Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Does Kyosho candy have razor blades in it? >

Does Kyosho candy have razor blades in it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does Kyosho candy have razor blades in it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 01:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by K_King
You meant grammAr right?

People pay that much in San Diego because the city is clean, not crowded like LA and 76 degrees on the coast 200+ days out of the year. Which Im sure you already knew.
lol

I really miss that $1/2M shack I lived in.

SD calls to me every day, wish i was there!lol
Old 07-01-2008, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Originally Posted by STRINGCHEESE
hey a-hole, try some grammer lessons. this thread is not RB5 specific and I was talking about the ZX-5. you're nothing but a flamer
What is wrong with my grammar? I didn't realize that I had entered an essay contest by posting on this forum.

You have all the signs of a typical internet loser. You have made a thread stating a pointless opinion with no other intention than starting trouble.

Instead of admitting that you are a clown that knows nothing, you start to insult other peoples grammar and make statements about how much money you make.

You're a joke. Do yourself a favor and stop posting. You're only proving to the world how small of a person you really are.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default ??motorbikes??

Did that guy really say, "motor bikes". Thats funny!!
Old 07-01-2008, 02:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

SP upgrade
and the soon to be released FS should be ball park $100
I think the 1/8 buggy has some changes coming too

"Pure speculation by you." (KRCRacer22) Or by any other business minded person.

Why is kyosho doing this then? To go broke? Come on, this is all part of their perspectus. Your sponsored butt knows it too.
The SP upgrade is was about $80-90 most places. It came out to upgrade the original ZX5 which was released around October of 2005...about 2 years before the SP kit. If you think about it, Kyosho was doing its customers a favor. Instead of buying a whole new kit to get the changes, you spend as little as $80 to be up to speed with the new developments. They didn't have to do that. After that, they released the whole kit. Sounds to me like they did us a favor.

Oh, and God forbid a business wants to make money. Shame on them.

Last edited by foolio; 07-01-2008 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Redacted statement.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:53 PM
Tech Adept

So I'm reading this and it really is a protest to kyosho bringing out upgrades? To be honest, I just went out and bought the sp. I'm not a serious racer (or am not looking to be one) and the sp provides me what I need (and more) to club race. Notice that they are called upgrade kits for a reason. Its not like the car was a hunk of junk before. The only concern I'd have is the availability of REPLACEMENT parts which is plentiful given the great support I've gotten by factory drivers in addition to knowing where to buy them. (speedtech rc and the OCRC track shop)
Old 07-01-2008, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Kyosho has changed their cars so much lately I can't keep up. I was waiting for the RT5 but bought a T4 instead.

Why? Way too many $50 and $100 upgades to their "state of the art" racers. I've just had enough.

Does anyone else feel this way?
hey a-hole, try some grammer lessons. this thread is not RB5 specific and I was talking about the ZX-5. you're nothing but a flamer
Not sure where you were talking about the ZX5 specifically.

Speaking of Rb5- one thing to consider is that the original mid arm conversion or "worlds" set up was not even a true conversion. It was just several parts that together worked well on that car. Kyosho chose to offer a kit to make it easier and cheaper for the consumers (you the racers) to get all the parts needed for the "worlds" set up without chasing down part numbers. How does that make Kysoho a bad company thats trying to suck you dry of your money? The "worlds kit" was/is substantially cheaper than buying all the parts separate. I dont see Associated offering an upgrade kit for the T4 that includes all the GT2 parts that the team drivers use at a reduced cost. Looks to me like Kyosho did racers a favor.

Go get a B4 or a T4, then buy what you "need" to make it a better car than stock. Or you dont and leave it the way they are. The Kyosho cars are the same way.

And as far as the SP vs. FS is concerned. The SP was introduced as a conversion first for the people that already had a standard ZX5, that way they didnt have to go out buy a completely new car. The FS is going to be introduced as a kit first as well, so that people with SP's dont have to run out and buy a new car (which they wouldnt HAVE to anyways if they are happy with the SP as is) The complete car will be introduced later. The thing is, you have a CHOICE. I know alot of guys that will still campaign the SP because it is a great car and they can use there "brick" Lipos with both the 2wd and 4wd. But, there are some of us "serious racers" that will gladly go with the FS for that possible "edge".

You've obviously made your decision, I dont see why you keep getting upset when we come on here to give you our reasoning.

Last edited by nc-hopsing; 07-01-2008 at 03:28 PM.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:14 PM
Tech Master

Can't we all just get along??????????

This all started with a hobbyist with a complaint. Let him complain and let us all give our $.02 cents worth of reason why a company does what it does for whatever the reason. YES, I am a team driver for Kyosho. YES, I do luv my SP and RB5. YES, I am looking forward to the new FS. And YES, I do understand where "stringcheese" is coming from to an extent. Thats why its a "HOBBY". Your not in it to make money. You basically spend money on it, hence HOBBY. I am not going to sit here and blow smoke up your arse and try to convince you why Kyosho does what it does. All I can say if that you are unhappy with what is transpiring, then you have the God given right to do whatever you want to make you happy is spending money in your HOBBY. It will be sad to see you switch companies, but if you are happy, then so am I. BOTTOM LINE.

And guys, try not to be to harsh on Ryan Lutz. He is Kyosho's team manager and I think its shows what kind of company he works for by being active on a public forum during work hours to try and help a fellow hobbyist.

My $.02 cents........ -Out
Old 07-01-2008, 04:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Ey lik updatz 4 migh Kyosha-mos Boiii
Old 07-01-2008, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

It's obvious Kyosho is doing us racers a favor by releasing these "upgrade kits." Would you rather spend another $220+ on an "RB6" or $50 for a bag of selected parts needed for the upgrade? Same goes for the ZX-5...Pay another $300+ for a ZX-6 or ZX-7 every time they make some big improvements or pay a fraction for the upgrade kits?

If anyone could stand to learn from this, it might be Losi, with the BK1, BK2, and CR, but God forbid anyone from trying to improve a product and make a buck from it too.

And AE, how many years does it take for them to release a new version of their buggy and truck? Do they even do upgrade kits? I like my T4, but it would be nice if they kept us updated instead of having us buy a whole new kit or piecing together the parts we need.

Hey, doesn't Kyosho do that? Yay Kyosho!
Old 07-01-2008, 04:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I for one really appreciated the SP upgrade and thought it was a great value. I feel like Kyosho keeps the racers in mind when they make their decisions for upgrades. If they find something that works better on the track that's great...Thank You Kyosho for offering it as an upgrade instead of forcing us to buy new cars. IF you can't keep up, you are not paying enough attention.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the only gripe i have with kyosho is their parts can be alittle hard to get buut their customer sales/service is always very friendly on the phone. real race companies are always looking for an edge.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by foolio
The SP upgrade is was about $80-90 most places. It came out to upgrade the original ZX5 which was released around October of 2005...about 2 years before the SP kit. If you think about it, Kyosho was doing its customers a favor. Instead of buying a whole new kit to get the changes, you spend as little as $80 to be up to speed with the new developments. They didn't have to do that. After that, they released the whole kit. Sounds to me like they did us a favor.

Oh, and God forbid a business wants to make money. Shame on them.
The middle arm conversion for the Lazer came out a long time ago...the SP upgrade kit came out right before the kit came out...last November or so.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Now, I can say, I've had awesome support by Kyosho's local race team. I would not have bought a kyosho if the guys sponsored by them weren't so helpful (and just plain nice guys). If someone was to ask me, I would have nothing but great things to say about Al Horne(FTR), Jason Jakubczyk(?), Mike Creisi (larry's rc), and even Johnny LoGuidice (panther tires).
Al has been the biggest influence on my racing and a great role model for me. His whole family has been great to me and my boys. I don't hardly know who the "other guys" drivers are.
I'm not unhappy with my kyosho's. I just am finding it impossible to keep up with their changes and upgrades.
I also think they have too many upgrades but I find it good, for me the rear mid con. did wonders, I race those guys you mention and its not about the car its the driver or ask them what were them driving before Kyosho signed them, or take a look at Jasons truck Pretty sure you know Kai Goff great driver he drives RB5 and Losi truck, kicks ass with both.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

^-- I Love YOUR SIG !!! --^
Old 07-01-2008, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Yeah that kittens cute, isnt it?
Oh, you mean the girl in the hammock? Shes cute too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.