Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RALLY RACING OFFICIAL THREAD!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Default RALLY RACING OFFICIAL THREAD!

im planning on building a rally car out of an old TA01. i cant sell the chassis but for like $20 for the condition its in and figured i would just do something like rally with it. ive seen videos and it seems awsome. has anyone ever built up a rally car? if so could i see pics? feel free to post pics and videos on this thread. heres a few vids i found

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_lghCNztOs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLY6t2L7UFU

seems like a blast to drive.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

anybody? seems like a cool thing.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'd say its cool but limited. It would be nice to have a track setup in the mountainous areas of this great country.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

i think thats what people mistake of it. its not very limited. you can drive a rally car onroad too, only the style is differet. it looks like they can take most terrain.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

You can't drive a rally car on a big construction site like you can a Savy or a Revo. If they had a race track then it would be cool.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

you might not be able to bash it like an MT, but you could drive it hard.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:00 PM
Tech Master

Hell, you can drive a XMod hard, doesn't mean that everyone will buy it. No offense.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

that is true. but you also cant put brushless into a xmod and do all the shit rally cars do. rally has potential, it just needs to be opened mroe to the public.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:25 AM
Tech Rookie

hell yea i just bought a tl 01 ra looks well fun im gons put mild tred on it so i can drift round corners :P any one know of any sites which help with setup on them?
Old 04-18-2008, 07:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by streetracer745
that is true. but you also cant put brushless into a xmod and do all the shit rally cars do. rally has potential, it just needs to be opened mroe to the public.
I am with you on that....

R.I.P McRae
Old 04-18-2008, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

I had an HPI super Nitro RS4 rally a few years ago and it was a blast to bash around half paved lots. I should dig it out and throw a new engine in it.

It was a ton of fun. Good luck on your project.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

That kyosho inferno gt class is actually pretty similar to this stuff already. All you would have to do is offer a track w/ varying surfaces & you would have the rally class set to go, not to mention your running $450 rtr setups so its easy to get started. The only problem I see is the cost of tires. If your running on gravel & an unswept street then your going to be going through tires quicker then you can say the word liquor.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

HPI had an electric rally car called the RS4 rally, it's usually considered the best electric rally car ever produced... however it is now discontinued

I never really had a close look at the chassis on that car since most of the pictures were taken with the internal lexan cover.
well, guess what... the other day I was looking at some chassis pics of this car (without the internal lexan cover and pilots), and the chassis layout is VERY similar to the HPI sprint 2 rtr... take a look at the attached pics of the rs4...

now have a look at the sprint 2 chassis here:
http://www.hpieurope.com/kit-info.ph...No=718&lang=en

Now if only we could get that lexan cover with the pilots... would be so cool

I've been running the HPI sprint 2 for the last couple of weeks and it definitely has some serious rally potential, the ride height is adjustable, the shocks can take a bit of travel I just need to find larger shock springs, the stock ones are 1" and do not fully extend the shock unless you use spacers... I tried 2" buggy springs but its too much, so 1.3" or 1.5" would be ideal. Anyone has ideas as to which springs could fit?
The other option is switching to larger shocks... don't know if front buggy shocks could work, maybe the size would be overkill. any ideas for this too?

The good thing about the sprint 2 rtr is you can use the 200mm bodies just by using 6mm offset in the rear wheels and 3mm offset fronts. (actually, both the impreza and the toureza rtr's come with these wheels, the bodies are 200mm)

Next week I'm getting some HPI Pirelly rally tires and trying those on a wrc focus body... oh yeah

any idea how to make that cool lexan cover? that, and the larger springs would do it... there's not really more I see you need to convert this to a rally machine.
Attached Thumbnails RALLY RACING OFFICIAL THREAD!-rallybox.jpg   RALLY RACING OFFICIAL THREAD!-rallyib.jpg   RALLY RACING OFFICIAL THREAD!-4f23_1.jpg   RALLY RACING OFFICIAL THREAD!-528d_1.jpg  
Old 04-18-2008, 09:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rufus2000
HPI had an electric rally car called the RS4 rally, it's usually considered the best electric rally car ever produced... however it is now discontinued
Losi also had one called the Rally Weapon and Tamiya had rally kits and probably still do
Old 04-18-2008, 10:03 PM
Tech Rookie

gah, i love my HPI RS4 Rally...
alas tho... many of my original parts have broken

i wonder if i can dig up some new parts on the net?
from what i remember, i think it used some of the parts off one of thier nitro cars too, but i dont remember for sure

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.