Community
Wiki Posts
Search

which one is better?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 09:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default which one is better?

I am going to get a 4wd buggy and i am torn between the b44 or the xxx4? what are the pro's and cons of these chassis?
Old 04-25-2008, 09:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default I'd get...

The B44 but thats just me.... I dont work for Associated, but I always liked their designs and heck they are world champs many times over and that speaks volumes in my book...
Old 04-25-2008, 09:59 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I would say of the two you listed, you probably would be better served with the B44.

The XXX4 is better suited for smooth tracks compared to other vehicles out there, and is not known to be the best on durability compared to other vehicles in general.

If you are a losi fan, you could consider giving the X5 from X Factory a look as it appears to combine the best of the XX4 with the best of the XXX4 into one vehicle.

Now if you are open to more options, there is a pretty good variety out there in 4wd from Academy, Kyosho, Tamiya, Yokomo, etc.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Same here. I think that the B44 and the J cocepts BJ4 are the ones to beet.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

+2
Old 04-25-2008, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

XXX4 is a smooth track buggy, breaks shock towers easily, and has issues with maintaining the tension on the belt. The XX4 is still a better all around buggy. If buying today, I would go B4 (parts availability), then BJ4 (very reliable), then Kyosho ZX 5.

X Factory X5 is sweet; but you must have a XX4 or XXX4 plus the conversion kit to build the car. Since you don't already have one, I didn't recommend it.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Don't forget about the Hot Bodies D4 World Championship Edition! You can find it for $360 at some online stores.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Lazer Zx-5 "sp" is awesome and accepts stick packs.

The losi xxx 4 is a great buggy and is usually in the the top three with the lazers at my track.

B44 is ok it looks pretty and is pretty tough but it breaks front shock shafts easy and rear upper decks and those are like 20+ dollars. Saddle only here.

All three of these cars are great. I have my preferences though too.

1.lazer zx-5 sp
2.losi xxx4
3.b44
4.501x

Those are the only 4wd's i have driven.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Ive had both and without a doubt the B44 is a superior buggy, the biggest noticable difference to me is how the buggies turn. My losi xxx4 would always push in the corners, the B44 actually turns when told. B44 hands down
Old 04-25-2008, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

The XXX-4 G+ is probably the easiest to drive because it has somewhat of a push in stock configuration. A oneway takes care of that though once you are ready for more steering and a more aggressive buggy. As for durability once you upgrade to the aluminum front and rear pivots the buggy is really as durable as most of the buggies out there. Requiring quite a good crash to break it. The belt drive on the XXX-4 is not problem, very free running, and last a long time when properly setup. I usually went through about a belt or two a season. Nice thing with the belt drive is the belt takes alot of the abuse that would otherwise be transfered to the drivetrain if it were a shaft drive. That makes the drivetrain last longer. The buggy is really good on smooth tracks and will handle moderately rough track ok. On really rough tracks you would want to either convert to an X-5 or get a XX-4. This is my opinon of course and based of my experience with this buggy.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Oooooh, here we go again. Another "mine is better than yours" thread.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i would go with the b44 hands down. i had the xxx-4 g+ that i just recently sold on ebay. it was great but i was ready for a new updated car as it was a few years old. great car though and you can go wrong with either car.

i just bought a b44. its put together with a bunch of upgrades already. i still need to install the electrics but i'm still deciding on what to put in it. but the quality of materials and stuff is really no comparison. the b44 just seems head and shoulders better in my opinion. also it just seems everyone is going towards the shaft driven cars for off-road. i can't wait to run this beast. here are some pics and you can see the quality of it. plus it just looks WAY cooler than all the other 4wd cars...

Old 04-25-2008, 06:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrplease
i would go with the b44 hands down. i had the xxx-4 g+ that i just recently sold on ebay. it was great but i was ready for a new updated car as it was a few years old. great car though and you can go wrong with either car.

i just bought a b44. its put together with a bunch of upgrades already. i still need to install the electrics but i'm still deciding on what to put in it. but the quality of materials and stuff is really no comparison. the b44 just seems head and shoulders better in my opinion. also it just seems everyone is going towards the shaft driven cars for off-road. i can't wait to run this beast. here are some pics and you can see the quality of it. plus it just looks WAY cooler than all the other 4wd cars...

NICE i like the blacked out theme with the anodized accents
Old 04-25-2008, 06:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

thanks! not near finished though...
Old 04-25-2008, 07:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Wow,
That B44 is quite a poser. Very nice!
Yeh, I'm a Losi fan.
4WD is just plain cool. You won't be disappointed with any of them.
Which one do YOU like?
What makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside?
I'd get that one, for me it's always been Losi.
Personal fave is the XX4, 10 years old or not.
Robbers and Truhe were drivin them to the front of the pro class just a little while ago.
So easy to drive fast in all situations.
Not really that much more fragile than any of the others and the parts are still available.
You're gonna break stuff on all of them, no question.
The power combos are there to make any of them fast as lightning.