R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 06-25-2008, 08:44 AM   #1
Tech Rookie
Default mini inferno help

Hi there can someone help me with this problem.

I just bought a mini inferno LAV and the perfex kt-3 that comes with it turns right more than left.

For example, say the knob turns to the right 40 degrees but it can only turn 30 degrees to the left. This is just an arbitrary number as I did not measure the numerical value. But it does turn to one side more.

Is this normal or should I get it changed?

nicholastanqing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 09:09 AM   #2
Tech Regular

There is a stop on most radios, sound like one of yours is broken. It probably won't hurt anything but make it feel a little weird driving. Guess you could try to make a new stop or break the other one
Stallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:44 AM   #3
Tech Addict
Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Is your steering trim centered or did you need to adjust it to get the RC to run straight? On many transmitters, adjusting the trim results in less steering throw in one direction - "sub trim", available on some radios, changes the center point but keeps full travel in both directions.
Miller_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:30 AM   #4
Tech Rookie

hi stallard.. you mean I can break the stop? How do I do it?

hey miller_time.. if I leave the trim button centered.. the knob on the transmitter still turns to the left less.. the servo has some more room to turn left but the knob on the tx won't allow me to cuz the the stop is blocking it from moving any further..

the guy at the shop told me that it's normal for one side to rotate more than the other.. but I don't really buy it.. I suspect he just does not want to be troubled with changing it.. =)
nicholastanqing is offline   Reply With Quote