R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   new pack of gp3300's (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/22270-new-pack-gp3300s.html)

xxxtracer32 08-02-2003 10:17 PM

new pack of gp3300's

just picked up a new pack of gp3300's and had a couple of questions

what do you normaly charge at? with my sanyo 3000hv's i charge at 6amps with a cut off of 4mvs per cell. to get the most of these gp's would i charge the same?

what about cell shrink wrap?

and what battery bars do you use? on my 3000's i used the deans and they are a snug fit.

zxracing 08-03-2003 10:39 AM

Re: new pack of gp3300's

Originally posted by xxxtracer32

what do you normaly charge at? with my sanyo 3000hv's i charge at 6amps with a cut off of 4mvs per cell. to get the most of these gp's would i charge the same?

and what battery bars do you use? on my 3000's i used the deans and they are a snug fit.

GP3300's do well being charged at 5-6 amps. 6 amps will generally give you a little more voltage with a little less runtime and 5 amps gives more runtime w/ less voltage. Although unless you're running 7+ minute mains, you shouldn't have a runtime issue.

Cell shrink wrap is completely optional (assuming the cells still have their factory shrinkwrap underneath the label). It does help protect the label from wearing off, but some people also feel that it traps more heat.

I've had good luck w/ using the Deans 2.0 bars.

Randy Caster 08-03-2003 01:01 PM

I am charging my GP3300's at 6.5 amps, and peaking them at 7 for stock racing. Provides plenty of punch, and runtime is not an issue, usually get around 9-10 mins.

xxxtracer32 08-03-2003 02:42 PM

thanks for the reply.

ive been useing the deans bars and they are a tight fit in my xxxt chassie. are all the bars the same?

zxracing 08-03-2003 05:57 PM

thanks for the reply.

ive been useing the deans bars and they are a tight fit in my xxxt chassie. are all the bars the same?

No, the different bars have different offsets for use with different cells. The offsets affect how far the bar sticks out from the battery and vary due to variations in the configuration of the positive and negative poles of different brands of cells.

The Deans 2.0 works well w/ the GP3300's, but the 3.0 works better w/ the Sanyo 3000s.

They are a very tight fit in the XXXT, but if you're still having problems, you can always file down the battery holder a little bit.

Fast buggy 08-03-2003 08:21 PM

Re: new pack of gp3300's

I charge my 3300's at 6amps with the voltage threashold set at 7mv per cell

xxxtracer32 08-04-2003 06:39 PM

for the bars i went to my lhs and looked at all the diffrent bars, now i know what your talking about. my friend that i race with used orion bars with his so ill be trying those.

thanks for the info, any more suggestions would be great.