R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 05-17-2008, 01:54 PM   #31
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Mister-T View Post
In term of aspect, yes the Slash is the closest of what you wan't, but about jump handling, honestly I can't tell.

I would suggest you to wait a little and let "other" people be the guinea pig to know if the car worth it or not.
alright im goin to get my gas one workin until it comes out and get reviews etc.

one question about my rc10gt, the truck is fine, but my glow plug charger died on me, and i have a 1.3 (i think) battery for the igniter. do they have quick chargers for those, because it takes 10+ hours to charge and its just too ridiculous.
IMonCRACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 04:32 AM   #32
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by IMonCRACK View Post
the thing is i dont want to spend more than 500 on this.
If you buy a truck or a buggy for less than $500.00 total, and then treat it to big jumps and alot of laps on a bmx track you are going to spend more time repairing it than running it. Not to mention the next $500.00 in parts.
macr0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:23 AM   #33
Tech Rookie

You have asked about 5 different vehicles and you have only gotten opinions from just a handful of people. Pretty much you have narrowed it down to a couple of vehicles i suggest you look those up because there are a few of them that have there own tread dedicated to them on here or other websites and just go through and read what people have said about them what problems they have had and such, because asking opinions people will just say yes its good or not its crap but you need to go through and find out why that is. Im still looking for a car for myself i asked for peoples opinions and got a bunch of answers and what im doing now is looking for threads and just going through and reading them not even posting to see what people are saying about them i would suggest you do the same. Then make your desicion
jrstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:50 AM   #34
Tech Addict
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

My suggestion is to get what you want. Then go from there. However I would stay away from traxxas--they are not race cars, and if you want to run normal tracks as well, you will want a race car. If you are doing big air with downhill landings I would suggest a 4wd buggy. Simply put, you can manipulate a 4wd better in the air than you can a 2wd. And I have no problems sending my b44 25' through the air, albeit it is only 5-6' at the max off the ground, but if you have a down hill landing (backside of the double, triple or quad) you can get 10' high without any problems. Problems only arise on how you land. And any car can land bad, it is all about how you drive it.

Here is a story;
2 years ago we had a double jump in the middle of our front straight. The jumps were 2' high and 15' peak to peak. With my bj4 I used to have people stand on the second jump, and jump over their heads. And since I was clearing the second jump by a whole lot, I was even landing flatland. Yet I was able to do this regularly without incident (so long as there was no wind). However we ended up taking the jumps out. Too many stadium truck guys were complaining that they broke too many parts on it.

What is the morale? Any car can break on jumps, it is all up to the driver to be able to land it right. And since a 4wd is a little easier manipulated in the air it is easier to land right, but it is also easier to break if landed wrong. So get what you want, and learn to drive it.
trilerian is offline   Reply With Quote