Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Novak GTB - All LED's on???? >

Novak GTB - All LED's on????

Novak GTB - All LED's on????

Old 07-09-2008, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default Novak GTB - All LED's on????

I turn on my GTB and all the LED's turn on and the GTB doesn't respond. Reciever checks out, Servo even moves and responds perfectly. But I get nothing from my motor or ESC. I checked the manual, any ideas???
Old 07-09-2008, 08:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Is this the first time using this speed control? Send a pm to Charlie from Novak he will take care of the problem. Did you set the control up for your max throttle and brake?

Dynodan22
Old 07-09-2008, 10:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racerx336
I turn on my GTB and all the LED's turn on and the GTB doesn't respond. Reciever checks out, Servo even moves and responds perfectly. But I get nothing from my motor or ESC. I checked the manual, any ideas???
What motor are you using? Unsolder any motor leads and make sure you are on the correct mode.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:36 AM
Tech Master

Not the first time. I have used this motor/esc combo in 2 vehicles now. This one ran perfectly last time I ran it. No problems at all. I soldered in another motor and it still did it.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Any ideas? I have never even put this thing into Thermal shutdown . . .
Old 07-10-2008, 07:28 PM
Tech Regular

I've not had this happen to me before, or seen it happen to someone else. Further, you're right, there doesn't seem to be anything in the literature about it - almost all the "error" messages deal with lights flashing, not staying on solid. I'd recommend the following: first, carefully double-check all the wiring: motor wires in the correct order, sensor wires in the correct order and all plugged in fully, wire to the receiver in and in the correct order, etc. Sounds simple, I know, but I can't count how many times I've caught myself with the wires in the wrong order, or backwards, or whatever. Once all that is correct, re-do the one-touch set-up, which also resets the speedo to factory settings (profile 1). See if that helps anything. Other than that I would recommend giving Novak customer service a call.

For future reference, providing a little more background would be good when asking for help. What kind of motor(s) have you tried it with? What kind of battery? Good luck, hope this works out for you.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

I have tried it with two different 5.5 motors. 2 different 3200 Orion batteries. Wires are all in the exact same order as the last time I drove the car when it worked perfectly. Also, the one touch setup button does NOTHING. Nothing responds. I even put on a new switch just to see if that could have been it. No change. I guess I am going to have to call them tomorrow.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:11 PM
Suspended

Talking AE.......................IS THE KILLER OF ALL!

I've heard from some guys @ my local track that sent in their GTB's had good turn around results ,if under warranty still they will just replace it,if not it's like $4o.oo and they send you a "Reman" Unit .