Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Does Kyosho candy have razor blades in it? >

Does Kyosho candy have razor blades in it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does Kyosho candy have razor blades in it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 02:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

You are also dealing with a catch 22 for Kyosho. The LHS won't stock the parts until more kits are sold but more kits won't be sold until more parts are stocked.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:05 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STRINGCHEESE
Kyosho has changed their cars so much lately I can't keep up. I was waiting for the RT5 but bought a T4 instead.

Why? Way too many $50 and $100 upgades to their "state of the art" racers. I've just had enough.

Does anyone else feel this way?
Are you the guys suggesting that locking the diff on their T4 is a good idea?

That's what I thought.
Never mind ...
Old 07-02-2008, 02:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Ok, I'm back.
nc sorry about the harsh tone. I was getting bashed bad there for a while.

Here is one other, and probably my biggest, point. Kyosho currently makes loads of R/C vehicles (i'm sure they make more that I'm unaware of). Airplanes, heli's, tanks, you name it they make it. Maybe they would benifit by not making all the middle ranged r/c stuff. I can see the 'toy' r/c is probably a great market. I would simply stop production of all the rediculous middle of the road models they offer. They are all hobby shop based models that aren't showcased in any magazine media and are too expensive to be toys. Retailers buy them and end up stuck with them sitting on the shelves until they are obsolete. i would draw a line and cut the fat. Make walmart toys and thorobread racers/performance fliers, keeping rtr version racers like the rtr zx-5. This would make my kyosho complete. A good toy like would be my backbone for when racing times are down.
It's easier to restock for the LHS then to remove stock. Get stuff on the shelves!

For all you that have been wondering where all this talk came from, the honest truth is, I love and have always loved Kyosho. I used to druel over their racers in 1984 in the r/c controller magazines. They just never did what I've been talking about. Parts were scarce, bla, bla ,bla. It was even tougher when I had to walk to the (in 1984 when I was 8) hobby shop and they didn't carry Kyosho. My parents thought like I do. Well what if it breaks, they have parts for this car, bla, bla, bla. I NEVER said I don't like Kyosho. The thing is I DO like Kyosho. They even look great. That's the thing. I want Kyosho around. I want these things to happen. It's been like a bad affair for me and I just don't want to get my heart broken again. I've often wondered why they can make such great cars then just not.
I'm really an easy guy to get along with, and I know I've made some friends here. Thanks for allowing me to rant and GO KYOSHO!
Can you post your bussiness plan & make your analysis cause it only spells bankrupt. Great thread though but I have to disagree Remote control does not mean 1 type or 1 product & realize what R&D means
I have raced over 6 different vehicles 1/12t/1/10th/1/8th electric/On road gas & off-road & even had a couple of helis. It is great when you can find a product that fit's the consumers needs & Kyosho got it all to fit my needs.
Enjoy the 4th evevryone
Old 07-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Tech Adept

I´have just a cuple of months of rc car experience, but I think Kyosho
was nitro orientated and very slow to react to the new power of electric
rc (new lipos and BL engines), and now they wake up and looked around
and started dumping the market with lots of products...the next big thing.
My first car (afther my 80´s Tamiya Big Wig), was a Mini Inferno...a scaled
down 1/8 nitro with 3 diferentials and a pain to own, why? Why not do some
R&D and then release a realible micro car, what´s the rush?...we all know
what makes the world turn nowardays...and it´s not the sun.
Anyway I love my SP and the people that work with this new electric racers, but take your time and look around more often and
with ease.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:35 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by mpluis
I´have just a cuple of months of rc car experience, but I think Kyosho
was nitro orientated and very slow to react to the new power of electric
rc (new lipos and BL engines), and now they wake up and looked around
and started dumping the market with lots of products...the next big thing.
My first car (afther my 80´s Tamiya Big Wig), was a Mini Inferno...a scaled
down 1/8 nitro with 3 diferentials and a pain to own, why? Why not do some
R&D and then release a realible micro car, what´s the rush?...we all know
what makes the world turn nowardays...and it´s not the sun.
Anyway I love my SP and the people that work with this new electric racers, but take your time and look around more often and
with ease.
WTF ??
Old 07-03-2008, 06:59 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by stitchy
Your theories are interesting, but I'm not sure they make a lot of business sense. There is a reason why Traxxas is one of the if not THE biggest RC company out there. Most RC enthusiasts are not racers (I don't know what the statistic is).

What you say might be great for racers like you, me and many others on this board, but not so great for Kyosho. Cutting their profits by making everything cheap, charging less for shipping, etc. would probably force them into cheaper manufacturing processes and we would get an inferior product. They'd probably have to cut their R&D, their racing team etc. Then as a result, less sales and a downward spiral, probably suicide for a racing company.

In the end, it's still a business.

I'm not flaming, but if you'd please humor me and read my post again you'd find that I said to continue with RTR versions of their performance lines. All their performance lines, heli's, planes, boats, cars, trucks, tanks, etc. These would be comparable to Traxxas. I also suggested they keep making the 'toy' models, which, will be the basis for a steady income for Kyosho. It's all the stuff in between that I believe Kyosho needs to take a long hard look at. I am by no means an owner of a manufacturing company. But I have ran a business or two.
Shiping cost was mentioned as being high for everyone. I've been told by more then one LHS that while yes shipping is high, Kyosho's shipping is more then double for a comparable package.

**edit**I just was looking at Kyosho's website. They may have already done this. I do not see quite as many oddball vehicles as in the past. Or maybe they are just not on the site...dunno****
Old 07-03-2008, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm not flaming, but if you'd please humor me and read my post again you'd find that I said to continue with RTR versions of their performance lines. All their performance lines, heli's, planes, boats, cars, trucks, tanks, etc. These would be comparable to Traxxas. I also suggested they keep making the 'toy' models, which, will be the basis for a steady income for Kyosho. It's all the stuff in between that I believe Kyosho needs to take a long hard look at. I am by no means an owner of a manufacturing company. But I have ran a business or two.
Shiping cost was mentioned as being high for everyone. I've been told by more then one LHS that while yes shipping is high, Kyosho's shipping is more then double for a comparable package.

**edit**I just was looking at Kyosho's website. They may have already done this. I do not see quite as many oddball vehicles as in the past. Or maybe they are just not on the site...dunno****

Kyosho makes a ton of Cars for Onroad and Offroad. If none of those live up to your expectations then move on......

Samething goes for those bashing Team Losi...lol

String, You seriously looked at Kyoshos website to see if they have changed thier business practice? Wow............EEEEEEK
Old 07-03-2008, 07:37 AM
Suspended

Old 07-03-2008, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

So do I still have to re-read your post again? Just kidding, man. You brought up some interesting points and while I think your intent was good, the alternatives are probably unfeasable or worse. You are but one consumer in a sea of thousands, and from what I see here a big minority in your opinion about the upgrade kits. Do you still feel that way?
Old 07-03-2008, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

It's all the stuff in between that I believe Kyosho needs to take a long hard look at.
I'm not flaming either, but I kinda equate this statement to you going up to Chevrolet and saying "Hey, you should only produce the Corvette and the Aveo and cut out all the stuff in the middle." You'd be telling them to kill off their bread and butter!

By the way, due to gasoline prices, shipping costs are only going to go up. I've heard pricing changes are already taking effect everywhere and not just Kyosho. Better be ready!
Old 07-07-2008, 07:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by stitchy
So do I still have to re-read your post again? Just kidding, man. You brought up some interesting points and while I think your intent was good, the alternatives are probably unfeasable or worse. You are but one consumer in a sea of thousands, and from what I see here a big minority in your opinion about the upgrade kits. Do you still feel that way?
Well, honestly, I'm still a little (only a little!) upset. I now understand the why kyosho has upgrade kits. Simply to upgrade the old car to the new at a lower price then individual parts. I now understand this is a nice thing for racers. I'm upset that, specifically, the RB-5 kit was not upgraded. At the time I purchased mine the worlds rear end had been out for a few months, but the upgrade was not in the kit (only a little upset!!). The other models upgrade the old car to the new car. RB-5 is still the new car $225 + $47 = complete. I'll get over it. I didn't mean to bring this thread back onto the board. I was simply asked a relevent question that I believed needed to be answered.
All humor aside, whats up with Team Losi? lol