Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help with truck

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 10:59 AM
Tech Champion

If you are just starting out I suggest you focus on nice smooth clean driving first. Once you can run smooth laps without crashing then worry about motor speed. Depends on the motor quality, but generally a 17 turn motor is pretty powerful for starting out on dirt.

And be careful with gearing, too much pinion will make the motor run hot and burn up. Well, except for 17.5 brushless anyway, it doesn't appear that you can overgear them.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:51 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Have you attended any of the races at the track? If not, I would recommend you do and see what others are running.

As for the store owner stocking traxxas, did he say he wouldn't order other parts? You could always stock up on common broken stuff. For the T4, that would be to me the front a-arms as well as the carriers and steering knuckles. As for the rear of the vehicle, maybe 1 set of rear a-arms, and 1 bottom plate. Never really broke the rear carriers. Also, starting out, get the RPM front bumper large version.

As for speed and the like, I wouldn't worry too much about that as others have stated. Being steady is more important starting out than speed. Does you no good to have a car you can't control on the track.

As for vehicles to choose from, if you can get a brushless setup all ready to go right away, I don't see a problem with that. Just don't go insane when starting out.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

they said they would order me parts I wanted to go brushless. But I don't see a t4 brushless anywhere. I was looking into the future when I asked the question about the motors I don't want to put out 300 then when I get used to it have to buy a new car and put another 300 out. That is the only reason I am looking for.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcwarrior1
they said they would order me parts I wanted to go brushless. But I don't see a t4 brushless anywhere. I was looking into the future when I asked the question about the motors I don't want to put out 300 then when I get used to it have to buy a new car and put another 300 out. That is the only reason I am looking for.
If your gonna race don't pay 300 for a rustler.

Get a t4 and go brushless later or get a kit and BL system.