R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 08-17-2003, 11:30 PM   #1
Tech Rookie
Unhappy Electric or Nitro Buggy?Which Engine?

I am new to RC and many of the people have suggested me to start with Electric first. The problem is I don't want ending up selling the electric after a few month and buying a Nitro. I like Nitro Buggy because it is faster with higher torq. A battery power RC will drain eventually and once the voltage drop, the motor rpm will be much slower.

May be I am wrong.

Which engine should I use? I still see some buggies use a 0.12 or 0.15 engine. Wouldn't the 0.21 is a much better engine because of the higher torq?

Someone offer me a deal but I am not sure whether is it good or not? A DuraTrax Max BX with some modification and a newly installed 0.12 Dynamite engine by the first owner. Plus a futaba two stick radio for US$120 dollars.
Truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 12:49 AM   #2
Tech Master
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
Send a message via ICQ to DOMOisCOOL Send a message via AIM to DOMOisCOOL Send a message via Yahoo to DOMOisCOOL

Don't get the Duratrax.

How much do you want to spend? Those .21 buggies are rather expensive.
DOMOisCOOL is offline   Reply With Quote