needed the thrill that racing a REAL car gave him... Of course, it doesn't bother him that he's spending more than 10 times as much racing carts now.
TurnNBurn is offline   Reply With Quote