Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Does Kyosho candy have razor blades in it? >

Does Kyosho candy have razor blades in it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does Kyosho candy have razor blades in it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

I'm plenty happy with a stock RB5 at our track. 6 other racers at my track feel the same way. The hobby is the way you make it for yourself, affordable or expensive.

I feel its the best 2wd buggy I've owned in 25 years.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:14 PM
Tech Adept

All of you are right. I'm wrong and have no place posting here. Where does a guy like me get off having a complaint. I had better just go kill myself.

Is that what you want to hear?

I'm no dummy. I've been riding, racing, and tuning suspensions on motor bikes and snowmobiles my whole life. I know enough to know that most of the latter posters to my thread here are probably sponsored. Yamaha, honda, ski-doo, arctic cat, and suzuki all have similar mind-set with their sponsored racers.

I'm asking the club racers. The Visa sponsered gentlemen (and ladies) whose backs you sponsored guys walk on. All the little guys.
Is this how you want your race car manufacturers to behave?
Old 07-01-2008, 12:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by STRINGCHEESE
No $50 and $100 upgrades mentioned for the "other guys" LESS THEN A YEAR AFTER RELEASE OF A NEW KIT!!!!^^^^

Just at most a $25 chassis, $5 plate, or a spring (according to above posts)

Have you guys (especially you RB_Five) read the RB5 thread. EVERYONE asked if the buggy needs the worlds rear end answers yes. Hundreds of pages saying yes the car needs it. So don't tell me it's not needed. Let's see, i finished 6th place at the Mod Nationals last year in 2wd mod with a stock RB-5. It was the first time I have driven 2wd Mod! heck, i had only driven a 2wd buggy maybe 3 small club races in the 10 years prior to that event! It's not necessary!

And yes the shocks are the best in the industry. Hands down.

Why would kyosho even consider stepping on the ZX-5 SP? They have figured out they can make a LOT more money on the upgrade kits. This is big business for them. And yes the people at Kyosho are taking advantage of us. I'm sorry. But some of us are just to blind (or stupid) to see it.

Pure speculation by you. Also why make the FS? because at the worlds last year the top drivers tried both the SP and a pre-production FS and preferred the FS. So to compete at the National and World level they felt the FS may be necessary. Obviously the SP is no slouch and is good at any level. However when you are in one of the most competitive classes where hundreths of a second a lap matters then maybe the FS is the ticket.

Go buy a Kyosho and experience what I'm talking about.
Above and beyond all of this, why complain when the manufacturer comes up with "hop up" parts for their own car but not complain when an aftermarket company makes "hop up" parts for the same car?
Old 07-01-2008, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

All of you are right. I'm wrong and have no place posting here. Where does a guy like me get off having a complaint. I had better just go kill myself.
The smartest thing you have said on this forum.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

No $50 and $100 upgrades mentioned for the "other guys" LESS THEN A YEAR AFTER RELEASE OF A NEW KIT!!!!^^^^

Just at most a $25 chassis, $5 plate, or a spring (according to above posts)

Have you guys (especially you RB_Five) read the RB5 thread. EVERYONE asked if the buggy needs the worlds rear end answers yes. Hundreds of pages saying yes the car needs it. So don't tell me it's not needed.

And yes the shocks are the best in the industry. Hands down.

Why would kyosho even consider stepping on the ZX-5 SP? They have figured out they can make a LOT more money on the upgrade kits. This is big business for them. And yes the people at Kyosho are taking advantage of us. I'm sorry. But some of us are just to blind (or stupid) to see it.

Go buy a Kyosho and experience what I'm talking about.
I had the rb5 for a year and i didn't put a wider rear on it till the kit came out and now i drive a b4..... not seeing your point here.

Whats the hundred dollar upgrade kit ??
Old 07-01-2008, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Is that what you want to hear?

I'm no dummy. I've been riding, racing, and tuning suspensions on motor bikes and snowmobiles my whole life. I know enough to know that most of the latter posters to my thread here are probably sponsored. Yamaha, honda, ski-doo, arctic cat, and suzuki all have similar mind-set with their sponsored racers.

I'm asking the club racers. The Visa sponsered gentlemen (and ladies) whose backs you sponsored guys walk on. All the little guys.
Is this how you want your race car manufacturers to behave?
Im not sponsored, and I have driven all 3 companies cars. The CR fit me best, but I did not like how Losi was not doing anything to improve their cars. The B4 is a good car, just not for me and I still had to do certain things and buy things to make it what the TEAM guys ran, the T4 even more so. The RB5 is the best suited for me compared to the Losi, and Im not complaining about having to spend 40 dollars on an OPTION PART to change the characteristics.

Seriously you're complaining about something so odd its not making much sense. XRay comes out with a new TC every year, and I have yet to see someone complain about that when they have to spend 350+ on a new car for upgrades. There is no RB5.2 or anything of that nature.

It appears as though you are just complaining just to complain to me honestly.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
I had the rb5 for a year and i didn't put a wider rear on it till the kit came out and now i drive a b4..... not seeing your point here.

Whats the hundred dollar upgrade kit ??
SP upgrade
and the soon to be released FS should be ball park $100
I think the 1/8 buggy has some changes coming too

"Pure speculation by you." (KRCRacer22) Or by any other business minded person.

Why is kyosho doing this then? To go broke? Come on, this is all part of their perspectus. Your sponsored butt knows it too.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

Why are they constantly upgrading and testing? Gee I dont know thats a tough one....

Youre a home appraiser, according to your profile, why dont people keep their homes the same as they bought them? Why do they make changes?
Old 07-01-2008, 12:51 PM
Tech Adept

"Let's see, i finished 6th place at the Mod Nationals last year in 2wd mod with a stock RB-5. It was the first time I have driven 2wd Mod! heck, i had only driven a 2wd buggy maybe 3 small club races in the 10 years prior to that event! It's not necessary!"
-KRCRacer22

I bet you would have won if you had the worlds rear end! Since you're such a great driver, and all.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

SP upgrade
and the soon to be released FS should be ball park $100
I think the 1/8 buggy has some changes coming too

Wrong yet again. There is no "SP" upgrade for the RB5, one was available for the ZX5 before the kit version of the SP was out.

You know nothing about what you are talking about. Kyosho is coming out with a totally new 1/8th scale this year. Their 8th scale has remained mostly the same since the MP-6 I think. This new one is all new from the ground up.

Why do people insist upon arguing when they don't have even the most basic understanding of what they are talking about?
Old 07-01-2008, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

"Let's see, i finished 6th place at the Mod Nationals last year in 2wd mod with a stock RB-5. It was the first time I have driven 2wd Mod! heck, i had only driven a 2wd buggy maybe 3 small club races in the 10 years prior to that event! It's not necessary!"
-KRCRacer22

I bet you would have won if you had the worlds rear end! Since you're such a great driver, and all.
heh you may want to google Ryan Lutz before you spout off, he is primarily a Nitro racer and is the Kyosho team manager and a VERY nice guy (thanks for those springs again). He doesnt run electric very much at all and still makes As against guys like Ryan C, Ryan Maifield, Masami, Tebo, Truhe, etc.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by K_King
Why are they constantly upgrading and testing? Gee I dont know thats a tough one....

Youre a home appraiser, according to your profile, why dont people keep their homes the same as they bought them? Why do they make changes?
A lot of times I don't know. Mostly pride of ownership. Recently the market has been horrible, so much of what I'm about to say is irrelivent because of our drastic economic event. In a rising market one would be wasting money by doing large interior renovations (unless in a echelon neighborhood like Beverly hills or that place north of P.B.) in an investment home. If the market's risingthen let it rise without renavating. Renovations in a rising market usually cost more then the market returns. Declining markets same rule applies EXCEPT now you might be able to sell where without renovations you might not be able to sell, period. In a stable market renovations WILL catch up to their initial value over time. An Echelon market can reward renovations. Poor markets, like Detroit, can have huge economic market swings. They are always a real estate investment risk in long term but can be highly rewarding in the short term.

For example, Your house is exactly the same as your neighbors except your 200' driveway is asphalt and his is gravel. A lets say a new driveway is $37,000. What will the difference in sales price be if both of you listed your homes for sale today. In reality, very little. His will sell first. Yours will sell shortly after for about the same price. Now the new owner of your home has to go buy a new driveway because his wife's new Solstice is bottoming out and complaining to him. And he has a headache.

Why do people pay $500,000+ for a shack in San Diego?
Old 07-01-2008, 01:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SQC049
Wrong yet again. There is no "SP" upgrade for the RB5, one was available for the ZX5 before the kit version of the SP was out.

You know nothing about what you are talking about. Kyosho is coming out with a totally new 1/8th scale this year. Their 8th scale has remained mostly the same since the MP-6 I think. This new one is all new from the ground up.

Why do people insist upon arguing when they don't have even the most basic understanding of what they are talking about?
hey a-hole, try some grammer lessons. this thread is not RB5 specific and I was talking about the ZX-5. you're nothing but a flamer
Old 07-01-2008, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

hey a-hole, try some grammer lessons. this thread is not RB5 specific and I was talking about the ZX-5. you're nothing but a flamer
You meant grammAr right?

People pay that much in San Diego because the city is clean, not crowded like LA and 76 degrees on the coast 200+ days out of the year. Which Im sure you already knew.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:25 PM
Tech Adept

Now, I can say, I've had awesome support by Kyosho's local race team. I would not have bought a kyosho if the guys sponsored by them weren't so helpful (and just plain nice guys). If someone was to ask me, I would have nothing but great things to say about Al Horne(FTR), Jason Jakubczyk(?), Mike Creisi (larry's rc), and even Johnny LoGuidice (panther tires).
Al has been the biggest influence on my racing and a great role model for me. His whole family has been great to me and my boys. I don't hardly know who the "other guys" drivers are.
I'm not unhappy with my kyosho's. I just am finding it impossible to keep up with their changes and upgrades.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.