Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
CasterRacing- ZX-1 Pro Buggy(what are your thoughts?) >

CasterRacing- ZX-1 Pro Buggy(what are your thoughts?)

CasterRacing- ZX-1 Pro Buggy(what are your thoughts?)

Old 05-21-2006, 02:23 AM
Tech Addict

Default CasterRacing- ZX-1 Pro Buggy(what are your thoughts?)

Hey has anyone tried out the Caster ZX-1 pro? or seen it go?, ive been helping out with the promotion of the buggy since the early stages in 2005 and want to know if many people have had the chance to test drive or see it in action. check out the web site for the latest race info and check out the products on offer, www.casterracing.com and also anyone that owns one of these cars come and join the caster owners club web site at http://groups.msn.com/CasterRacingAustralia/homepage
Old 05-21-2006, 06:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Their North American importer does not answer emails, so, I woudl have to assume it would be a nightmare getting any type of customer service, or even parts.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yeah, if you can't get parts you don't buy it. Mabye thats why you don't see much of them.
Old 05-21-2006, 05:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Looks VERY simialar to a Mugen.....Some parts might be compatible.....
Old 10-17-2006, 11:03 PM
Tech Addict

how about anyone else's thoughts on this buggy... preferably people who own one or have had one and sold it possibly etc...

i am semi interested in getting one for myself to race here in australia, i guess i want to know if parts are easy to get (if you race one in australia you can answer this?), whats the durability like for parts, or are they cheap and nasty... also whats it like to drive etc... because if i get bad feedback on these issues i will just get a kyosho or mugen.

so anyone?
Old 10-17-2006, 11:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Private Message MindCrime . His name is Dominick, he is the North American Caster Racing team manager. I'm sure he could answer all your questions.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:47 AM
Tech Addict

hey, thanks, but i'm after someone with an unbias opinion - ie. someone that has spent their hard earned, if you know what i mean and what they think.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:15 AM
Tech Elite

Unfortunately I cant give a unbiased opinion as I am South frican Distributor but I have to say the buggy has come a long way in a fairly short time.
Initail RTR kits had a lot of issues but they were and have been sorted out.
The ZX-1 Pro is a good buggy ,priced right and upgrades if needed are interchangeable with MBX5 parts.
I have run the full National series with the first version of the Pro buggy and to date I can list parts I have broken and 80% of those breakages were from errors in my driving.
The universals were week and didnt last very long ,they have been replaced with rebuildable units that are a lot stronger.
The next weeknes has been the std Pro chassis where the motor mounts.
This also has been sorted and the upgrade CNC chassis is a recommended hop up as its a lot stiffer.
Buggy handles well and you can use MBX5 setup sheets as guidelines for your setup.
Paul Coleman ran a buggy at the Worlds and unfortunately for him he didnt get a lot of running as he had motor issues ,but he has helped the factory identify and improve the new ZX-1R into a awesome package.
There is mention of 26 improvements ,which says a lot about them working at giving the racers a great package.
I know caster spares are popular for replacing MBX5 a-arms as they are a lot stronger and not as brittle as the MBX5.

I am waiting anxiously to recieve the new ZX-1R kits and look forward to a good 2007 season with it.

For the Guys in the US ,Amain Hobbies is one of the regional distributors ,so give them a shout or alternatively contact Dominick at [email protected]
He is the US team Manager and am sure he will point you in the right direction.Bare with him though ,he might be a bit delayed with a reply as he is a busy guy.
Any questions you guys have give me a shout too ,ill be more than happy to help.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:33 PM
Tech Elite

casterracing K8 Truggy is released and available as well as the new ZX-1R Pro buggy kit.A difinate candidate for a good durable and value fro money car that is also not shy on performance.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:15 AM
Tech Elite

Some pics of the new ZX-1R Pro and RTR.
RTR

Pro

Old 11-13-2006, 12:19 AM
Tech Elite

Pics of K8 Pro Truggy and RTR version.RTR version equipped with a GO .21 engine.
RTR

Pro

Old 11-13-2006, 06:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Talking like the wheels

i like the wheels.its about time someone made wheels like that for the 1/10 scale buggies and trucks
Old 12-24-2006, 01:40 AM
Tech Elite

A few pics of the new Truggy and Buggy.

Pro kits come 80% asembled.
Old 12-24-2006, 01:41 AM
Tech Elite

Truggy

Old 12-31-2006, 05:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Love Those truggy rims looks cool.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.