Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New here and Help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 06:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Default New here and Help!

My boys and I have just gotten into RC offroad. We purchased a couple of Duratrax Raze Truggies. On the first car steering is very sluggish(not crisp and quick like when first running car). Brakes do not seem to work at all like there is not enough power to stop or hold the car coming from the Servo.

Now on the second car it was working great until today when the servo went almost all the way around when we turned on the radio. Looks like it went way past where is should and the linkage wasnt adjusted right. Now it wont work at all.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin
Old 05-14-2008, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Servos don't generally get weak, they usually break off teeth and fail completely. I'd suspect your receiver pack is weak or needs recharging in the first truggy.

Your second car may have suffered the broken teeth symptom, but it sounds like you may simply have your steering or throttle reversed on the radio, causing it to center incorrectly when you turn it on. Between kids and transport the radio settings can easily get messed up.

You'd probably get better advice and response posting in the Nitro off-road forum.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

RC DAD is on target. There might be an issue with the linkage on the brakes not being set up correctly. If it is not right, you might have locked brakes or no brakes. Check the set up manual and verify the set up. Weak receiver batteries are responsible for many such issues. At worst case if you don't have fail safe, weak receiver pack = run away and loud ugly crashes. Be careful.