New Traxxas Slash 1:10 Electric CORR Truck

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Traxxas Slash 1:10 Electric CORR Truck

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 09:08 AM
Suspended

Talking AE.......................IS THE KILLER OF ALL!

POUNDITRACING,THAT IS A SICK PAINT JOB ON THAT SLASH. I HOPE YOU LIKE RUBBING WHEN YOUR RACING!
Old 09-17-2008, 09:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

I had a series of conversations with Novak when the Slash first came out. First, they couldn't find their XL-5 ESC for testing. Two weeks later finally got one and were able to replicate my problem (the problem of about 8 of my racers, too). They told me they would be doing a hardware revision and would send us a couple to test. No contact. I finally called Novak about a week ago... the story is now "it doesn't work with the Traxxas blue ESC and we're not fixing it." The tech cited some Internet "press release" as though I should have already known.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (99%+)

Originally Posted by POUNDITRACING
What up T.P.? You want some of this??!?!?!?!?!?
sick work bro!!
Old 09-17-2008, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pgaert
I had a series of conversations with Novak when the Slash first came out. First, they couldn't find their XL-5 ESC for testing. Two weeks later finally got one and were able to replicate my problem (the problem of about 8 of my racers, too). They told me they would be doing a hardware revision and would send us a couple to test. No contact. I finally called Novak about a week ago... the story is now "it doesn't work with the Traxxas blue ESC and we're not fixing it." The tech cited some Internet "press release" as though I should have already known.
boooo...
Old 09-17-2008, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

It is right at the top of ther home page...so it's not like they're hiding anything, they just didn't call you personally.

http://teamnovak.com/

http://teamnovak.com/tech_info/infor...tes/index.html

Old 09-17-2008, 09:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

I'm not claiming they're hiding anything. However, if they say they'll send me something one month and expect me to have looked on their site for information about it the next, that's crappy... so yes, I'm expecting them to call me personally when they say they'll call me personally.

I expect better customer service from a reputable and established company. First, their tech support hours suck. A few hours in the morning and a few more in the afternoon... who does that? Second, I've got this useless cutoff, since they can't or won't fix their issue. Third, I hate it when a company promises me something and doesn't follow through. All silly, I know.

My choice is not to buy any more Novak equipment. I've got one SS5800 system that still works, and when it goes I'll have nothing relevant that they made. That's MY choice.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I use the Novak Smart Stop without problems. I did recently move it into the receiver box and found that if you do not offset the setting button off the receiver and face it down so neither the receiver or top of the box press the button that it won't work. When I made sure the setting button wasn't pressed it work just like it did outside the box.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:29 AM
Suspended

I'm not claiming they're hiding anything. However, if they say they'll send me something one month and expect me to have looked on their site for information about it the next, that's crappy... so yes, I'm expecting them to call me personally when they say they'll call me personally.

I expect better customer service from a reputable and established company. First, their tech support hours suck. A few hours in the morning and a few more in the afternoon... who does that? Second, I've got this useless cutoff, since they can't or won't fix their issue. Third, I hate it when a company promises me something and doesn't follow through. All silly, I know.

My choice is not to buy any more Novak equipment. I've got one SS5800 system that still works, and when it goes I'll have nothing relevant that they made. That's MY choice.

Atten: Novak --- put pgaert at the top of your call list and check in with him daily, make sure and extend your call hours if only for him or better yet install a hotline just for his use, he demands satisfaction. After all he has one whole LVC and an older super stock bl system he bought from you. I mean you can't possibly have any other customers .
Old 09-17-2008, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

If it makes you feel better about the slight, PM me your number and I'll call you for them.

I'm sure that the Post-it Note that said "Call 'pgaert' as soon as we figure out the issue with the blue Traxxas ESC" just fell off the file cabinet. Jeez...they posted it on the website for cryin' out loud. That's where most modern people would go first.

I guess they could call every person who had a problem...they did come on here and tell everyone about it...but they put it right out there on the homepage. That's pretty standup in my book.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:42 AM
Regional Moderator

Actually the text on their Website states "Novak is researching this issue to determine if an update can be made to the module or if a separate module can be offered for this application"

So, if the tech was correct that they aren't going to do anything, then they should state this on the "press release", as well as offer refunds to those that bought it for this application.

http://www.teamnovak.com/tech_info/i...tes/index.html
Old 09-17-2008, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
So, if the tech was correct that they aren't going to do anything, then they should state this on the "press release", as well as offer refunds to those that bought it for this application.
That's fair. They should update that bulletin if that's where they are now.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Why do people keep trying to get that garbage novak module to work?Just buy a trinity pack problem solved.LOL
Old 09-17-2008, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedemall
Why do people keep trying to get that garbage novak module to work?Just buy a trinity pack problem solved.LOL
Maybe because they already have lipos and don't feel like going out and spending more on another lipo battery.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedemall
Because I've heard the Trinity pack will "cut-out" early under strain even though its fully charged.

AcadDude - you are one of the lucky ones. If yours works, then it's worth it's weight in gold.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

i use a trinity ref 4500 pack for racing and have never had a problem with it. it has never cut out once

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.