R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 08-06-2003, 10:29 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice
Goes Every Which Way!

I have an XXXT RTR (because it was my first truck, and RTR is the best way to go for your 1st.), and when i don't touch the steering, it turns minimally to the left. If I start my truck running on the right side of my street, and go straight, line it up, and go 100 yards, it would end up on the left side of the street. I haven't really done this, but I am just explaining. I have to turn right every so often so my truck will go fowards, no curving to the left. I have measured my turnbuckles, they are aligned correctly. My truck looks like the front tires are turned straight from the front view. It still tracks left. I have my XR2i radio set at something like 33 left (I think it might be trim, but it is where your wheels are located, like a little left, right, or middle.). I can't figure it out. How do you guys make sure, for example, that the front right and front left have the same camber? I just measure with CMs.

While I'm at it, my back tires are a little odd. The right one points in, while the left one does so minimally. What gets my fur ruffled is...there is no stinkin toe-in/toe-out option on the rear wheels, just camber!!!!!

thousandAnd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 02:39 PM   #2
Tech Elite

If it's an RTR and you have not removed the servo horn for any reason, you should probably adjust your radio steering trim to stop it from pulling to the left.

If one rear wheel is toed in further than the other, check the hub carriers and pivot block to make sure one of them isn't broken. If so, replace it.

Losi makes rear hub carriers with 0, 1, or 2 degrees of toe-in. You can also get aftermarket aluminum pivot blocks with 0 or 2 degrees of toe.
Engineering Without Fear
YoungChazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 04:22 PM   #3
Tech Apprentice

What's a pivot block?
thousandAnd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 07:07 PM   #4
Tech Regular

pivot block it that black plastic part that the rear arms mount to with the hinge pins
xxxtracer32 is offline   Reply With Quote