Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Need a crash course on Brushless systems... >

Need a crash course on Brushless systems...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need a crash course on Brushless systems...

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 11:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Need a crash course on Brushless systems...

I've really been thinking about brushless lately as I'm starting to get tired of the work and cost related to nitros. Seeing the spy shot of the possible 8ight BL just gave me a nudge in that direction.

So I run an 8ight-b. What would I need if I wanted to convert it to nitro. Keep in mind I know NOTHING about BL, its all a bit taboo to me.

So whats the best conversion kit for the 8ight? Who makes the best ESC's for 1/8 scale and what size motor/Lipo combo should I be running If I want decent run time? I wouldn't want to sacrifice to much on power. Say if I could get comparable top speeds to a .21 then I think I would be good. No need for all the insane power in racing. What would be a good charger to get and would I need a balancer? What ever that is... and what are acceptable temp ranges for a BL system when running hard?

So for the onslaught of questions, I just think It would take way to long to dig through all the threads on BL... Ok, thx in advance to anyone that helps out an old nitro head, now Im going to go find some magazines with BL info
Old 06-07-2008, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Go to the rc8 thread in the nitro section and pm the guy named chewieft or something like that. He runs converted buggies, truggies, mt's with a bunch of guys in michigan. They've been doing a couple years so should have alot of info to share with ya.