Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Set To Release Rock Crawler

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 04:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Losi Set To Release Rock Crawler

(I couldn't find a rock crawling forum so i put it here)
Well looks like losi is going to release a rock crawler.

Quote: Losi's first crawler in this popular segment is sure to surprise and amaze the crawling community. Our innovative new crawler features an ultra-lightweight chassis design with a multi-link suspension package to allow for extreme articulation. Equipped with a vehicle-specific servo, electronic speed control and a high-torque motor, the crawler's components work flawlessly together to provide precise, on-demand power and control. An optimized 3-gear transmission combined with the heavy-duty metal ring and pinion gears...

so what do ya think ????
Old 06-26-2008, 05:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Pics please! Wow, it seems like R/C is really starting to move towards realism. Drift cars with realistic bodies, Desert trucks, and now looks like rock crawlers are getting attention. I like to race and play, so this is ok with me!
Old 06-26-2008, 07:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Sounds like a ready to run. I hope it is better than the Axial Scorpion RTR. I had to replace the servo, radio, and receiver to make it work crawling.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:20 AM
Tech Adept

it's 18th scale rtr...check radiocontrolzone.com in the hot news section
Old 06-26-2008, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Us crawlers are SLOWLY taking over!
Old 06-26-2008, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SCHMACHER
it's 18th scale rtr...check radiocontrolzone.com in the hot news section
Old 06-26-2008, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

more information............

The 1/18 Mini Rock Crawler is a new and unique edition for the 1/18 scale sector of the hobby industry. This RTR with everything included will be a new vehicle category creator similar to what the Mini-T did for the hobby by allowing 1/10 scale enthusiasts to come indoors and compete in smaller spaces. Losi has recognized the growing popularity of the R/C rock crawling hobby and is proud to bring to the rocks the 1/18 Mini Rock Crawler. Not only is the Losi Mini Crawler the very first 1/18 scale RTR crawler in the world, but it also has the first complete RTR with everything included - just open the box and hit the rocks.

Designed from the standards of the full scale rock crawling world as well as the custom build RC platforms that have had great success, the Mini Rock Crawler is the perfect way to allow hobbyists to get involved with the excitement of R/C rock crawling with a competition ready rig.

What makes the 1/18 Mini Rock Crawler an Everything Included RTR?

Losi Radio system featuring Spektrum 2.4GHz DSM technology
7.2V 1100mAh battery pack with wall charger
Losi Mini Rock Crawler Forward and Reverse Rock Crawling Specific ESC and high torque Mini Rock Crawler Motor
The transmitter batteries are even included, just hit the rocks!
Why is the Losi Mini Crawler a ground-up crawling machine?

Twin Vertical Plate (TVP) Chassis for superior chassis strength and lightweight design
Multi-link suspension allows for extreme grip and climbing of any obstacle
Three-gear center transmission with a spool an slipper absorb shock from the full time four wheel drivetrain in action
Heavy-duty metal ring and pinion gears, solid axles, and axle shafts with a full set of ball bearings
Extra long oil filled shocks in the front and rear
Mini Rock Claws Tires mounted on heavy-duty wheels with 12mm hexes and color match inserts
High torque steering servo specifically developed for the mini rock crawler
Specifications:

Scale: 1/18th
Length: 12 in
Width: 7 in
Wheelbase: 8.5 in
Weight: 2.04 lb
Tire Size: 3.70 in
Wheel Size: 1.9 in and 12mm hex

Expected Release Date - Mid-August
Old 06-26-2008, 02:02 PM
Tech Addict

Thats just crap.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Metla
Thats just crap.
Yep, 1/18 scale
Old 06-26-2008, 03:03 PM
Nik
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hopefully the money made will be spent on R&D for race cars... but I doubt it...
Old 06-26-2008, 03:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

All of the 1/18th scale race cars I have seen have been pretty abysmal. Twitchy and generally pretty nasty to drive on your average track. Would a 1/18th rock crawler be any different?
Old 06-26-2008, 03:48 PM
Tech Addict

What sort of terrain would you attack with your 1/18th rock crawler?, Your shoe?

I try not to knock Losi But hells bells, just another weak release. They don't deserve the heritage they purchased.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

18th scale?????????????????????????????????????????

what were they thinking!?

I visualize many Scorpion owners changing to the new Losi.....but not if is 1/18.....doesnt make any sense to me...
Old 06-26-2008, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

wow this is great! i can crawl the rocks in my fish tank.

no but seriously this is gay.... true story!

what do you do with it, throw cereal on the ground and see if it will crawl it..lol
Old 06-26-2008, 05:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Are any of you crawlers?

While a 2.2 rig would have been our first choice, this rig is being received well in the crawler community.

The Super class has lost most of it's attraction do to stagnant development, lack of support from manufactures, and a lack of terrain for many that can challenge a Supers crawling abilities.

With this rig as well as the Yokomo 1/18 crawler, the Duratrax 1/18th crawler and a rumored 1/18 release coming from Kyosho, we could be seeing the second competition class many have been looking for!

Also, many fail to remember that the 2.2 class that 99% of crawlers now participate in was based on the lowly 1/18 scale TLT!

This new release uses 12mm hexes which means all 2.2 tires and wheels will work on it, it comes w/ a Spektrum radio, it comes w/ tires designed after the 2.2 Losi Claws which have been dominant this last year, and it's very affordable! With some minor tweaks, it could be stretched into a 2.2 fairly easy! Crawlers are notorious for taking pieces and parts from difference rigs and manufactures to produce their own creations! This rig just adds parts for us to use!

Plus Losi will sell a ton of the axles and tires which are 1.9s to the scale guys! They favor the 1.9s as they more scale in size and appearance.

IMO, this release is a winner for crawling and if it sells well, I would guess a 2.2 will soon follow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.