Wiki Posts
Search

LRP vs. Novak Brushless in T4?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 11:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JLinney
I have a MM5700 in my FT T4 and MM6900 in FT B44 and they are very smooth and very powerful. The 6900 is a little much for me and my driving skills but still very controllable and don't forget the endless tuning options. They will only be legal in modified class unless you run a sensored motor though.
about the only races i know where they are illegal are roar sanctioned races. most tracks and other race orgs. allow the Castle motors.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:22 PM
Tech Master

The thread is about LRP vs Novak in a T4!

I don't see where Mamba is even in the thread! Please stick to the topic!
Old 05-09-2008, 05:49 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Craps
The thread is about LRP vs Novak in a T4!

I don't see where Mamba is even in the thread! Please stick to the topic!
Its not but you always see fit to post stuff on Castle threads so please enlighten the poor guy on what the difference in his post vs what you post on Castle threads?
Old 05-09-2008, 06:41 AM
Tech Regular

From what I've seen in truck racing here, most people were running LRP stuff, few Speed passion, and there is still many racer with brushed motor as well (mostly due to feeling and handling)
Old 05-09-2008, 07:29 AM
Tech Rookie

you guys can keeps spilling out information on all of them, and i'll just try to soak it up! I originaly wanted an lrp system but I may have to rethink that. I've only got one track within 75 miles of me so i'd prolly spend more time hitting jumps in my yard and racing cars down university dr. than racing. If anyone wants to set up a track in Fargo, ND I'll help when I can!
Old 05-09-2008, 09:02 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by Craps
Here is pictures of my T4 with a Novak GTB without the fan and Novak 7.5L motor with an 8000 mah li-po that finished 2nd in a 30 minute main to another Novak powered truck at a RC Pro Series Race in Florida!

That cap probably isn't doing much of anything on those long leads. They work best when the leads are as short as possible, that's why we solder them directly to the posts.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:20 AM
Tech Master

There is nothing wrong with Castle Creations. Castle has been making brushless controllers longer than both Novak and LRP. You can't go wrong with any of the controllers from these manufacturers. I prefer the LRP though.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 96chev
I would like to beable to have reverse for playing around so the castle is good for that. How smooth is it? Do any of the sphere esc's have a reverse mode?
CRAPS the OP of this thread asked about castle didn't they? it is also not a conspiracy to mention other products. Even if it were it is still even less of a conspiracy than BASHING and twisting a product into looking like it cant be raced nation wide when in fact it is probably allowed at far more races and race tracks than it is not allowed.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:05 AM
Tech Addict

You'll be fine with any of the ESC's talked about in here, but make sure before you buy that you at least take a look at the Speed Passion GT. It comes with a tuner box that you plug directly into the ESC so that you can program with a digital display instead of blinking lights.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:27 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by beez
You'll be fine with any of the ESC's talked about in here, but make sure before you buy that you at least take a look at the Speed Passion GT. It comes with a tuner box that you plug directly into the ESC so that you can program with a digital display instead of blinking lights.
One of the nicest new sensored setups. More updated than most others. The tuner box is very nice and super easy to use.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wyd
One of the nicest new sensored setups. More updated than most others. The tuner box is very nice and super easy to use.
I actually didn't mind when my GTB died because I was looking for an excuse to buy the Speed Passion.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Its not but you always see fit to post stuff on Castle threads so please enlighten the poor guy on what the difference in his post vs what you post on Castle threads?
I think he is being sarcastic, pretty much repeating what was posted in the other mamba thread...lol.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BSS07
if you want to just fool around on the street, mamba max 5700 all the way
Originally Posted by JLinney
Mamba Maxx will get it done on the track also. Don't let anyone make you think MM is just for bashing.
He used to race with a mambe max cheif !
Old 05-10-2008, 04:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
He used to race with a mambe max cheif !
I think it's chief and good for him. Possibly persuaded by the old software, huh?
Old 05-10-2008, 05:41 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
I think he is being sarcastic, pretty much repeating what was posted in the other mamba thread...lol.
Hey come RB I just asked a legit question. We don't see everything the same but hell we do both like to race.

Besides I would run the LRP brand and have many times in the past with no problems ever. I don't run brands that give me problems and over 25 years only one brand of esc's has done that and I don't use them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.