R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 07-03-2008, 07:57 PM   #1
Tech Initiate
Default Newbie to LiPos, and I have a problem...

I have 4 2000 mah 2s lipo packs for my mini late model. 3 of them are great and work awesome.

However, the 4th pack I have a problem with. I purchased it brand new. I charged it, put it into my MLM, ran it, I might of slightly over discharged it. I still had plenty of power left in the cells, I just stopped running it cause it got dark. I pulled the pack out of my car, and one of the cells has ballooned up. Not super tight, but it is puffed out. I recharged it (outside in the backyard to avoid any possible fire damage,) it took the charge, and I actually ran it in one of my other minis. It still works, but I know I am playing with fire (literally.)

What do you suggest?????

kartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 05:43 AM   #2
Tech Apprentice
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I would not run that pack anymore. From what you have said one of the cells has been damaged, and you are playing with a bomb. You never know when you may have a problem if you keep using it, and alot of damage may be done.

Try contacting the battery manufacture and let them know what happened. They may work with you on this matter.

amckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 05:46 AM   #3
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default Bomb

I agree with the previous post, you are asking for trouble. Over discharging is a death sentence for most Lipos. I would check with manufacturer for their advice and follow it closely.
nutz4rcyktw is offline   Reply With Quote