R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   REGION 9 REGIONAL RACE ???????? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/216060-region-9-regional-race.html)

mrcdub 04-07-2008 03:53 PM

REGION 9 REGIONAL RACE ????????

Hey guys I know it's been some years since we have had a REGION 9 regional race. What do you think about trying to have one this year..Mikes hobby shop is willing to host it if he gets the ok from roar. It will probably be for onroad and offroad combined... OKLAHOMA, AUSTIN, SAN ANTONIO, HOUSTON, DALLAS, LOUISIANA and WHOEVER ELSE IS IN THIS REGION.......WE NEED SOME FEEDBACK
This is, if not, the best facility in Texas.

here's a link to the facility check it out:

http://mikeshobbyshop.com/

THANKS

Racerx336 04-07-2008 05:28 PM

I am in!

Elkewlbeanz 04-07-2008 08:21 PM

When you say years, you mean onroad right? We hosted the ROAR Region 9 Electric Offroad Championships last year at GEARS Club in Harlingen, TX. There had'nt been a race like that in years prior to that. The location is crucial for turn-out to be decent. It'd be cool to have both onroad and offroad at the same time.. I'd imagine it'd have to be at least a 3 day event. It'd be nice to have it setup for this summer! Let us know.

-Ruben

mrcdub 04-08-2008 05:46 AM

Elkewlbeanz-I was talking about for offroad, but you are right I forgot about that region 9 race. We could not make it because it was so far south. This location would be in a neutral zone for everybody. So the turn out would be nice. How many people showed up last year for the region 9 regionals?

Cedric

beeanner 04-08-2008 08:36 AM

Cedric,

Im in! For both, onroad and offroad. Any chance it could be in August, September? Sometime other then 120* temps would be nice :) Mikes place would work for me.

Glen

DavidAlford 04-08-2008 08:48 AM

Two regionals, one weekend, a deli, good times, central location, Winghouse and twin peaks, yep I'm down.

BillyCaldwell 04-08-2008 08:48 AM

If its where I could make it schedule and money wise, it would be cool to run.

mrcdub 04-08-2008 01:41 PM

Glen-if the turnout seems to be worth having,meaning since electric offroad racing has been on a decline, he would want to have it in October. We need more feedback from other cities.

Thank you all for your replies and please continue to help spread the word so we can make this happen.

Cedric

DavidAlford 04-08-2008 01:48 PM

Offroad isn't on the decline. Racing in general in region 9 is on the decline. Something has to change to get everyone interested around here again.

Elkewlbeanz 04-08-2008 08:11 PM

We had 32 entries if I'm not mistaken.. it was a bit low but we had fun! Most guys were from San Antonio, Corpus, and 1 from Houston.. I believe it it had been in a more central location, the turnout would've been better. I agree that racing should be on the INCLINE now that LiPos are ROAR legal. The problem is that our region is too big!.. Oklahoma and Texas... Texas alone is too damn big!!! I honestly think it should be divided somehow. Anyways.. I'm in no matter where it is.. a central location would assure a good turnout and some good competition. Keep us informed!

-Ruben:cool:

mrcdub 04-08-2008 08:11 PM

David-You are right region 9 has declined a lot in electric offroad. Any suggestions on what can we do as racers.
Elkewlbeanz- I will keep you informed..where are the guys from San Antonio and Houston?

BSS07 04-08-2008 08:18 PM

just wanted to say that mike's hobby shop looks sick, i saw your track on this rocket show...haha

DavidAlford 04-09-2008 08:18 AM

We tried moving Oklahoma to region 8, but nothing ever really became of that.

mrcdub 04-10-2008 07:38 AM

Are there any other cities in the region 9 that would like to participate in making this happen?

BillyCaldwell 04-10-2008 07:40 AM

The only electric offroad track I know of in Oklahoma is Enid, unless ACR gets their track put back in. I guess there are a few more down in Texas. I know of one in Austin, but I have never been there.