R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 07-23-2003, 01:03 AM   #1
Tech Initiate
Default Is nitro that hard for begginers ?

can someone please tell me if nitro is really as hard as ppl say it is for begginers ? i want to get a nitro basher, just for parking lots, or a 1/8 buggy. is it hard to keep it in tune and running if i use it properly ?
Anthrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 04:53 AM   #2
Tech Elite

It's not easy, that's for sure.

For a total beginner, there's a lot to learn about R/C cars (radio gear, maintenance, driving style), and nitro engines just add to the complexity - at least with an electric, it's 99% guaranteed to run for a whole battery pack, with a nitro you have potential problems with breaking it in, starting it, keeping it running, cutting when you roll it, plus they're messier than electrics and you can't run them everywhere cos of noise and fumes. They do give more performance for your money though, especially the .21 powered cars and trucks.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 01:11 AM   #3
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Nitro rc cars do require a learning curve.

I made a lot of mistakes when I bought my first gas car in 1992.

That is why I wrote a free ebook about nitro rc cars, just to help beginners avoid the problems I encountered, and help them have fun with nitro cars.

The ebook can be downloaded at;

http://www.rccartips.com .

Go for it. So what if you make mistakes, the fun you get is more than enough to compensate for any nitro troubles you will encounter.
rccartips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2003, 12:24 PM   #4
Tech Master
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
Send a message via AIM to corvettecrazy

my first ever RC car/truck was nitro and I have to say it was really hard. I don't have a good hobby shop to go to or someone to turn to for advice so it made it a lot harder. that was until I saw a neighbor had one and he helped me out. now I find it much easier to have a nitro truck.

do you have someone to talk to and learn from??
corvettecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote