Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mamba max vs. sidewinder

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 08:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

the new software smooths out the take off no more cogging here but u also need halfway decent batterys 2 i run 4200 packs and have no problems
Old 05-06-2008, 10:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
I always found NY to have the best drivers and guys that know more than anyone in the country.
Yea cause that's what i said ....... Do you comprehend what you read.....

Originally Posted by glassdoctor
Replies like that don't make you sound smarter or better than anyone else. Just seems like another example of an arrogant east coaster who doesn't know what's west of Philadelphia.

Yes... there are some really good drivers at some of the midwest races believe it or not. And yes.. some full ride sponsored guys too.

I suppose all AE drivers are stupid? It's somehow their fault they have had a motor cog and take out the speedo with it? Call AE and ask them about it. It's not a geographical problem.

And the guys who have run Novak speedos for 20 years... and have had a GTB smoke on the first run? Yeah... never heard that happen before... so why did Novak have to make a fix for this?

I run several brands... I'm not biased. I like my LRP. I like my SP GT. I like my Mamba. I ran a GTB at a big race this winter (borrowed) and it ran awesome too. Honestly... if you can't get any of these to work, something is wrong.

But this is a Mamba/Sidewinder thread. Sorry.. I had to say something in reply to an idiotic post making fun of guys I race with and respect.

The point is, results like D.A. had in StLouis show the Castle stuff obviously can compete with the mighty orange and blue. If it sucked like the haters say, the guy could not have TQ and won a race like that with plenty of other good drivers.

It just kills the team orange guys
What !!!

Was i trying to sound smarter ?? did i say i was ?? Did i say AE drivers are stupid ? I drive a AE... and thinking bout another soon. Did i call myself stupid........

So i am another example of a arrogant east coaster ? So everyone on the east coast is arrogant ? Little biased don't you think.......

Did i mention a specific coast or region being inferior or unruly ?

I never said a mamba blows up but you are so quick to say a novak or lrp does. Sure your not biased.

You obviously don't comprehend your reading either.

Originally Posted by camshaft
Hey RB Five, sorry you feel the way you do. Too bad you cant say anything in a professional manner though. I like all the systems out there. They all have thier good points and bad points. Lets just keep this thread on topic, ok?

cam
all i said is i am sorry that guy bought that.

You all are so defensive of you mamba esc's. Keep on doing what you want but i wouldn't solely suggest one to all the guy's that pop on here so they can save a buck and then say lrp/novak blow up and cog.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:30 AM
Tech Regular

RB5

you come in insulting the threadstarters choice, then continue on to go way off topic about how the MM sucks as an esc

who pissed in your wheaties this week?
Old 05-06-2008, 02:23 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
Yea cause that's what i said ....... Do you comprehend what you read.....

What !!!

Was i trying to sound smarter ?? did i say i was ?? Did i say AE drivers are stupid ? I drive a AE... and thinking bout another soon. Did i call myself stupid........

So i am another example of a arrogant east coaster ? So everyone on the east coast is arrogant ? Little biased don't you think.......

Did i mention a specific coast or region being inferior or unruly ?

I never said a mamba blows up but you are so quick to say a novak or lrp does. Sure your not biased.

You obviously don't comprehend your reading either.

all i said is i am sorry that guy bought that.

You all are so defensive of you mamba esc's. Keep on doing what you want but i wouldn't solely suggest one to all the guy's that pop on here so they can save a buck and then say lrp/novak blow up and cog.
I can't because I'm from NY. If you love your Novak/LRP stuff so much go to those threads. Its a thread for Castle products.

I guess it would be ok to go to the Long Island thread and post all kinds of crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-08-2008, 07:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hoping to get my Sidewinder and 4600 in the mail today. I'll be running it in a B4 with 81 spur, anyone know what pinion would be a good starting point?
Old 05-08-2008, 07:53 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by retat
Hoping to get my Sidewinder and 4600 in the mail today. I'll be running it in a B4 with 81 spur, anyone know what pinion would be a good starting point?
19 or 20 would be a good starting spot.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

O.K thanks, i'll let you guy's know how it goes.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

trdsupra88 you got pm.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I picked up a sidewinder 5700 for my 4wd elec off road and a GTB 17.5 for my stock onroad.

I like that the leads on the sidewinder allow for the motor to swap out easily.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Default mm

MAMBA MAX! programable stuff included, runs cooler, takes more abuse form my 4s lipo.