Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Am I the only disappointed Losi owner?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 10:10 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Am I the only disappointed Losi owner?

So a couple weeks ago I go to the largest local hobby shop around and want to get the XXX-4 G+ kit. Its the only kit that they basically don't have in stock. Special Order only. Thats fine, a weeks wait isn't too bad, give me time to get the rest of the car planned out and parts ordered. A week later the kit comes in and I'm ready to start putting it together. I get both diffs assembled and mounted on the chassis along with the belt and tensioner. Now is when things start heading south. When I try to tighten the belt the belt seems to be way to long or something. With the tensioner as tight as it will go, the belt still has massive slack. Also when I go to put the belt cover on the bottom of the chassis, the cover is about 1/2" inch longer then the slot its suppose to fit in. WTF? The next day I call up Losi and the tech guy tells me that I got the wrong Chassis, and he's sending out a new one. Well that's comforting at least. Also today I took a look at the kit again and realized that the body is the wrong one also. Not even close to the same shape as the xxx-4 chassis. So now here I sit 3 weeks into this thing and I have not got my chassis and also have the wrong body. HAS ANYONE ELSE RAN INTO THIS PROBLEM FROM LOSI BEFORE?

Last edited by yzracer758; 04-17-2008 at 10:20 AM.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Let's hear it for Horizon!

I weep for the Losi name.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

<- once again, glad he races Associated
Old 04-17-2008, 10:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

7 Losi kits and no problems for me.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

well, second to my lazer i think thats a one of the best 4wd cars going. stuff happens.

You be happy when you got it all sorted out.

I think if i ever bail on my kyosho's i would go with a losi.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Sounds like you got one half and half mixed up kit. Your best bet is to send the entire thing back and get an entire new one. Who knows what else is mixed up in your box.

Im not a losi fan and I dont own there products, but a mix up is a mix up. S*@% happens.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:02 AM
Tech Master

Are you sure you have it built correctly?
Old 04-17-2008, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

My last Losi kit had several issues including incorrect directions sheet. This stuff has happened more often since the change to Horizon control.

Good luck with the XXX4, I never got mine to work well on rough tracks.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've had several Losi trucks, buggies, and 4wds to include a XXX4G+ most recently. I've never had any issues with their kits. They are great products, like the 501X, MR4BX, and B44 that I also assembled and own. In fact, I'm not sure why more people aren't running them. The XXX series has always been extremely competitive. Bottom line, Losi makes great stuff.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

One of my parts bag was missing when I bought a XXX-4 G+ from the hobby shop. They had to contact Horizon and it took almost two weeks for it to come in, and my XXX-4 sat on the pit table with all the rear suspension components missing in the mean time. Other than that, I never had problems with other Losi kits/cars.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think these kinds of issues are probably happening all over the place. Out of personal experience my girlfriend went to build her B4 and found they put a set of T4 shock bodies in the kit and lets not get started about the top shaft quality. There was a kid that ran at my old local track whose Tamiya 501X kit had no central belt drive bearings included. My latest XXX-CR kit had the wrong front hinge pins included as well. The point being as as manufacturers look for cheaper and cheaper ways to distribute thier products amid growing competition we are going to see issues like this. I don't think this is an issue exclusive to Losi, just a sign of global manufacturing, distribution and sales.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:27 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by yzracer758
So a couple weeks ago I go to the largest local hobby shop around and want to get the XXX-4 G+ kit. Its the only kit that they basically don't have in stock. Special Order only. Thats fine, a weeks wait isn't too bad, give me time to get the rest of the car planned out and parts ordered. A week later the kit comes in and I'm ready to start putting it together. I get both diffs assembled and mounted on the chassis along with the belt and tensioner. Now is when things start heading south. When I try to tighten the belt the belt seems to be way to long or something. With the tensioner as tight as it will go, the belt still has massive slack. Also when I go to put the belt cover on the bottom of the chassis, the cover is about 1/2" inch longer then the slot its suppose to fit in. WTF? The next day I call up Losi and the tech guy tells me that I got the wrong Chassis, and he's sending out a new one. Well that's comforting at least. Also today I took a look at the kit again and realized that the body is the wrong one also. Not even close to the same shape as the xxx-4 chassis. So now here I sit 3 weeks into this thing and I have not got my chassis and also have the wrong body. HAS ANYONE ELSE RAN INTO THIS PROBLEM FROM LOSI BEFORE?
sounds like your kit had a xxx-s chassis in it. same basic chassis but it's about a half inch shorter, so your body, belt cover, and belt will all be too long.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yeah i have several Losi trucks and have had no probs with them, i would maybe take the advice and take the whole kit back and get another one.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Not sure what happened there but sounds like operator error to me. Instructions
Old 04-17-2008, 03:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I have owned XXX-4, XXX-4 G+, XXX BK2, XXX-T MF1 and a Losi 8ight and had no dramas.

So the XXX-S chassis was in there instead of the XXX-4?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.