R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Sidewinder Esc Setup Question... Help (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/214727-sidewinder-esc-setup-question-help.html)

Associated-08 03-30-2008 12:40 PM

Sidewinder Esc Setup Question... Help

Hey I have the sidewinder with the 5700 and i dont have the castle link. Well i dont get how to program it. I read the book and all. But how do i know what setting im actually setting. Like drag brake, low voltage cutoff? IT doesnt say how to find out which setting im on!

please help!

Mike

nutz4rcyktw 03-30-2008 12:44 PM

I would suggest keeping a pad of paper and pencil handy. Note as you go through the menu for each selection you make and if you chose yes or no or what other choice you make with your throttle trigger on radio.

party_wagon 03-30-2008 12:51 PM

You should be able to dl the software on the cc site & then you can pick up one of the links @ a pc store for like $5.

Associated-08 03-30-2008 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by nutz4rcyktw (Post 4309179)
I would suggest keeping a pad of paper and pencil handy. Note as you go through the menu for each selection you make and if you chose yes or no or what other choice you make with your throttle trigger on radio.

Lol does this thing speak to me? Or do i just mark check marks and count how many times untill the one that i want?

nutz4rcyktw 03-30-2008 03:56 PM

I never got to test mine as it was damaged in the package when I received it. It is being replaced. As I understand it you hear tones that confirm your selections. I did not think Castle Link worked with the Sidewinder.

afish 03-30-2008 04:16 PM

to use the link with the sidewinder u need the rx plug thing and also the usb i have one for 20 shiped has the usb and the link and the cd

nutz4rcyktw 03-30-2008 04:20 PM

Thanks for clarification. I didn't have mine long enough to read the entire manual.

Associated-08 03-30-2008 04:31 PM

I want to program it manually. No link... That is what this is about. sry for missunderstanding.

Associated-08 03-30-2008 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by afish (Post 4309595)
to use the link with the sidewinder u need the rx plug thing and also the usb i have one for 20 shiped has the usb and the link and the cd

If i cant figure this out i might buy it.

Thanks

nutz4rcyktw 03-30-2008 05:29 PM

If you call their support number, they are very good at helping (so I have been told). They led a friend of mine through an issue he was having without the need to return the unit to them. It was fully resolved.

wyd 03-30-2008 06:57 PM

After you run thru the programming it is really easy. If you run thru the steps a few times it gets even easier and you should be able to figure it out.

When I first got my test speedo I ran thru the programming several times and each time I ran thru it became alot easier.

You must really pay attention to blinks. I think after you run thru it a few times it will be easier.

Associated-08 03-31-2008 02:51 PM

Hey i called them and he walked me through it. Now its easy. They need to explain the beeps better in the manual.