Community
Wiki Posts
Search

broke my wheely king, HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 07:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Unhappy broke my wheely king, HELP!

okay well I like to drive my new WK i just bought it in maybe hmmm march and well i was driving it the otherday in soem snow because i live in alberta canada and well i was driving it and then it just stopped working so i tried to go in reverse and it worked but going forward doesnt work, stearing works, every thing works but going forward, and i was wondering if anyone knew how i could fix it or what it would cost for me to fix it
Old 04-25-2008, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

n0t a good idea man, snow and electronics don't work. like i say, would you drag your new lcd flatscreen and surround system in the snow and water? then why would you with an rc car. im not trying to make you feel bad but you should have bagged em up or seeled them. your esc is prolly your problem. this guy from my school has that problem but he just kicks it and it works again. we need to do some soldering. IT DEPENDS ON HOW MUCH YOU WOULD WANT TO SPEND. BUT I MIGHT BE WRONG SO LET'S HEAR WHAT THE OTHER PEOPLE HAVE TO SAY. BTW, CHECK ALL YER CONNECTIONS.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jordanAsimpson
okay well I like to drive my new WK i just bought it in maybe hmmm march and well i was driving it the otherday in soem snow because i live in alberta canada and well i was driving it and then it just stopped working so i tried to go in reverse and it worked but going forward doesnt work, stearing works, every thing works but going forward, and i was wondering if anyone knew how i could fix it or what it would cost for me to fix it
The best fix you can do is get an LRP AI sport Speedo, its completely water proof!! I have one in my Wheely King and I think its awesome! I would put a balloon around your receiver and if you are worried about your servo Traxxas makes a waterproof servo too!!! The speedo is only 39.99 and the servo is 29.99 at Tower Hobbies. Good luck and have fun in the SNOW!!!!!!!!!!

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKYX5&P=7

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTKL0&P=7
Old 04-26-2008, 09:14 AM
Tech Rookie

ok thanks you guys but are u sure thast whast wrong, i just wanna make sure because i dont wanna spend the money

and maybe, just maybe i would take a plasma tv out in teh water and snow, just kidding haha

but i like to do off roading with my truck, to the max!
and once again, thanks
Old 04-26-2008, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I would Call HPI and ask them about it, dont mention the "snow" If they can't help, take the cover off and look for burnt fet's. If speedo's boards are black or burnt I would send back to HPI under warrenty of think about getting a new Speedo.
Old 04-26-2008, 10:51 PM
Tech Rookie

ok thank you