Wiki Posts
Search

Associated Off Road Desert Truck ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 05:45 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by JDCrow
ROTFLMAO

Are you the same guy from the beginning of this thread who posted the following? Or has someone hijacked your registration?
Still stand by most of my points ...
The Ae is a racing car and the Slash what it is , a basher ...
Old 07-31-2008, 06:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stallard
Looks like it is time to start reading through the 1/8 electric conversion thread
The question for me is: Which will be easier to convert to electric? The SC8 or the Slayer? Given that the Slayer is Revo-based, the TeKno RC kit should make it easy to do. But then if the SC8 is RC8-based, there are kits for the RC8 that might work.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:35 PM

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

i have a feelling its gonna be a 4wd nitro
Old 07-31-2008, 06:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
finally mand'up and had some fun with a slash.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OTE_TheMissile
Actually I kinda see where TwoTone is coming from. It's not so much the expensive part, but the fun part.

Right now I'm bumming about my favorite class, Stock Truck. A lot of the fun of Stock Truck was putting effort into wringing every last drop of speed you could get out of these things, and you had to get creative at times when it came to motor tuning and chassis setup. And some of the best stuff came from rumors floating around the pits, little secrets you'd share with your buddies about springs to try or motor brushes to use or a certain line to take around the track. After spending an entire night taking all of this information and applying it to your truck, and then you show up the next week and run away with the show, you've got something to be proud of. You put in the effort and went by experience, and how 'bout that, you won as a result. Sure, maybe that meant you had to buy a few hot rod parts and equipment, but that comes with racing.

If racing the Slash and the trucks that will undoubtedly follow it means I'm not allowed to try different things or spend money on faster equipment - if there's nothing for me to learn when it comes to making my truck faster because the rules state everybody has to be on the same level equipment-wise, so I can just sit by myself at my pit between rounds twiddling my thumbs with nothing to do...well what's the fun in that?
The top part of your quote is the reason stock has lost its following.And i don't mean Bs with your buddy's or shareing little motor secrects.It was the MONEY it took to b e fast in stock not just driveing skills.The moeny it took to be fast in stock with insane motors and batt wars.The guy with the most money won(and some skill).Now that lipo's and brushless is out it brought the feild a lot closer in raceing.now a guy or kid could go out and buy the same stuff as the fastest guy at the track is running or the same stuff a factory guy uses. Before lipo's and brushless.Unless you had money or new somebody you could never get the same batts or motors as the factory guys.Now you can.So what it sounds like to me is you like it when you ran from the feild becouse you had better stuff then others but now a new guy can come in to the scene and have some skill and be up front.The slash brings SKILL to the track not who has the most MONEY and the best of every thing.

That is just my 2 cents.I to miss playing with dyno trying to get more speed and batts i would spend every last dime i could to get the best.But now i don't have to i go buy lipos and brushless and now i can run 4 classes instead of 2 Becouse of the less money i have to spend to be fast and the easy ness of brushless and lipo's.

Last edited by Ricky Bobby; 07-31-2008 at 08:44 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
I agree with you to a point, yes Traxxas makes cars for the basher first, and AE makes cars that are ment for the track only. But at the same time we racers seem to forget that we would be happy to race golf balls down a hill. To me the main point in racing isn't to have a car ment to race only, but to take any run of the mill car and go race some other people to see who is faster. Yes there are race cars out there that are all high tech track cars only (like F1, etc), but at the same time there is more fun racing to be had with the cars ment to be daily drivers. So eventhough the slash is a basher truck, it can still be raced as long as the people are having fun, and there is still someone who will win. So really we don't need parents, the government, ect to tell us that you can only race a race car, as ture racing comes form the guys who race things not made for racing (like the golf balls down the hill).
Old 07-31-2008, 09:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

bleh... I HOPE it's not 4WD nitro

I'd rather electric, so that i can run at the local indoor track (in the OC), as well as the outdoor tracks... and I would actually prefer 2WD (with a straight rear axle, trailing arms, long suspension, and lots of droop)... but that's me

I prefer the option for a scale vehicle anyway... there are plenty of non-scale high-performance vehicles out there for those who want them, so everyone that's complaining about the scale versus performance issue can close up now...

I like that fact that someone is offering scale vehicles again (tamiya and Kyosho used to) and the fact that they may perform as well is a bonus.... let us have aour scale moment if we want... if you don't want a scale vehicle and would rather have a bubble-wheeled spider with a tiny body that looks like an M&M only you have control over your wallet....

not speaking to anyone in particular... just venting about all those who are criticizing these new vehicles for being scale and "lacking performance"
Old 07-31-2008, 10:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

If racing the Slash and the trucks that will undoubtedly follow it means I'm not allowed to try different things or spend money on faster equipment - if there's nothing for me to learn when it comes to making my truck faster because the rules state everybody has to be on the same level equipment-wise, so I can just sit by myself at my pit between rounds twiddling my thumbs with nothing to do...well what's the fun in that?
I understand what you're saying here. I use the Slash to at least get some racing in if I'm having the typical problems with my nitro 808/Vspec(which is why I'm not sitting in the Pit twiddling my thumbs.) When I get frustrated with a flameout or two, at least I have the Slash to get in a full heat of RACING...

Last week I eeked out a second place in the B-main, to get in the A, and placed 4th. If that's bashing, not racing, then I guess I haven't learned anything in the last couple of years of RC.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:55 PM
Tech Master

Late to the party...just saw the change of the advertising banners on the AE site.

I like! Looks much more like an authentic CORR truck. I don't see the nitro head and fuel tank - there's no access through the body like you'd typically find on a nitro car/truck.

My money's on electric. But yeah...the scale look of this truck is even more appealing than the Slash. I'm anxious to see how it looks in action!

Last edited by kdeselms; 08-01-2008 at 12:38 AM.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

its NITRO AND 4WD FOR SURE.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yeah I don't know about a cylinder head either...but that certainly looks like a fuel tank that I can see through the front fender.
The picture in the magazine is much higher quality than the banner on the AE site, but I had to knock it down to post it. At the bottom of the window it looks like I can see the top cooling fin for a nitro head. I could be wrong!!

Ray
Old 08-01-2008, 12:58 AM
Tech Master

I don't know...it looks like the chassis is going to be pretty involved, it seems like there's an actual rollcage under the body, and the parts that come out of the back of the cab look like they might be part of that whole assembly. Also noticed the quick slideshow of various team's car bodies on the subsequent page - looks like they might be gearing up to give you a choice of body out of the box?

I'm digging it though. I'm looking at my Slash and comparing it...the Slash looks like the cartoon version to me now lol

NOTE: Hahahaha... Okay AE, you win. Last time I caught you naming your web graphics with the product's actual model number (SC8), which you later changed in a futile attempt to cover it up. Tonight I try to sleuth in the source a little bit, and what do I find? The animating gif on the "dream is real" page off the index is called...

"No_info_here_SC8.gif"

You caught me :P

Last edited by kdeselms; 08-01-2008 at 01:17 AM.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I checked into the "championship" thing with Traxxas, and:

Traxxas Revo 3.3:

R/C Pro-Series National Champion 2004,2005,2006

ROAR Monster Truck National Champion 2006, 2007

Just in case anyone thinks Traxxas is not a championship winning company.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby
Before lipo's and brushless.Unless you had money or new somebody you could never get the same batts or motors as the factory guys.Now you can.
Well-said Ricky Bobby. When I switched to mod motors, I still couldn't justify paying $80+ on a hand-wound brushed motor knowing that eventually, it's just gonna wear on me and since all I do is bash nowadays, a slightly less of a motor doesn't take away any fun from a day of practice...

The most expensive motor I've bought in modified are the Speed Gems, the "Cheapie" of the Trinity lines. Since then, I've been on a downhill with crap motors, Fireball 13x2 (which were really crappy), Method SV2 19x2, Method SV2 13x2.

The Method 13x2 gives me plenty of power for fun, but it's no Team Checkpoint...

I'm debating on which brushless to get, I can't wait to drop a brushless in, tons of speed with very little wear (great thing about brushless)

Old 08-01-2008, 06:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would not take too much stock in the one or two pics floating around. Has anyone ever thaught that they might put something in there to mess with you....remember when you mom put a brick in your christmas present to make it feel heavy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.