What Electric Truck should I get

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Electric Truck should I get

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 08:10 AM
Tech Adept

I would go for an E-Maxx. If you are just bashing, this truck is for you. It can take a pounding. Has highly water resistant electronics and you really have to TRY to break it. Just my .02
Old 04-15-2008, 07:10 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Since you are coming from a miniLST you will probably want something with 4wd.

The new Emaxx looks to be a good vehicle, and another you could consider is the E-savage. You could also give that new Slash traxxas stadium truck a look too.

If you want to get really creative and cost isn't that much of an issue, you could also look into doing a brushless conversion or some fo the popular 1/8 scale buggies or truggies. They by there nature are extremely durable, and if you don't like to mess with nitro, an electric conversion will give you lots of runtime and depending on gearing a whole lot of speed too. It is more costly though, but when compared directly to a nitro counterpart (TonyScrews did a comparison), actually works out as a wash in many ways. Also, you don't have to mess with tuning a nitro engine (can't stress that enough!)

Another good thing is that Castle creations will soon have there Monster Max ESC with motor out for about $300. Considering the motor is based on a Neu design and Neu's run about $230 just for the motor, pretty good deal.

If it wasn't for my MBX5-E conversion, I would have probably been at the point of getting out of RC all together. Its just that much fun which is why I am going with another conversion (converting an RC8) since I am an AE guy by heart.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

get a t4 you never know what bashing can turn into