Wiki Posts
Search

xxx-t pushing???

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 06:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default xxx-t pushing???

I am having trouble with my xxx-t pusing hard in the corners. I have tried different springs, adjusting the springs, shifting the battery to the front and moving the shocks from the #1 hole to #2 hole all around. Are there any other things I can try. Pretty new to off road. Track has a few "S" turns
in it and it is going vry wide.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Post your complete setup here as well as the track dirt type and tire used.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Pushing the battery to the front won't increase your steering. Move it back and you'll get more steering. Think of it this way. If you are pushing a grocery cart with a couple 12 packs of soda, it is easier to steer if the soda is in the back of the cart.
Old 07-05-2008, 11:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Tires all the way...

Throw some softer tires on the front, or harder tires on the back.
Old 07-05-2008, 11:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mattnin
Pushing the battery to the front won't increase your steering. Move it back and you'll get more steering. Think of it this way. If you are pushing a grocery cart with a couple 12 packs of soda, it is easier to steer if the soda is in the back of the cart.
Thats in correct because moving the weight back will increase the grip of the rear, which means it will push more overall.

Your analogy doesnt fit RC cars because no tires on an RC car can spin 360 degrees or pivot that fast.

Moving the battery forward would increase steering, but I doubt that is the issue.
Old 07-06-2008, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

its a losi , it pushes like a dump truck any way..LOL. nah just kidding. as mentioned before its probally a tire issue, but you could just have your front end set up too hard to get good steering out of it, also camber has a lot to do with it. try a camber link set-up that allows more contact patch while you get chassis roll in the corners. That is where I would start instead of moving the battery around. Doing all that weight jostling can cause some poor flight charicteristics.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:24 AM
Suspended

We're not racing grocery carts, and though you might be the local Pick-n-Save or Saves-a-Lot or Albertson's champion your suggestion is just making you look foolish on an RC forum.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:30 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by ghj1997
I am having trouble with my xxx-t pusing hard in the corners. I have tried different springs, adjusting the springs, shifting the battery to the front and moving the shocks from the #1 hole to #2 hole all around. Are there any other things I can try. Pretty new to off road. Track has a few "S" turns in it and it is going vry wide.
As K_King mentioned ~ "Post your complete setup here as well as the track dirt type and tire used."

So much goes into a proper set-up ~ from tires, to shocks (including springs and oil weights being used, and mounting points), to camber and caster and toe-in/out setting, to battery placement, to ride height. A lot of things.

Anyone knowledgeable is going to need a lot more information to help you out, as well as you staying online or checking in more often the once a day for replies ~ while the inexperienced posters and internet-experts are going to come up with all sorts of off-the-wall mumbo-jumbo based off the little bit of info you provided.

Also, keep in mind that 2wd trucks and buggies have some inherent push designed into them. The reason is that with the majority of the weight in the rear half of the vehicle and the physics of the platform is that they want to swap ends very easily.
That being said, 2wd racing takes a bit of an educated finger to navigate them like a pro - so if you're heavy on the throttle too much of the time you'll always find them pushing like a plowhorse.

Last edited by theDr; 07-06-2008 at 07:41 AM.
Old 07-06-2008, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Tires are always the first thing to change. After you have tires that work, the other changes should be only tweaks.

However having run Losi and AE both for years, Losi will always push some.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

i heard something like this on a horizon hobby video.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by triggerman101
i heard something like this on a horizon hobby video.
......................................__.......... ......................................
.............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,................................... .......
.......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
...............,-*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllll..................................
.............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll............................. ...
..............lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,...........................
...............lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
................llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-..*`*;..)..........................
.................,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/...................
................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*....................
................|.../.../.../.*`..............................)....)¯`~,....... ...........
................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---........../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../....................
................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|......................
...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,...................
......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..................
Old 07-07-2008, 05:17 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Bigshades
......................................__.......... ......................................
.............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,................................... .......
.......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
...............,-*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllll..................................
.............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll............................. ...
..............lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,...........................
...............lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
................llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-..*`*;..)..........................
.................,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/...................
................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*....................
................|.../.../.../.*`..............................)....)¯`~,....... ...........
................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---........../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../....................
................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|......................
...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,...................
......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..................

+1
Old 07-07-2008, 07:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by theDr
+1
+2 for 2
i was simply posting where i heard it. not saying that i beleaved it.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=NyMK-HRuMmE
Old 07-07-2008, 07:59 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by triggerman101
+2 for 2
i was simply posting where i heard it. not saying that i beleaved it.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=NyMK-HRuMmE
Not the same thing, listen to the video turtorial again. There's a difference between on-power and on-braking steering.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by theDr
Not the same thing, listen to the video turtorial again. There's a difference between on-power and on-braking steering.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.