Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ryan Cavalieri in RCCA interview.

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 11:25 PM
Tech Legend

Default No Ryan

Maybe it just cus he`s always at the track ....
Old 05-17-2008, 05:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SQC049
I don't have a problem with the fact that he makes his living racing and that people getting in his way costs him money, he has every right to complain.

I just don't think that an interview in RCCA is the right forum to air a complaint like that. It tends to alienate you from the "common man".
How many of you feel someone were you work are affecting your pay? Or feel you should be making more money that someone else you work with? It is no different, RC racers just have different offices or locations.

Ryan (and all other drivers) are sponsored for a reason and it is not just one reason. I know some factory guys as well, and I have NEVER had a problem receiving info. Both products I do and do not use.

For all the people that want to complain aboujt factory drivers, do you never look up setups and use setups they run? Sure ya do, because they are fast.

Reading it and hearing it come from his mouth are two different things, he could have been lauging while saying it. You NEVER get the "emotional tone" of a conversation in emails, posts, or in any other print.

The street can go two ways, someone can refuse to do a interview because they know there words can be taking wrong and they are labeled "stuck up"

Who cares if he is home schooled, there are MANY others that are as well and are successful in there field of work. I think some just are jealous they dont make the money he does.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

I wasn't going to post in this thread again, but it is slow at work today...haha

Almost EVERYBODY is missing the point of the thread.

Ryan made some statements that could be (and were) taken in many different contexts in a very public media form that could have been worded a bit more professionally (as this is his profession). It isn't about disputing his talent and personality on/at the track.

IMO a lot of the guys making a living in RC have not experienced enough of this type of stuff (interviews and public eye stuff) and perhaps don't know how to handle and approach it quite yet. I personally believe that disclosing any type compensation (especially throwing out any dollar figures) does not belong in any type of public statements and that is why the interview struck me as odd.

Chalk it up to it being an experience to learn from.

Now everyone go racing!
Old 05-17-2008, 11:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Maybe he wont chime in cause hes to buis. Being an engineer with his digital watch.
Old 05-17-2008, 01:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

RB FIVE .Is a jack ASS
Old 05-17-2008, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Guys, give Ryan a break..

At the Cactus Classic this year, he was in a qualifying heat with one of our locals who, lets just say, was WAY out of his league with the motor he was running and unfortunately, got tangled with Ryan by literally slicing off the top end of Ryan's buggy.

Ryan was on a TQ run.....

And yes, Ryan did well in that class and never said a word to the local driver who ruined his run.

My opinion of Ryan changed that day from my experiences with him at several races I've attended where he's racing.

He's a good kid. He really doesn't deserve this thread or the bashing he's taking because he said something that was completely misconstrued in print.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:03 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by gweed
Maybe he wont chime in cause hes to buis. Being an engineer with his digital watch.
U Know ?
I never could program one of those things ?
Old 05-17-2008, 10:14 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Time to give the kid the benefit of the doubt!!

Old 05-17-2008, 11:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

yea george is right, maybe hes getting faster rather than blabbering on the internet?

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Old 05-18-2008, 03:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beez
I agree. I never finished high school but I run my own brain surgery clinic in my basement. I've been doing it for years and I bet I'm a better brain surgeon than anyone with a GED.

I'm saving up for a laser eye surgery machine.

ROFLMAO !!!!!!!!

Perhaps it is a combination of my lack of sleep and general stress plaguing my life at the moment, but I found that post to be exceptionally funny
Old 05-19-2008, 07:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
Guys, give Ryan a break..

At the Cactus Classic this year, he was in a qualifying heat with one of our locals who, lets just say, was WAY out of his league with the motor he was running and unfortunately, got tangled with Ryan by literally slicing off the top end of Ryan's buggy.

Ryan was on a TQ run.....

And yes, Ryan did well in that class and never said a word to the local driver who ruined his run.

My opinion of Ryan changed that day from my experiences with him at several races I've attended where he's racing.

He's a good kid. He really doesn't deserve this thread or the bashing he's taking because he said something that was completely misconstrued in print.

Dawn you better stop posting things that make sense! They will start a thread about how you might be the mother of his love child or that you ate a box of spiders
Old 05-19-2008, 09:50 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i think it is time for this to end.

dawn has made a very nice post, and we should leave it at that.