Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Petition for AE to build a 4wd buggy

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2003, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Below are the links to the 2 current AE 4WD TC3 hybrids that AE drivers actually use to compete against the Losi XXX-4, Schumacher CAT, and Yokomo in the 4WD Class:

TCR-"O" -

http://www.rcproductdesigns.com/

DURANGO -

http://www.durango.rc10.de/v2/eng/index.html

Both have performed very well in Big races. A couple of AE drivers in England use the TC3"O" while the AE drivers in America and Australia use the Durango. Ari Bakla (an AE driver) recently won both the 2WD and 4WD Nationals in Australia using the B4 and DURANGO respectively. Here is more info on it from AE as well (it's the 2nd race report where you can click and see both his winning cars) -

http://www.rc10.com/homepage/news_racereports.htm

With the success of both the DURANGO and the TC3-"O", it would not take much more R&D for AE to produce it's own 100% AE 4WD Buggy. With the DURANGO - Mark Pavidis Limited World's Edition, it is clear that Mark Pavidis believes in the Durango. He would definitely not lend his name to a mediocre product. Furthermore, AE has a very unique relationship with Gerd Strenge (the German designer of the DURANGO) who provides the AE team with their 4WD cars. Gerd even flys out with a few guys from Team Durango to Big races to technically support and compete with the team. They were there for the Cactus Classic and will be there for the Worlds. I would even propose that Gerd Strenge be made part of the AE R&D Off-Road team.

Both kits do cost quite a bit more than their competitors which is probably what is keeping them from being more common at the tracks. Though 4WD isn't big in the U.S., I am told it is quite popular in Europe and Australia. If AE comes out with a direct competitor to the XXX-4 and continues it's rivalry with Losi in yet another racing class, it would no doubt encourage and increase interest back into a Fantastic Off-Road Class!

Last edited by STEALTH; 08-04-2003 at 01:24 AM.
Old 08-04-2003, 11:31 AM
Tech Master

Exclamation

Durango Mark Pavidis Edition is 1288?!?!?!? HOLY-
Old 08-04-2003, 06:34 PM
Tech Regular

if they build a 4wd do you think the class would take off her in the states?
Old 08-04-2003, 07:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I agree totally. It is like pulling teeth getting people to run their 4wd cars on race day. It is my favorite class and I would love to have more people to run with. If Associated came out with a RC104X4 the class would take off I think.
Old 08-04-2003, 08:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i have never had so much fun racing untill i got my losi xx4
its way to cool to see the buggy go exactly where you steer it (no more pushing)

i have a tc3-O on order so im looking to get that and trying it out, at least its an AE car and a whole lot cheaper then the durango, (there price is rediculous)

i sure hope the 4x4 class isnt dead cause its the funnest class i have been in so far!
Old 08-04-2003, 10:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Does Yokomo or Shumacher even make a 4x4 buggy any more?It`s like 1/12 people think their kewl but not enuff interest/support
Old 08-05-2003, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

Yokomo makes the MR4BC and Shumacher makes the Cat 3000. I had a Cat 3000 and it was a great car. The Yokomo MR4BC never really got popular. Who Knows, AE could make a 4x4, Schumacher could make a Cat with Mission drivetrain or something, and Losi Just released a new 4x4. The 4mod class could be the next big thing!!
Old 08-05-2003, 08:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

What I always liked about my XXX-4, is that unlike my T3, I could actually practice on outdoor tracks on non-race days when the track hasn't been watered. With the T3, anything over a stock motor and the dustiness would kill all traction. With the XXX-4, I could still run my 12 turn, as long as I was gentle on the trigger
Old 08-05-2003, 11:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Tamiya just introduced Neo Shot which is a whole lot better car compared to the Top Force era and Kyosho is working on a prototype belt driven car that looked like RS4 Pro 3 with buggy tires on it. We'll see what's going to happen.
Old 08-06-2003, 10:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by chorner
4wd electric? Bah .. I won't sign that, just because electric buggies suck haha, now if it were a 4wd Nitro 1/8 scale ... I'd be right in there!

... except for that fact that I don't think AE would be able to design a car that holds up for an entire 5 minutes haha

AE...compete with LOSI...oh this is a good one. Where'd you get this confident feeling? HAHA!

Old 08-12-2003, 11:53 PM
Tech Master

AE...compete with LOSI...oh this is a good one. Where'd you get this confident feeling? HAHA!
uh, i didnt get that one.... what was that meant to say?
Old 08-13-2003, 04:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally posted by thousandAnd1

Well, if it's an attempted bash at AE, it sorely failed. The only thing that was accomplished was proving ignorance to us and the rest of the world. Besides winning more IFMAR World's then any company on Earth, here are just a few recent facts with regards to AE's huge success:

The Count is now 4 Major International Off-Road Titles for the B4! 3 with primarily AE sponsored Drivers and another through Yokomo. 2 of the 3 three Drivers have the doubles in their respective country's Chamionships! Furthermore, Neil Cragg (2WD British Champ) took home both the European 2WD and 4WD Championships over in Austria this past weekend! (He only narrowly missed getting a Double in England when he ended a very close 2nd in the 4WD class). The B4 had Great results from the Japanese Off-Road Championships as well with a clean sweep of the top 3 spots!

Here are the Drivers, their Trophies, & their Rides! -

Ari Bakla - 2WD & 4WD Australian National Off-Road Champion! Associated B4 and the German designed AE TC3 Off-Road conversion - DURANGO -

Neil Cragg - 2WD British National Champion (BRACA) & 2WD European Champion using the B4! He won the 4WD European Champion using the Yokomo MR4-BC SPECIAL -

The JMRCA All Japan electric offroad championship was decided over the weekend at the world famous Yatabe Arena indoor track (with retractable roof!).

The most succesful Japanse driver, Masami Hirosaka, was not racing this year. First the 2wd qualifying was run followed by 4wd qualifying and then the finals in both classes on Sunday.

The race was a big success for Yokomo team driver Hiroshi Suzuki who won both classes. In 2wd he dominated with his Associated B4 buggy while in 4wd he won with his Yokomo MR4BC Special. -

With the recent success this year of Associated Drivers in the 4WD Class both in the U.S. and abroad, it is finally time for AE to "Get In Gear" and make a push for a 100% AE built 4WD Off-Road buggy! They have the R&D talent and a solid bassis to really produce a fantastic 4WD buggy (The Durango & TC3-"O" prove that). The class is finally starting to heat up with the recent success of the Durango and the Yokomo MR4-BC SPECIAL. It's no longer a hands down win for a Losi XXX-4 or the XX-4. The Big race events now have more variaty and hopefully there is a trickling down effect.... an effect that AE can take advantage of which in turn would further prop up this amazing class!

For the B4 and now T4, it's on to the ROAR Nationals next week then the World's in Florida come October!
Old 08-13-2003, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Speaking of the ROAR Mod Nat's, I have a feeling AE will sweep the place clean!!!! I've dumped a few pack at the host track and I can tell you, it will be a VERY good event for AE.
Old 08-13-2003, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

I'm saving for a XXX4, but if æ makes a 4wd buggy, I'll be right in there!
Old 08-20-2003, 06:33 PM
Tech Master

So, does anyone have any inside info? Is anyone at AE even considering building a real 4wheel drive buggy? Has this thread been seen by them? Anyone hear anything?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.