Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AE T4 RS Race Spec RTR StadiumTruck

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 05:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Questions?? AE T4 RS Race Spec RTR StadiumTruck

I'm looking for a good race quality rtr truck. I saw this associated truck and wondered if any of you had it and could share some pros and cons. Or if you could tell if I'm making a good deal for $250. I was also wondering if this truck is truely tunable to meet race truck standards.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

you said race quality , didnt say if you are going to race , if its just to bash its a great deal and youll love it , but , if your going to race , its a team version not the factory team , no threaded shocks , no titanium turnbuckles , all of the electronics and radio youll be up grading , im not saying its bad , its just if your going to race and buy a kit youll know so much more about the truck after building it , my 2 cents , ray
Old 04-20-2008, 04:14 PM
Tech Initiate

what about the hpi firestorm flux? I will buy what ever I need for a truck just want to get a good truck that won't keep breaking down on me.

Yes I am racing.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:12 PM
Tech Master

if your racing , keep in mind im an AE guy , theres only 2 choices , associated and losi , go to any track you want to race at and thats all youll see , the one to buy is the one thats most poplar ( easier to get help ) and is the best supported with parts availbilty , as far as your other question i never heard of it , but , i only race , ray
Old 04-20-2008, 05:14 PM
Tech Master

oh and not meaning to be a smart azz , but i dont really crash much anymore so i very seldom break much , ray
Old 04-20-2008, 06:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks. One of the main reasons I'm asking is because I went to the RCX expo in pomona CA, and I saw a bunch of electric and nitro off road cars(main attraction). I previously owned a nitro truck and wanted an electric. So far associated and hpi i am liking alot. Probably because of their customer service help and parts availability.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I agree with what's been said. if you're going to race, buy a kit and build it up. It's going to cost you more up front, but it'll pay in the long run.

As far as which kit to buy... visit your local tracks and see what guys are running and get that. It'll probably be losi or Associated.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Well I went down to my local hobby shop and they specialize in traxxas, OFNA, Tamiya and especially HPI. I've heard about CEN and kyosho and I am deciding between HPI, Cen and Kyosho. Ive checked out their magazines and for kyosho i like the laser zx-5 sp, (Even though this is elctric forum) Cen's talon NX, and Hpi's E-firestorm. I do have a previosly owned nitro off-road truck and want a buggy.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:17 PM
Tech Master

Do you want a 2wd electric truck or a 4wd electric buggy? Losi and Associated are really the only race worthy electric trucks at this time. Now for 4wd electric buggies there are quite a bit of available buggies with the lazer zx-5 sp being one of them. Hpi also has one called the Hotbodies D4, Associated's has the B44, Losi has the XX-4 and XXX-4, Tamiya has the 501X and Durga, Jconcepts has the BJ4, Xfactory has the X-5, Tenth Tech has the Predator x-11, there are also a few more conversions that I cannot remember at this time.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

Go to your local track & see which electric class has the largest turn out(motor(stock or mod?), do they go by roar(if not then what rules(lipo & mambas allowed?). Then go & see which chasis is the most popular. You will be able to get setup help from others. Once you figure all of this out come back & we will be able to help you out a whole lot more in the selection of your competition lvl r/c car.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by party_wagon
Go to your local track & see which electric class has the largest turn out(motor(stock or mod?), do they go by roar(if not then what rules(lipo & mambas allowed?). Then go & see which chasis is the most popular. You will be able to get setup help from others. Once you figure all of this out come back & we will be able to help you out a whole lot more in the selection of your competition lvl r/c car.
Okay the lrgest turn motor is a 19T motor class(stock), they do run by roar rules and you can use any battery. Brushless motors are allowed they just have to be at the same level as the other 19T motors. Most guys at the shop I race at use brushless but there are a few who run 19T regular motors so they can compare themselves I guess.

I am looking at 4wd buggies because I already have a nitro truck(4wd) and want an electric off road racer. I wanted A buggy because I diidn't want a truck. And I already race my truck at my shop. Yes we race electric and nitro vehicles.

Last edited by quiksilver611; 04-22-2008 at 04:39 PM.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Hello
Old 04-22-2008, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

First off I doubt the 4wd buggy class at your track is a 19T class. It is more than likely mod as this class is usually mod by default. In 2wd buggy is is common to have a 19T class. You might be confusing 2wd buggy with 4wd buggy. If it is a 4wd that you want then something like the Kyosho zx-5 sp, Associated B44, or the Losi XXX-4 G+ is what I would look at. The Kyosho and Losi use stick packs instead of saddle packs which might be a deciding factor.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by quiksilver611
Hello
Ok in that class I would assume it's 2wd electric buggys.

You should NOT get a 4wd buggy to learn with. 2wd buggy or truck is best.

2wd buggy should porbably be the biggest class by the sound of it.

you have 4 choices here but.... they are all competitive.

to narrow it down find out they support team losi, Team associated, Kyosho (which i think you said they supported) or mrc/academy (which is most likely the least supported).

your choices are

Losi xxx cr or xxt-cr
Team Associated rc10b4 or rc10t4
kyosho rb5
academy gv-2

Those are the only real competition 2wd off road vehicles right now.

Previously mentioned about racing and the rtr's is the chassis is good but you will have to swap the motor for that class and will probably need better electronics as this is where you get what you pay for. This is why a kit is more ideal for competition.

I would not let this discourage you though because electric off road is easier then ever to get into then ever.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks now last question before I mow the lawn, should I get a kit or rtr? I don't have a radio, paint, servos or anything like that so it might be better to get a rtr what do you think? On the losi would it be best to get an individual cells or pack?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.