Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MAXAMPS LIPO PACKS

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 12:15 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by OG RC 10T
They are not that big of a company, compaired to what is out there and word of mouth is the best advertising.
Traxxas is not that big of a company? Compared to who? And like noted, this is not what many, if not most, of us consider word of mouth advertising.

And to be fair, I'm not questioning the quality of their product or their support. Just their marketing tactics.

As someone who is sooo sick and tired of spam, now they want all of their customers to clog up all of the forums, well forget about it. Unless it's limited to the Commercial forums, they are there for a reason folks.

Never ever will I buy from them, and I will gladly share my own "word of mouth" opinion.

Last edited by Dave H; 04-06-2008 at 12:29 PM.
Old 04-06-2008, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I never mentioned Traxxas, and max amps is not a large company. If you absolutely need me to name drop a large company I can always say Associated or Novak.

Your gripe should be directed towards them, not me.

It dosnt matter to me who you buy from, or who you dont and or for whatever your reasoning is. My post was not directed at you or anyone for that matter.

If you dont agree with what they did, tell them.

Originally Posted by Dave H
Traxxas is not that big of a company? Compared to who? And like noted, this is not what many, if not most, of us consider word of mouth advertising.

And to be fair, I'm not questioning the quality of their product or their support. Just their marketing tactics.

As someone who is sooo sick and tired of spam, now they want all of their customers to clog up all of the forums, well forget about it. Unless it's limited to the Commercial forums, they are there for a reason folks.

Never ever will I buy from them, and I will gladly share my own "word of mouth" opinion.
Old 04-06-2008, 01:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Thumbs up MAXAMPS

Well you guys call it what you want spamming or whatever. I have two maxamps packs, one 4000mah 7.4 and a 2000 mah 7.4 for the mini slider. Both of them are awesome. Twenty minutes run times in the mini slider keeps my son real happy. Plus racing two qualifiers and a main without recharging is nice. The 4000 pack is equally as good. I plan on buying more from them so say what you want, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Old 04-06-2008, 01:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave H

Dave, does an email from Maxamps really bother you? I like to get emails from companies about updated products and sales. I don't always read them, but RC interests me and so does saving money. I think we should all support companies like Maxamps; they're success is good for us. Competition with the big dogs like Trinity and others helps keep the prices in check and is good for the hobby.
Old 04-06-2008, 02:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Yeah, I think this causes more negative publicity than good.
They also gave the wrong web address for RcTech. RcTech.Com?
Old 04-06-2008, 03:20 PM
Tech Regular

paying someone to do a review that they wouldn't have ordinarily done in advertising is done often

but when it's done in a legitimate fashion, there is always a disclaimer in the ad that persons giving opinions have been paid by the vendor

it's not wrong to pay someone for a review, but it should be known who is being paid to make reviews that they wouldn't have done otherwise
Old 04-06-2008, 03:52 PM
Tech Champion

No, an email to a customer does not bother me. I am just expressing my opinion. An opinion apparently shared by several others. Perhaps that bothers some? I'm not even the guy that directed a sarcastic comment your way, but I will admit to laughing. You must have ESP my friend!

I only mentioned Traxxas because that's what my browser title bar says when I go to their web site. Is that in error?

My apologies if including a quote made it seem personal, that was not my intention. It's just that the comment seemed a little surprising, as they seem to me to be quite an established player, hardly a struggling little outfit, Traxxas connection or not. Please accept my best wishes.

Metla said it best, "And no, I don't support spammers, No matter how they try and muddy the waters."

Cheers!

Last edited by Dave H; 04-06-2008 at 10:15 PM.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

this is just this weeks weres my t-shirt , oh i mean max amps is great thread , ray , ps were are there cells made , oh i forgot its a secret
Old 04-06-2008, 10:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

my bj4 was and my b44 is running with lipos 5500 and after 2 years running them
during winter they still working like the first day without any issues...
Old 04-07-2008, 03:10 AM
Tech Adept

I don't think the marketing practices used by maxamps are sinister or unethical.
The interpretation of the free t-shirt offer by certain email recipients however...

How many people would receive that email? How many people actually spam message boards?

Aren't these people a more deserving target for your anger.

Originally Posted by Metla
This is spam.

No way in hell this could be termed a word of mouth recommendation.

And no, I don't support spammers, No matter how they try and muddy the waters.
^I used this quote for effect. The previous comments were directed generally, but this quote summed it up quite well. This thread was started as spam, it is a biased fanboy review (not even a review - just a comment) to try and get something free.
Spammers should NOT be rewarded or supported, obvious spam threads like this should be locked or deleted, at least IMO.

Last edited by Cornelius; 04-07-2008 at 08:47 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 04-07-2008, 04:24 AM
Tech Addict

Your talking to me?

Ok, I'm not angry, In any way shape or form, I am dismissive of a company for their marketing tactics. I'm not trying to convince anyone to follow suit, Go with whatever suits. I'll spend my money elsewhere, and call a spade a spade when I see fit.

And, While it maybe beyond your ability to comprehend, negative feedback on the way they do things is every bit as important to a company as positive feedback.

No doubt Maxamps are more then happy with this thread, Its generated plenty of discussion/views, and no one has actually bad-mouthed the products or service from the company.

And at what cost?, a half dozen T-Shirts.

The bigger picture, If everyone starts doing it our forums will be abused by commercial operators and their spam rather then be places for community discussion, and paying someone to write a positive review on a product and disguise it as genuine discussion is setting a poor precedent.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Metla, is that the picture from Dio?
Old 04-07-2008, 06:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Metla
Your talking to me?

Ok, I'm not angry, In any way shape or form, I am dismissive of a company for their marketing tactics. I'm not trying to convince anyone to follow suit, Go with whatever suits. I'll spend my money elsewhere, and call a spade a spade when I see fit.

And, While it maybe beyond your ability to comprehend, negative feedback on the way they do things is every bit as important to a company as positive feedback.

No doubt Maxamps are more then happy with this thread, Its generated plenty of discussion/views, and no one has actually bad-mouthed the products or service from the company.

And at what cost?, a half dozen T-Shirts.

The bigger picture, If everyone starts doing it our forums will be abused by commercial operators and their spam rather then be places for community discussion, and paying someone to write a positive review on a product and disguise it as genuine discussion is setting a poor precedent.
+1

I have to wade through enough BS on this site. I don't need companies bribing kids with free t-shirts to make it any worse.

former MaxAmps Customer
Old 04-07-2008, 08:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Alltapdout
Metla, is that the picture from Dio?
yes it is, how do i know?
cos i have asked him the same question before
Old 04-07-2008, 08:13 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Guys,

Austin here with MaxAmps. To be fair and show both sides of this, here is my response to this issue:

When did a product review become "spam"? Does that mean that every product review by a sponsored driver is spam? They are getting their product for free so that must be spam also? I don't think so personally but based on your logic, that would be the case.

I would rather spend our advertising budget giving my customers a free T-Shirt than paying for a banner ad that pops up in their face on a forum with a sales pitch that we write. I think getting a customer’s reviews out there is a great way to get the word out about our product. If I could just pay all my customers to tell their friends about our packs and spend all my marketing dollars that way, I would. This is just like our membership program that increases your discount the more you spend with us. Better to give the money to the customers or the free products to the customers than to give it to an advertising agency, magazine, or online forum. At least that is the way I see it. If there is ever a review in a magazine or on a forum, chances are that the product was given to the customer or magazine for free. Right or wrong, that is the way it works. We get asked daily to give free products out in exchange for reviews in magazines, on forums, and on websites.

I am sorry that you feel like there is something wrong with this. I would love to hear more about why you think it is wrong. It never occurred to me that anyone would think negatively about a promotion like this… I can assure you that I am not one to do anything that could be construed as “shady or unethical”. I would love to talk more with you about why this could be seen in the negative way that you are referring to here.

Bottom line in my opinion... Giving your customers something back for their support is more ethical than paying for advertising in a magazine or on a forum. They are the ones who we want to take care of. They are the lifeblood of our company. If I am going to give anyone something for free, its my customers. In addition, for the record, we have never sent a "spam" email to anyone. They have all asked to receive our newsletter. If they want to stop receiving it, they can opt out at anytime with one click.

Best Regards,

Austin
CEO MaxAmps.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.