Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
do you think losi will come out with a new electric 4wd based off the type-r chassi.? >

do you think losi will come out with a new electric 4wd based off the type-r chassi.?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

do you think losi will come out with a new electric 4wd based off the type-r chassi.?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 08:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default do you think losi will come out with a new electric 4wd based off the type-r chassi.?

i was just curious if any of you would know if losi might be making a new electric 4wd based off the new chassi design of the type-r....?

your thoughts......
Old 05-23-2008, 09:13 PM
tel
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

They already tried. Search is your friend. Read the following thread.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=191546
Old 05-23-2008, 11:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Here is a prototype buggy.

Old 05-24-2008, 05:22 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by BuggyKing
Here is a prototype buggy.

that looks about what i imagined it would...lol

looks great...anybody know whether they going to produce the buggy?
Old 05-24-2008, 05:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

There has been no indication that it is even close to production. Losi is in the RTR mode at this time. Since Horizon took over, they have moved more toward profit and RTR is where that is. More bashers than racers and RTR works for best for basher. It is possible that they will pull through and be able to get back into the full race mode in the future. Only time will tell.

The JRXS and JRXS R are both excellent vehicles. XXXCR and XXXTCR both seem to work. Associated hasn't comeout with any new 1/10th for some time either. B4s and T4s are still very competitive so no need to move further.

Both companies are still doing some development but more on demand. With new 4 and 2 wheelers coming out (Hot Bodies, Academy, etc), sooner or later the rest will catch up and new kits will be needed.
Old 05-24-2008, 06:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (99%+)

Originally Posted by nutz4rcyktw
There has been no indication that it is even close to production. Losi is in the RTR mode at this time. Since Horizon took over, they have moved more toward profit and RTR is where that is. More bashers than racers and RTR works for best for basher. It is possible that they will pull through and be able to get back into the full race mode in the future. Only time will tell.

The JRXS and JRXS R are both excellent vehicles. XXXCR and XXXTCR both seem to work. Associated hasn't comeout with any new 1/10th for some time either. B4s and T4s are still very competitive so no need to move further.

Both companies are still doing some development but more on demand. With new 4 and 2 wheelers coming out (Hot Bodies, Academy, etc), sooner or later the rest will catch up and new kits will be needed.
+1, very true and hopefully they will turn it around.

http://www.BulldawgRC.com
Old 05-24-2008, 12:15 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by nutz4rcyktw

horizon needs to realize that the losi name was a dominating force in the r/c racing...even though they do make alot of rtr...they need to concentrate just as hard to making pro kits.

it would be nice to see this electric 4wd buggy come into the game...looks nice and im sure will work awesome just because what losi does concentrate on they do well with it....just my 02
Old 05-24-2008, 12:25 PM
Nik
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think if they were to make a new buggy on the jrx platform it would already be out.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by morris
that looks about what i imagined it would...lol

looks great...anybody know whether they going to produce the buggy?
That pic is 3 years old.
Old 05-24-2008, 04:15 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by K_King
That pic is 3 years old.
what did they make this chassi design before the touring car version...either way...i think it looks good...

if they were to make it i would buy it.....lol
Old 05-25-2008, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by morris
what did they make this chassi design before the touring car version...either way...i think it looks good...

if they were to make it i would buy it.....lol
It's based off of the on-road so it wouldn't handle bumps very well (XXX-4).
Old 05-25-2008, 09:28 AM
Tech Champion

Isn't the BJ4 also based on an on-road car? It seems to run off road pretty well.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:29 AM
Nik
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by annie_himself
It's based off of the on-road so it wouldn't handle bumps very well (XXX-4).
the bj4 was based off the t3.

How can you say that the xxx4 cant handle bumps because it has the same chassis as the xxxS? The suspension is completely different, and just like the bj4, it uses many 2wd buggy parts. I know for a fact you dont own a xxx4 and to make a statement like that is just wrong IMO
Old 05-25-2008, 03:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

On a smooth high bite track a XXX4 would be very fast. On a rough track the XX4 is king. The car is built for rough track racing.
Old 05-25-2008, 04:11 PM
Tech Adept

it would be nice to see losi bring a good race 4x4 into the fastly growing 4x4 scene. it would just help make it stronger. me paersonaly i think losi is just heading toward being a magor toy company.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.